Just got a New 2013 Honda PCX 150 in Red

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Just got a New 2013 Honda PCX 150 in Red

Post by Darth Emma »

I got my carrier at discountramps.com for a little over a hundred bucks. It works great.

I did buy their longer folding ramp to make loading and unloading easier. The ramp that comes with the carrier works, but is kind of narrow and short, so the angle was a bit steep on my truck. Although, on my CRV it's just fine. (It's hitch is lower.)
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Mine came from there as well. Great place with videos and tips, etc. I saved shipping by getting it on EBay. Amazon or direct were higher for the same carrier - all were from Discount Ramps.

took a few pictures today.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Brother that's a nice scoot... Billy are the wheels smaller on the 2013's or is his helmet bigger than mine.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Sticking the helmet way out on the handlebar is the same way I hold my fish for pictures. o_O
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I've bought so many service manuals for electronic goods and cars and mostly never used them! Waste of money in the end.

Regarding the PCX shop manual, less than £30 is a bargain as in the UK it's in two parts, each £35! However, will I (ordered both) or anyone else need them - not sure as there's so much info on this forum from people who have made video's and pdf's showing how to do most things such as valve clearance's, strip down of panels, etc, along with youtube vid's make the manual almost redundant for the most part. Almost everything needed to service the scoot for many years trouble free running is in the owners manual or available here. Major faults are likely to be garage/dealer/warranty fixes anyway. It will be useful for minor electronic faults of some MIL code warnings as they manual does list every known issue that can cause the vast number of warnings that can be shown (some only have the major part of the warning indicated by flashing of the engine health light, as sub codes are only listed with the dealer device plugged into the monitor port).

The service manual is so comprehensive I find it hard going in places as it's quite a tomb of info!, and unless your a good mechanic or have the facility to strip the bike down in peace such as a large garage, many things may be best avoided - I don't really want to strip the bike on the front drive and try and fix major electric faults or engine problems without being able to lock the bike under cover when pulled apart!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heck yeah! Get it, you won't regret it! Shoot, it's even cheaper than the 2013-2015 Shop edition.
My votes in ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You