tires

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

tires

Post by mikelx5 »

im not looking to modify the bike to make tires fit but can i do 120 on rear and 110 on front
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: tires

Post by kramnala58 »

mikelx5 wrote:im not looking to modify the bike to make tires fit but can i do 120 on rear and 110 on front
I don't know if you have a 2014/15 or the earlier model. A 120 will fit on the earlier model rear for sure. The 110 on the front will be good too. I have as large of a rear (140) and front (120) that will fit and there is next to no clearance but it works ... barely.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

ok thank ya
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

now you said no clearance do you rub at all
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

mikelx5 wrote:now you said no clearance do you rub at all
I was able to lift the rear inner mud/rain guard so there is enough clearance. I replaced my front fender with a custom one and when I took the stock one it has tire marks on it but that could have been from the previous tires (I bought my PCX used). I have not noticed rubbing and after about 1,100 kms (700 miles) the little rubber nipples are still on the tires, so if they are rubbing at any time, it must be very minor.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:
mikelx5 wrote:now you said no clearance do you rub at all
I was able to lift the rear inner mud/rain guard so there is enough clearance.
How useful is that little fender on the rear wheel, did you opt to not remove it because of access or is it actually keeping things protected from stones.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ Homie see my post under the "service" thread under general topics (just below this thread). Do you want the same stock size tires in City Grips? Go to that thread. Found! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:@ Homie see my post under the "service" thread under general topics (just below this thread). Do you want the same stock size tires in City Grips? Go to that thread. Found! :D
Thanks WN they have the rear but listing unavailable on the front 90/90/14, click on size. No problem I signed up for their notification e-mail and hopefully I hear from them someday. I wonder why this Michelin set is so elusive in America. This post is a FAIL because now all you guys are going to get in their mailing list :lol: or maybe that will help so do it and then they order a few. Yes lets give them demand! Please ask for the notification.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28 ... front-tire
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The rear 100/90-14 City Grip works well with the standard IRC front which can last in excess of 20,000 miles so I suspect there's no pressing need to get the City Grip front.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

gn2 wrote:The rear 100/90-14 City Grip works well with the standard IRC front which can last in excess of 20,000 miles so I suspect there's no pressing need to get the City Grip front.
True I have no pressing need for either. However that stock front IRC doesn't get much support from this forum and has been known to add a few to my crash survivor list on wet pavement ;) However the front IRC is a good looking tire and its small like I would prefer, noting even the 90/90-14 Michelin front adds bulk in all pictures I've seen in this forum.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, yeah, I knows that! All the bodies here can read it and get onboard. Like you said, more requesting may bring more availability. Good you're on their "E-list," that's a city step in the grip direction :D
As far as hunting? I've been looking for stock size city grips too. Gave up in 2013. I let it go. Now, with all the chatter again, I might change mine. So be patient lad all good things come to those who wait.......& wait, & wait! :? Sainthood, here we come! :lol:

Not to mention (but I am) :D I have me own Michelin problems right now. Have Ya Read? My Big Wheels Keep on Turning with scary stuff gone on.
WN say....Check all your tread, your life rides on 'em
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

homie wrote:that stock front IRC doesn't get much support from this forum
That's true, but doesn't alter the fact its a perfectly acceptable tyre.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

problem is i got the diablo which it on wearbars at 14k
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

100_2432.JPG
100_2429.JPG
Good grief! are you sure this is right? These are like balloon tires o_O no wonder you guys say smooth ride. Hard to believe these will fit. Make the IRC's look like training wheels.

MotorCycle SuperStore was a good suggestion, free shipping and on my door step in 24hrs. Also received some carbon fiber wrap to play with today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H89LBKO?psc ... uctDetails
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

I agree MCsuperstore is a great place for tires etc.
Those big tires will shrink after you get them on those tiny rims :lol:

Homie your valve adjust question...? just use a small screwdriver and a small wrench/crescent wrench,
unless you don't have a screwdriver slot use another tiny wrench/your fingers and a small wrench... 9mm end wrench I believe.
oh and of course a feeler gauge .004 intake and .009 exhaust (13 model anyway).
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

dasshreddar wrote:I agree MCsuperstore is a great place for tires etc.
Those big tires will shrink after you get them on those tiny rims :lol:

Homie your valve adjust question...? just use a small screwdriver and a small wrench/crescent wrench,
unless you don't have a screwdriver slot use another tiny wrench/your fingers and a small wrench... 9mm end wrench I believe.
oh and of course a feeler gauge .004 intake and .009 exhaust (13 model anyway).
DS, I was hoping to hear back from you. That tiny tool shown in the service manual for the actual valve adjustment... one does not need to own it ;) THANKS MAN!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Dumping the IRC's
There Ya went homie, you sized up. Feeling the love for the bigger City Grips. Good! You bought from motorcyclesuperstore! ;) They do right by their customers. Now let's see those "Balloon" tires mounted (by spring, I know.) ;) Making Shay yours. "Finishing Touches"
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Interested to hear your impressions Homie. This will definitely bump up your actual top speed (in favorable conditions) although your speedo will still redline at the same indicated speed.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Dumping the IRC's
There Ya went homie, you sized up. Feeling the love for the bigger City Grips. Good! You bought from motorcyclesuperstore! ;) They do right by their customers. Now let's see those "Balloon" tires mounted (by spring, I know.) ;) Making Shay yours. "Finishing Touches"
WN... I think I will hold on to the IRC's, nearly new thread is good for resale. Parts for upgrades and overdue service will continue to back up for the gnomes of winter.

Actually feeling confident and looking forward to all the details 8) Will she go faster? Yes! I'll see to that with help from the upper echelon mechanics here. Would I be wanting to do these mods if not for reading about them everyday? IDK, I never mod my cars and trucks :o there would seem to be influence driven by watching you guys and much to my surprise girls too.

FUN!!! is how I chose to see it, something new. I have a job in my basement of 15 years that satisfies any mechanical urges but its very clean and meticulous work that requires freakish attention to detail. This is going to be different... dirty, greasy, knuckle busting dirt under my fingernails manly man work :lol:

Probably get my azz handed to me when I try to change tires... but I will have tried! at least I will have done that.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

ScooterMan wrote:Interested to hear your impressions Homie. This will definitely bump up your actual top speed (in favorable conditions) although your speedo will still redline at the same indicated speed.
Going after your Variator/roller combination for the 2015PCX next ;)