Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Eddie

Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

Post by Eddie »

Amazing post pcxpower, kudos :ugeek: :ugeek:
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks, Eddie! Whitenoise is the one that thought about comparing both scooters, and I couldn't imagine that almost all panels have different dimensions/shapes ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

huh, from the pics you posted of the bike, looks like the new seat will not be swappable onto the old PCX. =(
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Perhaps the general shape and hinge are different, but the lower base is similar, so that they could be swapped? The new one doesn't have the hump, but its foam could be thicker... :|
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Somebody here (hee,hee) ^^^ :D is getting a 2015 PCX VERY SOON! Gee, I Wonder Who ^^^ ??

So Wazz Up? Is today the Big Day? It's just about party time! We've got to Celebrate!! :P

Wahoo!! 2015's are rolling in the PCX Forum Doors!! I'm Feeling the Love!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.3 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

where.......
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX Family of Head on photos (feel free pcxpower....to do your Magic ;) )
I couldn't find a comparable 2015 Head on photo, so I used WN :| Sorry about Big Brother watching. Honda's have a way of sticking together :D
Attachments
2011 head on.jpg
2011 head on.jpg (16.26 KiB) Viewed 1788 times
2013 head on.jpg
2013 head on.jpg (17.89 KiB) Viewed 1788 times
2014-2015 head on.jpg
2014-2015 head on.jpg (33.12 KiB) Viewed 1788 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Right here (Great, but sad movie!) Sharing the Love Happy part :P

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YES!!!! I already have the scooter, and I have pics to prove it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now I'm at work, but as soon as I get home I'll post the pics! I'm really happy with the new scooter, but I've been able to drive her only about 20 miles... very happy so far!! ;)

And when I get to the computer I'll try to overlap both frontal pics, and let's hope that the results are acceptable :lol: :lol: ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Here you have a couple pics of my brand sparkling new scooter! :D :D :D :D :D

Tonight I will update my introductory post with other pics to show other perspectives of the new PCX :D :D :D :D

Today I will drive it for a little more time, as yesterday I installed in the scooter a windhield that I already had (from an old scooter) to use it in the meantime that I decide if I purchase a Fabbri, Ermax, or I wait until GIVI releases a high one for the new model. Driving at "high speed" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: with this scooter deserves some protection! (I always install higher windshields to protect me and my wife from wind, bugs, water, cold, etc) ;)
WhiteNoise wrote:PCX Family of Head on photos (feel free pcxpower....to do your Magic ;) )
I couldn't find a comparable 2015 Head on photo, so I used WN :| Sorry about Big Brother watching. Honda's have a way of sticking together :D
That's a great idea! I have tried to do it, but I haven't been able because I think that the picture of your scooter was taken from a higher position than the red one, so they do not match exactly. It would be necessary to take a picture holding the camera at headlight level, if possible. I could gladly take a picture of mine, but I have the "ugly" temporary windshield installed, and it would look a little bad in the picture... Whenever you have some time, please take a new pic of your PCX and I will overlap them ;) ;) ;)

By the way: I have just updated my avatar with the incredible LED headlight! 8) 8) 8) 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Nice bike and great choice of Avatar!
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks! ;) By the way, today I have filled her up, and the onboard computer indicates a mileage of between 2.0 and 2.2 l/100km (117.6 and 106.9 USA mpg and 141.2 and 128.4 British mpg), riding 2 passengers and driving in city and road, at "braking in" speeds :D )

2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

CONGRATULATIONS pcxpower!! Did you party hearty over the weekend? Rolling out the Good times? Cheers and Enjoy! (Have to admit, yours does look a lot like mine) :P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

See the padlock on the ignition panel? I used it for the first time yesterday while it was parked outside a friends house. Labor Day party, BBQ and all. Sad to know that summer is at an end. But! Let's Not talk about that now :(
So, with the bike still running and before dismounting, I turned the bars full swing left, then I decided to turn them full swing right (so I could get off easier :ugeek: ). I then pushed the key in while turning it in the direction of the padlock. What a wonderful contraption this is! :P Not only did the bars lock at full swing But the keyhole cover closed as well! 8) Two, for the motion of one! Genius!
Later, when it was dark?? Hmm....I fumbled getting the opposite side of the key (the hexed side) into position to open the cover. It was dark out. Thankfully, I keep a small LED button light attached to my jackets zipper pull. Bless the light for it was good :P Got it open, put the key in turned it & unlocked the bars. Cool!
Another new find!! Glory Days :P
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.51 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Yes, it's really convenient, and it works flawlessly, but I would like it to be like in the old model, in which, when locking the bars at full swing, one could choose to close the keyhole cover, or keep it open 8)

I wonder if some forum user will think about modifying it? We'll see! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Do you mean the little shutter over the ignition lock? My 2011 has that so is it new for the U.S. Bikes.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

In your bike, when you lock the bars at full swing to the left, you can choose to close the shutter or leave it open. In the 2015 model, you can't choose: the shutter closes automatically ALWAYS when you lock the bars. The system is the same, but supposedly "revised", so that security is increased... I'd like to have the option to close the shutter, or leave it open ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Ah, I see. I understand why they did that but I prefer the old way.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

I'm sure that there will be one or other way to modify the system, to make it work "the traditional way", so that the ones that prefer the old system could transform it... I hope! :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

WhiteNoise wrote: Genius! Another new find
he's off the meds