Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Clearances are correct. It's the timing that's a tooth off. I'm also pulling the cam to install the decompression lobe. I enjoy how easy the scoot starts normally so it will be a welcome "start" heh heh.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hello, mates!
How is your cam performing, Mgalutia88 ? Do you feel the income?

I am waiting for the parcel with the 190cc whole kit from RZracing, it will arrive day to day.. I feel nervous, don't know am I right to mess with modding.. :) Hope everything will go right and smooth..
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'm laying in bed right now thinking about going down to the basement to work on it. I'm loosing my mind not riding but I also have to say that it's been a heck of a last few weeks. We're still moving things over from our old house. Our new house is a family house so we are condensing things as we move in. I'm still working on the shop space as I have not brought the tool chests over yet or built my separating wall between my shop space and recreation room. I do enjoy having space to roll bikes through the back door and into air conditioned and heated work space.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Quick vid to show what 164cc means over proven powerfull Piaggio Leader 250 motor and a fully worked Malossi Racing 70 kit on the Aprilia SR50 scoot...It was a drag that just started behind the bend up the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw-EmK ... FBjsXrKmnA
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Today I did a first start of my new 190cc engine from RZRacing, everything runs smooth and fine! Full set of yuminashi intake parts, RZ long-stroke crankshaft, RZ nikasil cylinder, etc. Still can not ride my scooter, +1C and snow outside, so have time to sort out with the air filter box cutting, wire in the Kitaco I-map, and solve many of small fitment issues,and to fit all the lines perfectly. Hoping for just one warm day to have a test ride ! The winter is coming and anyway I will ride it just 7 months later :(
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Today I did a first start of my new 190cc engine from RZRacing, everything runs smooth and fine! Full set of yuminashi intake parts, RZ long-stroke crankshaft, RZ nikasil cylinder, etc. Still can not ride my scooter, +1C and snow outside, so have time to sort out with the air filter box cutting, wire in the Kitaco I-map, and solve many of small fitment issues,and to fit all the lines perfectly. Hoping for just one warm day to have a test ride ! The winter is coming and anyway I will ride it just 7 months later :(
Have you got PC adapter for I-map so you can edit mapping? If not...it's useless.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Yes I have! but I have no long harness kit, webike didnt have it for sale, so I will have to take off the front side plastic each time to have an access to imap port.
But! Roman said preloaded map3 will work just fine with this kit, so I will not have to mess with programming, just switch it to map3 and go.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Yes I have! but I have no long harness kit, webike didnt have it for sale, so I will have to take off the front side plastic each time to have an access to imap port.
But! Roman said preloaded map3 will work just fine with this kit, so I will not have to mess with programming, just switch it to map3 and go.
Interesting...have you installed bigger injector as well or are you still using a stock one?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I myself recently finished a long project. I got my takegawa cam installed with the decompression feature on it. It starts beautifully just as before. I was intent on doing it this way since I ride almost year round. I didn't want to get stuck somewhere with a low battery lol.

As for performance, the cam along with the ficon2 and silent sport exhaust works great. Only issue I have at this point is needing to retune the variator weights. I'm currently using 12g sliders and running up to 8800rpm before I get to highway speed. I'm thinking maybe 13-15g rollers to start my tuning.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:I myself recently finished a long project. I got my takegawa cam installed with the decompression feature on it. It starts beautifully just as before. I was intent on doing it this way since I ride almost year round. I didn't want to get stuck somewhere with a low battery lol.

