Mobius vs. Go Pro? - Helmet or Bike Mount?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Mobius vs. Go Pro? - Helmet or Bike Mount?

Post by DAB »

SECoda wrote:Here is a one of ten clips from today's ride. First time using the camera chest mount and it was pointed a bit high. :oops: It gets a bit lower about 1.15 into it when I noticed it up. I ended up doing about 63 miles by the end of the day.

As always set it to 1080P and watching on mobile is useless.
http://youtu.be/JLNGVOBZXGw
I do like a blue sky :) , not something we get too often in the UK :cry:
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I uploaded the same video clip before stabilization. The perimeter is back then making the camera angle look better. It is acceptable with the chest mount? The stabilization software seems to eliminate enough data to minimize Youtube from pixelating so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iS__zq ... e=youtu.be
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

I'm still playing around with the mount and I've now used a clamp mount on the handlebars which is then mounted to those vibration reducing things used for drones then attached to the GoPro but what I'm finding is that the camera has eliminated the idle vibrations but it bounces like a yoyo on bumps whilst on the move.

Ideally I'd like to move it to somewhere on the plastics but I'd want to remove the vibration absorbing plate if I'm not using the camera.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Been there done that. Try a chest mount.
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

Been there, done that. Not a fan of having potential camera become a hook rather than letting me slide in an accident.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I can get things pretty good using the stabilization software (good stuff - not YT's) with a handlebar mount but it takes away some of the edges of the picture to stabilize it so one needs to start with as wide angle as possible. It's hard to beat the human body for dampening the shakes.

The Mobius cameras (very small compared to a Go Pro in a case) and mounts we are using are so thin and made of plastic that they will fold up/break away with very little pressure.