After one year on the PCX150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Azjohn

After one year on the PCX150

Post by Azjohn »

My evaluation of the PCX150 after one year is as follows. This little scoot is the most fun bike in my garage. I quit riding my 750 Magna, am selling my 2012 Interstate 1300. I just purchased a 2014 CTX 700 dct and it will be the only thing I ride other than my PCX. After a year on the PCX I can find no fault to report. it is smooth, always starts, handles great and is just plain fun to ride. Those of you who love your PCX know exactly what I mean. Thanks to the :P Forum folks for the handy hints and how to articles. They were very helpful. Ride safe. John. in Az.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: After one year on the PCX150

Post by you you »

Azjohn wrote:My evaluation of the PCX150 after one year is as follows. This little scoot is the most fun bike in my garage. I quit riding my 750 Magna, am selling my 2012 Interstate 1300. I just purchased a 2014 CTX 700 dct and it will be the only thing I ride other than my PCX. After a year on the PCX I can find no fault to report. it is smooth, always starts, handles great and is just plain fun to ride. Those of you who love your PCX know exactly what I mean. Thanks to the :P Forum folks for the handy hints and how to articles. They were very helpful. Ride safe. John. in Az.

Couldn't agree more
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Got our PCXs this spring and is the first scooter over 50 cc that I ever rode and have to say I concur with AzJohn. Very fun to ride!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice to read that the PCX means that much to you that you actually sold the others. WoW! And now you got yerself a 700CTX DCT, Saweet. It might be my next bike too. Time will tell. ( :? But, why does that NM4 intrigue me so?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

We've had our PCX's for a year as well, my 125 version and my wife's 150. We couldn't be happier and it has been my favorite of all of my former scoots as well.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Hit one year on mine last Friday (8/1). Only have 800 miles on it but only use around town.

Perfectly suited to my needs and fun to ride. Title to most fun to ride belongs in my case to an old R75/5, though.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Mine's one year old as well this month. Almost ready to break 3,000 miles, riding only on warm weekends!

Also eyeing that CTX700 myself... :D
Azjohn

Post by Azjohn »

WhiteNoise wrote:Nice to read that the PCX means that much to you that you actually sold the others. WoW! And now you got yerself a 700CTX DCT, Saweet. It might be my next bike too. Time will tell. ( :? But, why does that NM4 intrigue me so?)

I too have contemplated the NM4. I think it looks like it would be very comfortable to cruise on but I'm afraid I may fall asleep on one.
jitaylor

Post by jitaylor »

Geez, that is weird. I just purchased a CTX 700 as well. I have had the PCX and commute every day on it rain or shine. I have only had it two months and find it a spectacular bit of kit. Good to know I will feel the same after a year.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Bash On, you only have 800 miles on your PCX?? I bought mine in May of this year and my wife has one already, so we ride casually when both of us feel up to it. Mine now has close to 2,000 miles on it. You need to do some more riding. Once the scooter is broken in, at close to 2,000 miles it will be a dream to ride, and it will go when you say go, with no hesitation. At 800 miles it is still new and waiting for you to give it some fun times.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Mel46 wrote:Bash On, you only have 800 miles on your PCX?? I bought mine in May of this year and my wife has one already, so we ride casually when both of us feel up to it. Mine now has close to 2,000 miles on it. You need to do some more riding. Once the scooter is broken in, at close to 2,000 miles it will be a dream to ride, and it will go when you say go, with no hesitation. At 800 miles it is still new and waiting for you to give it some fun times.
Yep, you're right, Mel. Rode it to work today, but that's only 7 miles round-trip. Heat index will be 104 degrees so I'm not inclined to go joy-riding after work. Looking forward to the 2k break-in after another year or so.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?