The long doldrums of winter. not good for scootering

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

The long doldrums of winter. not good for scootering

Post by happyscooter »

doesnt it seem like winter hangs around like a bad houseguest while spring summer and fall zoom by like it only lasts a few weeks? here in nashville a typical "gonna be nice weather day" 50+ degrees today but not right now its 28.....gotta go to work today and was gonna ride the scoot but woke up to this! grrrrrr
Attachments
bleh.jpg
bleh.jpg (495.17 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: The long doldrums of winter. not good for scootering

Post by Steph »

Your poor scoot out in the cold. :(
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Or....Image
Fish
dog64bull
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by dog64bull »

happyscooter wrote:doesnt it seem like winter hangs around like a bad houseguest while spring summer and fall zoom by like it only lasts a few weeks? here in nashville a typical "gonna be nice weather day" 50+ degrees today but not right now its 28.....gotta go to work today and was gonna ride the scoot but woke up to this! grrrrrr

Will that snow harm your scooter?
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

i dont think it will harm it i wax the heck out of my scooter with duragloss its amazing and keeps it new looking. and it keeps water beading on it. wish i had a garage or little shed for my scoot but its always out there. I got my eyes on a forza 300 so when i get one ill likely sell my pcx :P the weather is so cruddy here all the time....long winters or rains all the time that i only got 6000 miles on my pcx after having it for 3 years. I can drive in rain and stuff but im overly careful and dont want to wreck so i usually only drive it when theres zero rain and good weather.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@fish - your little scoot is the coolest thing! Love the blue top box! It is just perfect for the scoot. Where did you find a blue top box, did it came with it?
dog64bull
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dog64bull »

happyscooter wrote:i dont think it will harm it i wax the heck out of my scooter with duragloss its amazing and keeps it new looking. and it keeps water beading on it.
How do you use that duragloss to wax your scooter? I plan on getting me some and I dont want to mess anything up.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Steph wrote:@fish - your little scoot is the coolest thing! Love the blue top box! It is just perfect for the scoot. Where did you find a blue top box, did it came with it?
Yes these Like200i's all come with a color matched top case......worked fine for my purposes, but I commute in the dark to work each day, rain or shine, so I installed a Bestem 929 lighted case for added safety in city traffic. I actually like its lighting better than any other case I've seen (wrap around string of running lights w/brake Iights, too...only missing extra turning lights)
Hundreds cheaper than shads or givis & no extra mount plate or light kit to buy. I'm no bike electrician but found the installation pretty easy.
Fish
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

dog64bull wrote:
happyscooter wrote:i dont think it will harm it i wax the heck out of my scooter with duragloss its amazing and keeps it new looking. and it keeps water beading on it.
How do you use that duragloss to wax your scooter? I plan on getting me some and I dont want to mess anything up.

i just put a little bit on a paper towel and rub it in on all the red plastic just hand buff it till clear. repeat that til youve done all the red plastic. very easy and simple and it makes the paint look like liquid and new. highly recommend everyone do it!
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Winter? It's in the 70s here. BTW, put a cover on that poor scoot; I can see it shivering.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
dog64bull
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dog64bull »

i just put a little bit on a paper towel and rub it in on all the red plastic just hand buff it till clear. repeat that til youve done all the red plastic. very easy and simple and it makes the paint look like liquid and new. highly recommend everyone do it![/quote]

could you post the product you use? I want the get the exact same one lol
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

i dont have the box to mine i threw it away and its just a bottle that came in the box full of wax but heres a pic i found googling it. this is exactly what i bought. i added the arrows, its the red box. i bought mine at napa auto parts. and tomorrow ill take a pic of my scooter up close so you can see how good it makes your scoot look. (its dark right now cant take a pic)
Attachments
duragloss.jpg
duragloss.jpg (118.3 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

4" of the stuff that's headed for the E Coast last night....so got 'em out to run awhile.
Might be time to change the oil in the Honda - and check the valves & oil change in the Kymco(@45 min project in the garage for the 2 - if I'm goofing off and having coffee. No heat in there - but no wind either.)Passed 3000 miles on the Honda - might think about spinning in a new NGK. FYI - I love how the Honda wax/cleaner works, looks & feels on both my scoots.
Fish
hang in there east coasters. We're thinking about you.Image

happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

dude that forza is a beauty. i want one!
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

I'm dreaming of spring!