Just received a recall notice.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

forzanator
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Just received a recall notice.

Post by forzanator »

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Just received a recall notice.

Post by homie »

more information about your location and what you purchased would be helpful here... please fill out your profile a little more when you get a chance.
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by yak »

Thanks for showing the letter. The fix should be fast and painless. If you had to guess.... how long do you think you will keep the Forza (years and miles)?
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

Your VIN is very very close to mine which is perhaps not surprising as we are both in Canada. I got my letter on Monday. Its booked in for next Tuesday when the forecast is back above zero/freezing. Then its most likely straight into hibernation unlike you BC folks who will still get out at times in the winter.
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

Got my letter yesterday too. My VIN last numbers are 30. Will probably wait for spring now. Early winter.....again!!!!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The service department at my dealer says they have the part but are backlogged on service for nearly a week. The weekend is supposed to be up to 55+ F both days here. :x PCX riding it will be. ;)
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

I got one too
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Mine arrived this morning :-(
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

Me too, UK, Cambridge, 2013 Forza
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

Good luck folks. No reason to expect anything except successful completion of the recall but as disclosed in many posts - this is not a quick fix recall so don't expect it to be 1 hour or so!
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Getting the pump was the slow part. Over four weeks. They changed it in about half a day.
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

My local dealer in Troy,Ohio said he has 5 pumps in stock ready to install. He also said you don't have to wait on a recall notice to have it done.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

pcx man wrote:My local dealer in Troy,Ohio said he has 5 pumps in stock ready to install. He also said you don't have to wait on a recall notice to have it done.
Thanks for the info!
With your personal endorsement for this dealer....I contacted the service desk today in Troy ....confirmed that they can/will do my Forza (since I did not purchase it there - but they seemd OK with that - and are willing to take over all my future servicing)
Now I need to get a weather window to ride it up there!
They said they will quote "3 hours" to do the replacement....and that there are food places I can hang out to kill 3 hours.
He said you own 6 scooters?!! !
Thanks again, I look for ward to dealing with these guys, Fish
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Wow 6 scooters? My Honda salesman only owns 3 scooters and 2 cycles and I consider him a collector.
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

Fish said.( He said you own 6 scooters?!!) Fish, I am down to 5 at this time. All Hondas. I have 2 Big Ruckus, 1 little Ruckus, 1 PCX and a 750 Shadow Spirit. At one time I had 13. Let me know when youbook your Forza and I will meet you at the dealer and we can hang out and talk bikes.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

pcx man wrote:Fish said.( He said you own 6 scooters?!!) Fish, I am down to 5 at this time. All Hondas. I have 2 Big Ruckus, 1 little Ruckus, 1 PCX and a 750 Shadow Spirit. At one time I had 13. Let me know when youbook your Forza and I will meet you at the dealer and we can hang out and talk bikes.
Thanks , Will do!
fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

pcx man wrote:My local dealer in Troy,Ohio said he has 5 pumps in stock ready to install. He also said you don't have to wait on a recall notice to have it done.
Called them today.....if weather does not cooperate...they can come pick up my Forza for a reasonable fee. I would trust them to haul my new scooter!
Fish
Bigboss242

Post by Bigboss242 »

I didn't even get a recall notice. Got a flat so had it all done at the same time.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Read every bike mag on the tables ....
Just passed hour #5 at the Honda power dealership.
Just happy they agreed to work me in, without an appointment for my fuel pump. Rained on my 30 mile ride in...but today looked the best in foreseeable weather. Will be raining on the ride home as well, hope it won't be dark. Not fun to ride unfamiliar roads in the rain and dark. Been here since 8:30am.
Soon might find myself getting pissed at Honda for this whole inconvenience.....probably not.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

fish wrote:Read every bike mag on the tables ....
Just passed hour #5 at the Honda power dealership.
Just happy they agreed to work me in, without an appointment for my fuel pump. Rained on my 30 mile ride in...but today looked the best in foreseeable weather. Will be raining on the ride home as well, hope it won't be dark. Not fun to ride unfamiliar roads in the rain and dark. Been here since 8:30am.
Soon might find myself getting pissed at Honda for this whole inconvenience.....probably not.
Fish
Of course as soon as I posted that....they came out to tell me my fuel pump replacement was finished.
Had some trouble with a panel, so rolled in a Forza off the show-room floor to scavenge the part - broke that one, too!
My new part is on 'priority back order'. I can swing by and pick it up in my car...due to cold weather....and install it myself. It is the removing that is tricky, not the installation.
Scoot ran fine before I took it in (2800 miles) ran the same after I picked it up and drove home in a cold rain for 30 miles.
Fish