As for performance, the cam along with the ficon2 and silent sport exhaust works great. Only issue I have at this point is needing to retune the variator weights. I'm currently using 12g sliders and running up to 8800rpm before I get to highway speed. I'm thinking maybe 13-15g rollers to start my tuning.
13g should just do it, max 13.5g.. Have you got a rear spring upgraded too? Advance pro has a great one and if you install that as well that will move your rpm up as well by some 500rpm..it's a really nice upgrade over stock spring.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Pcxdemon wrote: Interesting...have you installed bigger injector as well or are you still using a stock one?
Here is my spec list:

Yuminashi forged gear (optional)
Yuminashi 31mm Throttle body
Yuminashi 31mm Manifold
Keihin IAC Valve, custom, 2.7mm
Yuminashi Progressive Valve Springs
Yuminashi Speed control V2013
Yuminashi torque Spring
Gates Belt PCX 150
Honda PCX 150,custom Ceramic 62mm cylinder kit
Yuminashi Injector
Honda PCX Injector clamp
Honda custom crankshaft 61,9 stroke
DNA filter element
Yuminashi esp to 1st gen wire
Takegawa PCX150 camshaft (decomp installed)
Kitaco I-map
Kitaco I-map USB adapter
KOSO AF/R mini meter (for honda)

Yesterday I installed the I-map and KOSO AF/R gauge, tested, works great! Everything is ready for the first test ride! Only one issue - in is snow outside :( I wish I have just one warm day for the test ride.
To install the take cam decompressor, we used a $15 tool from nearest tool store , the smallest one, and did a job easily.

I-map connectors were new to me, and I decided to use a soldering-iron for sure, so it took whole day for installation and routing cables accurately.
And I broke one plastic clamp under the steering hub, tried to unclip it for 10 minutes, using a proper instrument, but it was broken.. Repaired with soldering-iron and a small metal netting.
Other plastics was taken off quite easily :) But my mind told me next time buy a naked bike :)

Yuminashi forged gear is not installed yet, I decided to check the acceleration and top speed first. I see there is no speed sensor in this kit, only 2 sprockets! Will it work right?
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (64.63 KiB) Viewed 426071 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (120.86 KiB) Viewed 426071 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (137.55 KiB) Viewed 426071 times
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Now I am thinking to polish the rear swingarm to mirror, buy ohlins rear shocks in Thailand, and some nice anodized parts to complete the look. Don't want to make a cristmass tree like mr. Max Tremo have :)
Everything should be clean and nice! :)
mr. Roman promices 19.5hp at the wheel and 0-100 time in 7.5 seconds, so I am very excited to try it. :)

what oil viscoucity is in the front forks from the factory?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Now I am thinking to polish the rear swingarm to mirror, buy ohlins rear shocks in Thailand, and some nice anodized parts to complete the look. Don't want to make a cristmass tree like mr. Max Tremo have :)
Everything should be clean and nice! :)
mr. Roman promices 19.5hp at the wheel and 0-100 time in 7.5 seconds, so I am very excited to try it. :)

what oil viscoucity is in the front forks from the factory?
I think you should pause on upgrading till you see it's going to run reliably first...just in case.
I know it's snowing and it's freezing outside but c'mon! Don't be a sissy...take it for a spin! :lol:
Fork oil wise, I can't remember really...it's listed in Pcx tech info...
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

