:( So long PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: :( So long PCX

Post by gn2 »

You'll not get a PCX 150 in the UK, they won't be imported here.
The Trackstar is an interesting little bike, I really like the look of them.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
pony

Post by pony »

rich666 wrote:Well just a quick update,

The insurance company have been in touch and have made me an offer that I have accepted. I must admit I was pleasantly suprised that they offered me a decent amount from the outset and can't fault them for that.

I'm going to see about the Sinnis and hopefully by next week should be back on the road.
Rich666, thats good news, really happy for you.
Pony
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Very good news Rich and let us see some pics of whatever you get next
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

good to hear you got something back! Be sure to post up pics of your new ride!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I've just sold a Bonneville, due to lack of use. I just want something to play on when I feel like it, and am seriously considering a pcx. The Trackstar looks great, and is well priced. In the flesh, it looks like it would blow over. A local dealer (who's stopped bothering with Sinnis) had one. One mile on the clock (presumably wheeling it in and out of the shop). The paint on the thing the speedo's mounted to, was peeling badly. Also, if you've not had a geared bike before, with 125's you're up and down the gear box, like no-one's business.
Not saying don't buy one, or that I definitely wouldn't have one. This is just something to think about.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Good point Scooter about the constant changing gears on a geared 125. A royal pain in the ass and will be not so smooth on a cheap bike. I had a Honda XR125L and the gear changing just drove me mad. An auto is so much nicer for a 125 especially in town.
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

Sorry to hear about the theft but at least the insurers came through.This is the reason every time i leave my pcx when im out or at work its attached to something with the almax.I often drive around a bit just to find a post to attach it to.Itss easy to lift into a van and off then to deal with the security in the comfort of a garage somewhere.
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Well I went to the dealer today to sort out getting the Sinnis and It's costing me £1590 OTR.
Plus they are throwing in the 1st service free and giving me a nice new helmet as well :)

I've gone for the Black/British Racing Green one. I'm buying the bike outright this time no finance deals so going on Monday to sort out the paperwork, etc then picking it up on Thursday.

I read up on Sinnis and they get a good set of reviews MCN reviewed and posted a youtube video saying it was a nice little bike.

Top end is only 65mph but for me that's just peachy as I don't need to be anywhere fast :)
10litre tank is good for over 200miles between fill ups so should only need to fill her once a month that'll make my wallet and bank manager smile too :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Not 100% certain but I believe there are loads of tuning bits available including a 180cc big bore kit...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

You're right there are loads of generaic tuning parts for that engine but I'm leaving it the way it for now. Might condier a kit later on to increase the power up to 14bhp and spike the torque a little bit.
it tastes like...Eagle!
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

have fun on the sinnis, good price and choice. i too looked at that before i settled on the Varadero

i missed the PCX at first but not anymore, loving my Varadero and pleased i went to a geared bike despite having more to concentrate on
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Not 100% certain but I believe there are loads of tuning bits available including a 180cc big bore kit...
Why bother?! If you just want more power/speed just buy a bigger bike! Whats a 180cc going to go like? A 200cc + will just cruise by you....
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

rich666 wrote:You're right there are loads of generaic tuning parts for that engine but I'm leaving it the way it for now. Might condier a kit later on to increase the power up to 14bhp and spike the torque a little bit.
Id just trade it in straight away for the 250cc and be done with it...Modding it you will just waste you money..:(
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

What 250 cc ?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:Whats a 180cc going to go like?
Faster than a standard Trackstar and better uphill...
Pcxdemon wrote:A 200cc + will just cruise by you....
Riding on the roads isn't a competition, if someone rides past, so what?
I am firmly of the opinion that modifying small capacity bikes is a waste of time and money, but not everyone has the same view.
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

First off I don't want a bigger bike - the point of having a 125cc is that you go everywhere taking tiny little sips of petrol getting 100+mpg. That's the appeal to me, plus I stick to a CBT so I'm able take pillion which is good, plus no motorway riding - which is even better. I just liking taking my time and I'm not going to waste my money modding it, it's quick enough if it gets to 60mph :)

I've done my homework and the Trackstar is roughly based around an an old suzuki designed TS 125 with the slightly newer DR125 engine in it. It's a proven hard wearing lazy air cooled 4stroke that throws out 11hp. It should last me a long time and hopefully in a few years time I can sell it on to fund a new bike.

My experience with the insurance has been somewhat soured in the last day - I have been contacted by them and told that I have to pay a cancellation fee, plus an admin fee as my bike was a total loss - to the tune of £140!! that's nearly three times what the insurance was in the first place. I noted to them politely that this wasn't mentioned in the "total Excess" of the insurance I took and they said I should have checked the small print!! :( swinton therefore will not be getting my business again. I also asked for a new quote from them for the Sinnis.

I'll let everyone guess how much they quoted - nearest guess will get a smiley from me.
it tastes like...Eagle!
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

rich666 wrote:I'll let everyone guess how much they quoted - nearest guess will get a smiley from me.
Hmm. I once drove through a puddle in a Citroen ZX. It sucked the water into the engine and bent the con rods, so it needed a rebuild, plus a new clutch. This was paid for by the insurance company to the tune of £2000 pounds. Great service :) Some months later the insurance comes up for renewal and my new policy notice comes, informing me that the annual cost has risen to - you guessed it - £2000 :lol: Needless to say I just went to another company.

So my guess is: Swinton's quote was what ever they paid out for your loss.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

On the basis that your PCX insurance was just over a third of 140, and given that you have just had a total loss, I reckon the Sinnis insurance will be around about £135
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

I got the Sinnis insurance for £153 through Highway that's the cheapest quote I can get with a claim against me this year.

Swinton on the other hand found me a quote that due to the total loss was.....£651!!! :o
I seriously think UK insurance and the FSA themselves need to take a good hard look at how they practise business :(
it tastes like...Eagle!
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Good luck with the Sinnis, really a nice looking bike. More work to keep it clean though!!!