R.C.T on 2013 pcx

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

andy

R.C.T on 2013 pcx

Post by andy »

Would just like to say iam back online. Can everyone pls make sure that you all wear the proper gear not like we see many people wearin just t shirts etc etc ....... Because i i didnt have on all the proper gear my head on crash with a motorbike wouldnt have ended with just a broken coller bone which is still waitin to see if it will heal before they think about butting a plate in and metel plates in my arm and afew other broken bones .I can't tell you how it happened because i dont have any memory off the crash all i know is i was air lifted to hosptial and iam off work for 10 weeks maybe more . But more than anything i was later told that because the way the way the pcx crumble zone worked safed me from having nothing more than a badly spained ankle . Iam not saying it would be like that for everyone but for me it saved me , so on that note i have gone and got the new 2014 2015 model even thou i cant drive it yet it looks nice parked outside under my window . Here's a few pic's cant wait to go for a drive i have been told that because a cant remember anything of the crash it should feel like i have just been away on hol if that makes sense .
Attachments
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG (95.93 KiB) Viewed 765 times
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG (98.53 KiB) Viewed 765 times
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG (122.39 KiB) Viewed 765 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: R.C.T on 2013 pcx

Post by kramnala58 »

Wow, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Even though you are injured, I am glad to hear that you are in a lot better condition that you could have been. With the purchase of the 2014/15, I am assuming that your other PCX was a total loss.

I have heard it said that if you fall off of a horse, the best thing you can do is get right back on it. I think that is easier said than done. I don't have a lot of riding experience (less than 1,000 miles of strictly urban riding). I laid my PCX down once at slow speed on some smooth, dust cover concrete. I was on the ground before I knew what happened. It has made me a little timid leaning the bike when I turn, just wondering where the tipping point is. All the power to you if you don't suffer any adverse effects and you are able to get back on and ride again. I think it will be more of a mental battle than a physical one.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Same, glad you're otherwise OK! Almost 3,000 miles so far and not a scratch, ding or dent, I've stayed on the bike the entire time.

But I know it's coming.

ATGATT... all the gear, all the time.
socoguy78
Regular User
Regular User

Post by socoguy78 »

Hope you're doing better... I'm a new rider too with about 720 miles on my PCX. As I've started riding on faster roads, I've started buying more protective gear. My helmet originally, a HJC IS-MAX I only road with jeans/long sleeve shirt for practicing on parking lots, then I started out on the residential roads and got some Speed and Strength leather/textile gloves with some knuckle protection on it. And the latest protection I bought a couple days ago is a Cortech Adrenaline Jacket. It looks like a jacket for racing, but bought it because of all the armor on the inside and outside along with the leather and it fits perfectly. Got this because I plan on taking a small 40ish mile road trip down south to Branson MO on State Highways. Also I wear full leather boots with steel tipped toes.

All I can say about your accident is it's a learning experience. Pooh happens and we get back up never making the same mistakes again. And hope you're doing better and have a speedy recovery. Worst that ever happened to me was being robed in St. Louis, MO, a very very high violent crime city. Was robed in my apartment and thrown off my 3rd story balcony without any protection on my body. So I feel for you and feel for your recovery. It took me a good year for my body to fully recover and heal from that fall and a good 12 years to recover financially from it.

You'll pull through recovery like a knife through butter!
andy

Post by andy »

it had done 5,000 miles upto the point it got wrote off will say one thing thou city crip tyres are alot better in the wet than stock

thankyou for the best wishes