For the contra spring I'm running the yuminashi rear spring. I will do a weight swap tomorrow after my ride to breakfast. We shall see what the difference in fuel economy is lol.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I installed back Takegawa vario, I'm always looking for something more somewhere, thinking I haven't tried this combo or I missed something with something...Anyway just before I installed Yuminashi kit, I had Takegawa 170cc kit, Takegawa and Daytona vario were tuned in so well, that they were even performance to 60mph (maybe Daytona had slight edge mid and top end response), where as before that when it was 125cc Daytona was always quicker by 1.5-2 seconds to 60mph...
Then I installed yuminashi kit and I remained pretty much with Daytona until few days ago. I thought I'll give it a try again ('cos I was bored and looking for something more and I had installed yuminashi inertia on the crank as well in the meantime..). I was interested with Clemence idea of shaving some of the material of the variator face where it meets with fixed pulley when at top speed and I always found that for Takegawa vario to work best was to install washer between .6mm to 1mm to eliminate any lag of the line. So I thought, by shaving a bit of that flat face bit(bottom of the vario) may also allow the belt to drop bit lower on takeoff thus improving the acceleration of the line, but also reduce the size of the washer needed to achieve the same thing and also hoping it would extend the top end even slightly more so..I weighted Daytona and Takegawa vario which I never did before and found that Daytona is heavier than Takegawa by nearly 100g more. That is a lot!! Which explains why it works so well especially upper end speed performance...obviously the Pcx really does benefit from added weight on the crank and it's inertia weight. I thought it be great idea now since I've added the inertia weight from yuminashi I could maybe benefit by using a lighter vario or even clutch bell. Don't have the bell yet (placed order from webike yesterday), as I've ordered Koso bell that's 200g lighter than stock or advancePro or malossi I got recently...but I have lighter vario and thought I must try it..in my mind I'm thinking heavier crank and it's positive inertia is a must and lighter things on drive side is great to release hp to the rear wheel..
Well, what can I say....I always said that Takegawa was good vario when set up right and boy did I like it when I took it for a ride. It's smooth, linear and when punching a throttle mid range it really moves the scooter quite rapidly. It was so impressive entering the highway that I was doing 120kmh on the speedo before just merging with traffic (which is a short on ramp by most standards around here and also my little testing track over the years, so I always know where I'm at with the modding of things) and it kept pulling past 130kmh while Daytona would taper off (Daytona would pull on centre stand 138kmh same as Takegawa,but on the road it would stop at 132kmh) and kept going up to 136kmh when it started to bounce of the limiter. Only because the sliders were slightly too light and 136kmh was a 4/5 of the throttle any more and it would bounce of the limiter otherwise more would have been seen on the speedo. How fast does it get to top speed? Well speedo doesn't really slow down, it just keeps going same pace till tops out, wind resistance almost doesn't bother it...
So,both great varios, different ,but give great results when tuned in perfectly.
Just keeps renewing my love for this little motor, goes way above its category....
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hello, pcx people!

just finished polishing the swingarm! Looks awesome in my opinion!
Still didn't try the new engine, it is hard snow ouside and I still can not find the proper 50mm intake pipe to complete the intake assemlby.
Will try to do a search in a truck/bus shops.. it seems that cars don't use that much big diameter pipes..

My vario is Yuminashi speed combo, I will check how it work and will try to use the Daytona vario to compare, it is not expensive just for test, will add it to a basket to my next webike purchase.
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (140.76 KiB) Viewed 426009 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (141.19 KiB) Viewed 426009 times
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Hello, pcx people!

just finished polishing the swingarm! Looks awesome in my opinion!
Still didn't try the new engine, it is hard snow ouside and I still can not find the proper 50mm intake pipe to complete the intake assemlby.
Will try to do a search in a truck/bus shops.. it seems that cars don't use that much big diameter pipes..

My vario is Yuminashi speed combo, I will check how it work and will try to use the Daytona vario to compare, it is not expensive just for test, will add it to a basket to my next webike purchase.
That looks good buddy,how did you get it done like that?
For the 50mm intake hose,just go and scour engine coolant hoses from the local car parts shop. You should be easily able to match it for size and the correct bends to fit in to the airbox. They will deff be longer but just cut length to fit (make sure you take with you the current connecting intake hose to match the bends for the new one..)
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

My car use 60 mm and in the moment is running a pod filter so I think you should not have problems with it.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hi all!

Finished with the pipe with this.
Looks shitty, 2-piece construction with some internal imperfections, but with a perfect shape. I have to add one more wide bracket in the middle for sure.
Just tired searching for this 50mm pipe around, may be later I will see it somewhere and cut :)

Heh, today I am planning to take the scooter back home, have to ride thru clouds of dirt, snow, ice, water,etc.. The temp outside is around zero.

To polish the swingarm you have to use the sandpapers with different grits, then polishing with pastes like dialux. Motocross people do polish the bike's frames, so they know how.
I did a engine head porting to fit Yuminashi intake manifold, and polished all the inner surfaces to a mirror too :)

So here was a tons of work with the bike, and I am highly excited to try it out!
Attachments
6.jpg
6.jpg (76.24 KiB) Viewed 425991 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

advanced skill set thread.... wow out of my league, but fun to read :)