Life saving tip

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Life saving tip

Post by homie »

gn2 wrote:You don't buy scooter tyres for their looks.
Unless you're a total plonker of course.
agreed
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice set up Wilbur ;) perhaps we could see your light show in the dark? (hint, hint :D )
Do you have any experience with the "Backoff" light? The dot dash dot brake on/off rear end flasher?
So you're planning to buy a Forza heh? Order in? Selling the Vespa?
Cool, I think you'll love it. If the Forza weren't so broad across the saddle causing me backache, I'd been a buyer :| I was very disappointed that day. Then I shifted over and sat on a CTX700DCT (for a long time) That one just might be my future bike 8) ........ after (?) my 2015 PCX, but I love my PCX!
No regrets coyote ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.91 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

still posting the same old twaddle GN2 ??

all smiles here in Thailand...lol....
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

Now the CTX with the taller windscreen doesn't look too bad at all... If only it weren't for the extra couple thousand $'s.
Image, Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ oh yeah...extra $$$. I'm saving already for my next bike (shhh). It will take me awhile. Ah, but maybe the White will be here by then 8)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

homie wrote:
iceman wrote:Michelin City Grips seem to have nothing but praise heaped on them, so why chance other makes.
There is plenty of time before I need tires so maybe someone will venture out and review and show the Pirelli GTS on the PCX because DAHAM! those are more what I want to see on my bike. Can we get a vote on Pirelli for looks?
I have Pirelli gts'(they are awesome... also had city grip on my ruckus/gy6(also good)) on my pcx and do I care about looks... NO. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey homie, I'm thinking about City Grips too! But in the proper Honda size. I have to think about that expenditure a bit more. My life rolls right along atop me bike. Want to be as safe as I can be. One more snap to my back, and I'd be done. People think I'm crazy riding. I am. But.......
"Sha La, la, la, la, la Live for Today......."
I pray a lot too ;)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:People think I'm crazy riding. I am. But.......
I pray a lot too ;)
Crazy is misunderstood, I relate it to happy! and all that carefree giddiness comes from knowing HIM.
Some of us hear you loud and clear WN. Will you be released anytime soon? NOPE!
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey homie, I'm thinking about City Grips too! But in the proper Honda size. I have to think about that expenditure a bit more. My life rolls right along atop me bike. Want to be as safe as I can be. One more snap to my back, and I'd be done. People think I'm crazy riding. I am. But.......
I pray a lot too ;)
With that in mind, do you wear any kind of armor or brace for your back?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

hatari wrote:

What twaddle about it? It makes sense I would have thought.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

hatari wrote:

He can't change. It's not what GN2s do. No flexibility,adaptivity, empathy, creativity etc etc ...all 'itys are out. Just opinion as fact.

You are wrong and he is right
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Valiant wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hey homie, I'm thinking about City Grips too! But in the proper Honda size. I have to think about that expenditure a bit more. My life rolls right along atop me bike. Want to be as safe as I can be. One more snap to my back, and I'd be done. People think I'm crazy riding. I am. But.......
I pray a lot too ;)
With that in mind, do you wear any kind of armor or brace for your back?
Hi Valiant, how are you feeling?
Answer is yes, yes and yes. I wear Bohn Adventure Pants http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog ... nts.com%2F
under Diamond Gusset Defender jeans (w/Kevlar) http://americangusset.com/defender-defe ... ue/dp/2070. I also have the Bohn armor Shirt seen on that same page linked above. I rarely wear the shirt because I wear an armored jacket. However, their shirt can be worn under any shirt that you choose...that's neat! 8)
I also have (but have not tried), the Back-a-Line back support http://www.backaline.com highly recommended by other riders at another forum.
And last, but by no means least is the SAS-TEC back protector http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-s ... -protector
I removed all the spongy back protectors that came in my jackets and replaced them with the SAS-TEC. A little trimming here and there and it fits snugly into it's back pocket.

You can Read about all the armor, and Watch the video's. Personally, I think it's worth the extra bucks and I feel better knowing It's All There!
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

Thanks for the armor tips, WhiteNoise and also for your good will and good humor on this forum! I'll check out the tips.
WhiteNoise wrote:?
Answer is yes, yes and yes. I wear Bohn Adventure Pants http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog ... nts.com%2F
under Diamond Gusset Defender jeans (w/Kevlar) http://americangusset.com/defender-defe ... ue/dp/2070. I also have the Bohn armor Shirt seen on that same page linked above. I rarely wear the shirt because I wear an armored jacket. However, their shirt can be worn under any shirt that you choose...that's neat! 8)
I also have (but have not tried), the Back-a-Line back support http://www.backaline.com highly recommended by other riders at another forum.
And last, but by no means least is the SAS-TEC back protector http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-s ... -protector
I removed all the spongy back protectors that came in my jackets and replaced them with the SAS-TEC. A little trimming here and there and it fits snugly into it's back pocket.

