Thought I'd say hello

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Thought I'd say hello

Post by wilbur »

Because I joined here and haven't done it yet. So. Hello!
I've been on scooters for awhile now for a couple of reasons... to keep the Mrs happy, and because I require an automatic transmission. Because it had been so many years since I've ridden anything but a bicycle, when she had the idea to get a scooter back in '06, she wanted me on a 50. I was okay with that. We shared the lowly Vespa LX50 until last year when she got herself a Buddy 50. Once she saw the hot pink one, she just had to get it. Lately, she's been wanting more power for hills, etc., so she was thinking about the 70 kit on the buddy. Along with that, she decided somewhere along the line that I should have a bigger, faster scooter as well. I'm certainly okay with that.

We were initially looking at the Sym Citycomm 300i. A lot going for it, but some fairly major issues to my way of thinking. Here were my thoughts on it:

Pros:
Largest motorbike manufacturer in the world, comfortable, BMW GS-like touring seating position, 16" wheels, plenty of electric power for stuff, nimble, real motorcycle suspension, 80-85mph (faster than I ever want to go), will take a 47-53 liter top case.

Cons:
Seat height - can't flat foot, would have to custom rig side bags/cases, realistically only one foot position, parts availability, service ability, will never get to ride it - wife will steal it all the time.

Cost is quite low. Not much of a trade in option.

And of course the Burgman is in the mix too, as were the larger Vespas, but at the cost, I might as well get the Honda NC700x or CTX, so the Burgman loses almost immediately.

Then I came across the Forza. Wow! I'm impressed. And glad I saw it before I had enough money :D

Again 80+ mph, 50 liter top case, bigger, smaller wheels, combined brakes - kind of nice, ABS available.

Considered a bit more of a highway cruiser, not sure about sitting position - need to find one and sit on it, better windshield available, would have to custom side cases or bags, some say rear suspension not so great, others say it's great.

Bigger than the citycom, appears to have the option to stretch out the legs. I used to like the cruiser sitting position, now I'm not so sure. I really like the touring position. A bit pricier, but it's a Honda, should last forever, utterly reliable.

And
Got to go look at one today. It has jumped to the top of the list. But this thing is HUGE! 2" longer wheelbase than the BMW R1200 RT! Under seat storage is cavernous, and the glovebox swallows my entire arm up to the elbow. Put a 50 liter top case on it, and I think it will have enough storage (maybe). Very comfortable, and multiple foot/leg positions. Now if I could just find enough money... And a bigger garage... Or a shed... Or a smaller car...

And

Got another good long look at the Forza today, and even better, side by side with a Burgman. The Burgman has a lot going for it, and I still really like it, but $7500+? For a 400? Too much.

I would love to see the floorboards on the forza maybe 1" lower! but it's still good... Lot's of foot positions. Plenty of room for fog lights on the forks, either available tall windshield should be okay, but I should look again with a tape measure. And room at the back for some extra lighting. And I should probably try the bike with my riding boots on, but so far? It's the one.

So right now, the Forza is the #1 choice. Just trying to save up funds to make it happen. Then I can change my avatar to something more appropriate to a Honda-based forum
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Re: Thought I'd say hello

Post by wilbur »

Would certainly love to be able to do this to it though...
Attachments
P6200132%20(Medium).JPG
P6200132%20(Medium).JPG (48.11 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Image, Image
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Thought I'd say hello

Post by homey »

how are ya.... you know this could be the biggest piece of crap but who-da-who scooter company loaded it with creature features. They tried, didn't they, at least they did that.

and the piston engine went boink! boink! boink!