Airhawk products

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Airhawk products

Post by Z-Mac »

Hey guys,

Wanted to ask you guys if any of you have installed an "Airhawk seat cushion" on your forza?

I was looking at their product website @ www.airhawk.net and find a few models that might be a good fit but I'm not 100% sure which would be a perfect fit.

Let me know if any of you guys have any expertise on this field please.

Thanks

Z
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Airhawk products

Post by dustin91 »

Hey Z-Mac, there's a thread here you may want to check out: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7&start=20

I don't think I'll keep mine, because as you shift your weight on the bladder, the air moves to the other side. I prefer a gel cushion that sinks where there's more weight without affecting anywhere else on the surface.
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

Hello Dustin91 , thank you for your link. What model of the air hawk product do you have?

Cheers

Z
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

I have the DS. The fit on the seat is quite good, actually. I just didn't like the feeling of the air moving around when I adjusted my seating position. You cannot have it fully inflated – the goal is to let out as much air as possible that still keeps you elevated off the seat itself.

Right now, I've got a Comfort-Max cushion on: http://amzn.com/B006ZRC5IC. I got the one with the neoprene cover, but it actually has the cut-out for your tailbone. I've asked the seller if that is a mistake or not. Haven't done any riding on it yet, but just sitting on the bike, I like the feel of it better than the AirHawk.
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

Thank you kindly Dustin for your info. I look into it!

Cheers

Z
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Let us know how it feels, Dustin. I definitely like the price better than the Airhawk DS.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Fang, I'm copying my post from another thread - forgot this one was about cushions too!

"If I haven't recommended this in the thread already, let me do so now: http://amzn.com/B006ZRC5IC

This is a gel seat with a neoprene cover (he has a sheepskin-covered one as well). Fits right up against the hump, but I just removed the hump and will be placing this over the holes instead. I found it more comfortable than the AirMax because the gel doesn't shift around when you reposition your butt on a ride like the air in the bladders does in the AirMax.

It also has a non-slip underside which I like a lot, so there's very little to no movement on the seat.

My only complaint is with the straps that hold the cushion to the seat, which end in wide right-angle hooks, and are a little tough to position just right so they stay under the PCX seat when closed. I'm going to make a new strap with a nylon belt and a buckle so that the belt will go all the way around the seat, and just velcro the cushion to that (it attaches to the included belt with velcro as well, so it should be an easy mod)."

I've since realised I can hopefully just remove the right-angle hooks and use the existing strap to add the buckle to go all the way around the seat... but if it's too short, cobbling together one that works should be pretty easy.

If you do order one from Amazon, send the seller (Joe) an email after and tell him I recommended his product! He helped me swap out a wrong order, and I told him about the board. Nice guy.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Thanks, Dustin!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red