Came off bike :(

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tom192
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Came off bike :(

Post by Tom192 »

Thanks for everyone's hints and tips :)

Bike has Michelin city grips front and rear, rears done 10k fronts quite new actually only about 1.5k on it, maybe this didn't help.

I got the bike about 18 months since did ride up to December last year and then paused until march before I restarted on the bike.

Ribs are still very sore and I've now hurt my back, working in retail I havent been able to take it easy this week with Christmas so I think I've made myself worse! 3 days off now :)
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Came off bike :(

Post by Valiant »

I sincerely doubt the front tire being new would have any negative impact on the front wheel locking up and sliding. Best thing to do might be to find a somewhat empty backroad and practice HARD braking without grabbing your brakes at full strength. I typically do this once or twice on my usual laps at the stop sign(and I make sure there isn't a car behind me first). Because the best case scenario would be that you managed to stop without sliding either tire, but the forward momentum flips you forward with the scooter on top of you anyway.

In a panic situation, your reaction generally follows your habits. In a few situations where I needed to stop fast(maybe 5 times in 2 months), I made excellent stopping distance by squeezing both brakes firmly and quickly. No sliding, no screeching, no drama(other than the idiot jaywalkers, and the guy pulling out of street parking without signaling).