Buying a 2015 pcx150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

tHa_nEw-gUy
Year: 2015
Color: black

Re: Buying a 2015 pcx150

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

WhiteNoise wrote:
tHa_nEw-gUy wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Calling out to "the _ new-guy" (spelled something like that)...
Where are ya fella? Did you get your scoot?
Please come Back n tell us! :roll: :P :P
Hey! Yeah purchased a scooter but i went with SYM HD200 evo instead! $3700 OTD. Honda dealers want $4300 and above!
Ah really? Okay, I guess you figured it all out. It's about and for you after all ;)
Congrats on your New scoot! I'd love to see a picture of it. Would you mind sharing one before you leave us :( for a Sym forum?
Sure thing, it should arrive on Friday or next Tuesday at the latest, I'll then post a picture or two! Thanks for checking on me!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sure! ;)
It's gonna be one heck of a happy day for you! I knows the feeling!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

WhiteNoise wrote:Sure! ;)
Am already very excited! Its even a lil embarrassing... Is it normal that am afraid it might get stolen? What prevention methods/security do you have on?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

tHa_nEw-gUy wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Sure! ;)
Am already very excited! Its even a lil embarrassing... Is it normal that am afraid it might get stolen? What prevention methods/security do you have on?
Yes, it's normal to be afraid of theft, particularly in dense urban areas.

Where will you park the thing? Will it be inside a locked garage or sitting out on the street?

My security measures are:
-Two 13mm thick hardened security chains(UK made) locked with shrouded padlocks(also made in the UK).
-Audible alarm with shock/tilt sensor with cell tower tracking(T-mobile, so technically not GPS)
-Locking cover.

My PCX is parked in an open lot fairly close to town, which means anyone can walk/drive in. I also use it to commute to my college campus, but I'm less concerned about theft there thanks to all the shiny Ducati's parked next to it :D .
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

"Would you mind sharing one before you leave us for a Sym forum?"

Guess "tHa_nEw-gUy" is now the "nEwLY_gOnE-gUy." I'd have paid the extra few hundred bucks to get a Honda.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

tHa_nEw-gUy wrote:Am already very excited! Its even a lil embarrassing... Is it normal that am afraid it might get stolen? What prevention methods/security do you have on?
Theft/comprehensive insurance. Also the wheel lock feature almost all scooters and motorcycles have will alone deter a casual thief. One or tow way alarm system, alarmed chain, GPS, But determined thief with an angle grinder will steal any bike no matter what you throw at it. Just pay the insurance deductible, get a pay out, and move on.

Can't wait to see your HD200. i'm still fond of the look with those 16" wheels. Plus that single 55/60W H4 bulb headlight is a perfect candidate for an bi-xenon HID retrofit from The Retrofit Source.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

You might want to shop around a bit more for a better price. I got my new 2015 PCX150 in Columbia, SC for $ 3,595 OTD. I also bought a 5 year warranty,
which bumped the OTD price to $ 3,870.

If there are other Honda dealers in your region, you could simply e-mail several of them and ask for their BEST OTD price.

Johnny
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

jblye wrote:You might want to shop around a bit more for a better price. I got my new 2015 PCX150 in Columbia, SC for $ 3,595 OTD. I also bought a 5 year warranty,
which bumped the OTD price to $ 3,870.

If there are other Honda dealers in your region, you could simply e-mail several of them and ask for their BEST OTD price.

Johnny

OP said he already bought the other one.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

Bash On! wrote:"Would you mind sharing one before you leave us for a Sym forum?"

Guess "tHa_nEw-gUy" is now the "nEwLY_gOnE-gUy." I'd have paid the extra few hundred bucks to get a Honda.
Hahahahahaha good one! Actually SYM cost a lil more than the pcx150! I've been to 4 Honda dealers some of them are as far as 75 miles away! The cheapest quote I got was $4450 OTD! Thats just ridiculous IMO. Not saying either SYM or PCX is better but they're both very reliable. SYM is a bit on the quicker side from a dead stop and offers more HP due to the bigger the bigger engine! Ill post a pic as soon as I get the bike! Hopefully Friday but Tuesday at the latest...
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

Thanks guys for all your inputs! Does anyone have any experience with the Xena or abus disk lock? I see the abus cost a bit more but is it worth the extra few bucks, someone disk lock owners are saying the alarm triggers randomly at times without anyone touching it! What do you guys think! I know I don't belong to this forum but y'all very helpful...
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

I went with Abus, being german made. It it the top of the line disk lock. Just love it, no false alarms, visual deterant, and simple to use.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

I believe the alarm sensitivity can be "tweaked" depending on whether you put it on the top or the bottom of the rotor. I believe both would do equally well, as the only pragmatic way to get around it is to simply pop off the whole tire. It's not something you would cut/pry/grind off without the risk of permanently damaging the tire or disk rotor. Needless to say, nobody's moving it without a truck.

The alarm obviously will go off more frequently with a cover flapping around, so you can take that into consideration. Other than that, if it goes off by itself, that's usually a low battery indicator.
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

MikeP wrote:I went with Abus, being german made. It it the top of the line disk lock. Just love it, no false alarms, visual deterant, and simple to use.
Which one did u go for?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

I've got the 6mm alarm Xena disc lock but so far not used it - just carry it around if I ever park other than home (PCX chained to car tow bar!) or under ground at work. It seems 6mm steel is easy to cut with a large cropper so thieves may spot the bike and come back (cropper can be hidden under large cost). A thicker disc lock would be better, but would need to go through larger holes than the 6mm circular cut-outs).
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Okay, maybe someone can explain this to me:
Considering how it's attached to the disc rotor, is there even enough of a gap to fit the bolt cutter blades in there to cut it?
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

tHa_nEw-gUy wrote:
MikeP wrote:I went with Abus, being german made. It it the top of the line disk lock. Just love it, no false alarms, visual deterant, and simple to use.
Which one did u go for?

I went with the Abus Detecto 7000 RS1. When the battery gets low there is a visual indicator at time of arming the lock. Also fits tight enough to resist bolt cutters. The alarm function is nice in that it "reminds" :D you to remove it before riding. Eliminates the need for a reminder tether to the handle bar that some people use.
Attachments
photo (577x1024).jpg
photo (577x1024).jpg (161.09 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

SYM in the houuuuuuse! with less than a mile on the ODO. so excited, ill snap some pics in the AM
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

MikeP wrote:
tHa_nEw-gUy wrote:
Which one did u go for?

I went with the Abus Detecto 7000 RS1. When the battery gets low there is a visual indicator at time of arming the lock. Also fits tight enough to resist bolt cutters. The alarm function is nice in that it "reminds" :D you to remove it before riding. Eliminates the need for a reminder tether to the handle bar that some people use.
nice disk lock, but i went with this one instead!!! http://goo.gl/Y17aAe
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

Guys its not letting me upload pictures! This screen shot work fine, its giving this red ink error message on top!! Am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-02-07-09-46-54.png
Screenshot_2015-02-07-09-46-54.png (294.57 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Yep - image is too large and needs to be re-sized to the limit they put in the message. You can use any number of free programs to do it like Paint.net or use something like Photobucket which will resize it as well. The other option is to kick down the resolution on your camera which is saving all pictures in very high resolution that is really a waste of space most of the time.