You can Read about all the armor, and Watch the video's. Personally, I think it's worth the extra bucks and I feel better knowing It's All There!
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

WhiteNoise wrote: Hi Valiant, how are you feeling?
Good. I can walk a little bit without the crutches, but my knee and ankle still feel swollen.
WhiteNoise wrote:Answer is yes, yes and yes. I wear Bohn Adventure Pants http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog ... nts.com%2F

Oh I've got a full set of Motoport Kevlar Mesh armor just waiting for me:
The Bohn armor seems more discreet, but I have to ask if it's either tight-fitting, or comes with adjustable straps. Because as I understand it, one potential issue with armor at the knees and elbows is that they can essentially "roll" off the joint, leaving you without protection during an impact because the armor shifted a few inches left or right.

I like mine because it's custom fitted(measurements provided by the customer, and they ask for a lot), and it comes with adjustable straps(legs, arms, and chest) as well in order to keep the armor from shifting at all. Oh, and it's a mesh fabric, so the entire thing is a giant vent, much cooler than it looks, and perfect for Hawaii weather.

Total cost was a hair under $2,000. Switched over to SIDI Crossfire 2's as well for another $600, which ought to help in case my leg gets twisted(which I assume is what happened). I sure didn't cheap out on the gear 8) .
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

nothing like a short tumble off a tall bike to get you in the mood for armor I guess... you got guts kid, you do have that.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

homie wrote:nothing like a short tumble off a tall bike to get you in the mood for armor I guess... you got guts kid, you do have that.
PCX = tall? o.O

And here I thought I was Asian :D .

Oh, and I already bought the armor before my crash, it's just that it was still being made and didn't arrive until two weeks after my crash. Not that it would have helped for anything other than the mild road rash, it was my leg that got twisted until the bones broke. The shin plate in my old boots didn't help with that either.

It's good armor, but I'm hoping it makes me less likely to fall off as opposed to more likely Q_Q
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Well if you are like me you'll be flicking the dead bugs out of the mesh every night when you get home... but you should roll like the Michelin man in that outfit. For the price you probably didn't want to have it on when you splashed anyway. I've got to find me a decent pair of pants but Ratchet's got the check book.. so

that must be a pretty nice dental plan they have over there
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

homie wrote:Well if you are like me you'll be flicking the dead bugs out of the mesh every night when you get home... but you should roll like the Michelin man in that outfit. For the price you probably didn't want to have it on when you splashed anyway. I've got to find me a decent pair of pants but Ratchet's got the check book.. so

that must be a pretty nice dental plan they have over there
I doubt I'd be doing any night riding anytime soon(maybe after my 600 mile oil change). It would be pretty unpleasant to find a damn bee stuck in the mesh when I take it off though o_O o_O o_O .

Rolling is good, helps disperse the impact 8) .

As far as having it on and splashing, one guy had a spill at 70 mph on Mexican asphalt. Had some small holes, torn reflector tapes, and a couple of busted zippers, but it was all fixable. Their company policy is that if they can't repair it, they'll replace it for free.

Dental plan isn't that great. Free monthly cleanings, but no coverage on braces. I've got one tooth in my lower jaw that shoves against another tooth at a 45 degree angle, real PITA when I eat steak and I've got a fiber stuck there :lol: .
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

No bees, but I usually have a good collection of nats and mosquitos caught in that dayglow mesh. Rather then smear them around I find that letting them dry until the next morning will allow for a light brush to remove all without excessive washing. I have only had to wash mine once so far and that was the result of a weird look I got from a store clerk that left me checking my zipper only to see all the bugs on the mesh must have been her problem... I hope.

Actually the suit might be designed to slide but I don't think we go fast enough to slide in an off. I assume you have a full face helmet to protect that grill of yours.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

[quote="Jarec"]Thanks for the armor tips, WhiteNoise and also for your good will and good humor on this forum! I'll check out the tips.

And, Thank You for your kindness Jarec ;)