My life's work....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

My life's work....

Post by homie »

Homie has done the same business for nearly 20 years out of his basement o_O this will explain a lot for some of you who think me crazy. It was something I thought to do because I just wouldn't work for the man. It has served me well to this day and as I look back through my records I wonder where all the money went :lol: There are still things you can dream up that nobody else cares to do, things that are clean, healthy and clear of conscious and harm no one in no way. I have to say I will do this work until I rapture out, no retirement for Homie because idle hands are... well you know what they are. Besides I love my work and especially the time alone with my guns and Bible ROFL. Jesus will provide even for loners if they will just believe, just like he does for the birds in the sky.

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: My life's work....

Post by Steph »

That is an awesome gig you got there Homie! :D Do you provide this service mainly for residential or are you a contractor for a window treatment company?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I know how to make a Venetian blind...
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:That is an awesome gig you got there Homie! :D Do you provide this service mainly for residential or are you a contractor for a window treatment company?
http://www.precisioncutdown.com

Yes it's a nitch that pays the bills and this example a monkey could do but an 8 minute C-note given this guy had 20 units makes for a busy day. I advertise nationally to retailers, decorators and contractors for their mis-measures. I don't really advertise to the general public other than my website because if everyone knew they could move several thousand dollars in used window treatments I would be swamped and never have time to ride a scooter.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, what happened to your video? I'm disappointed. Wanted to watch. Now you removed it? :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@Homie - would not want anything to get in the way of riding!
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

you you wrote:I know how to make a Venetian blind...
Me too. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

wingz wrote:
:D much the same as making a Maltese cross
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:
wingz wrote:
:D much the same as making a Maltese cross
Or a Belgian waffle :roll:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mexican wave? :oops:
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Thanks for sharing homie. You are an inspiration.
I am in bit of a quandary. Just been laid off after 20 years with the same company. I have a family of 4 to provide for. Now I am 44 and have to re-invent myself to move forward. Scared half to death and not sure what to go into. Everything I have done revolves around C-store and gas sales. I really believed I would retire doing this kind of work! When I wanted to......

It's inspirational what you do and the fact it does not violate any of Gods laws.
One thing this event has taught me. At the end of the day, Its the people we meet and the lives we touch that is the most important. Life is about relationships.

Now I search for a new career. Scared as hell, but it seems to me corporate downsizing is a way of the future. I should have seen the signs. I have my health, family and some of my good looks, so I will press on.

Thank God I have my two wheeled therapist. When the going gets tough, ride baby ride...... :|
Thanks for listening.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Sorry about your news Mike...thats really tough...I hope (and am sure) that everything will work out for you..No wish to sound trivial but it may be fate and you end up better as a result doing something you would never have moved jobs to do......That has happened to a few of my friends and to myself many years ago..anyway good luck in the coming months...
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

I pray I will be so joyful when I am tested. Thanks Mike!
MikeP wrote:Thanks for sharing homie. You are an inspiration.
I am in bit of a quandary. Just been laid off after 20 years with the same company. I have a family of 4 to provide for. Now I am 44 and have to re-invent myself to move forward. Scared half to death and not sure what to go into. Everything I have done revolves around C-store and gas sales. I really believed I would retire doing this kind of work! When I wanted to......

It's inspirational what you do and the fact it does not violate any of Gods laws.
One thing this event has taught me. At the end of the day, Its the people we meet and the lives we touch that is the most important. Life is about relationships.

Now I search for a new career. Scared as hell, but it seems to me corporate downsizing is a way of the future. I should have seen the signs. I have my health, family and some of my good looks, so I will press on.

Thank God I have my two wheeled therapist. When the going gets tough, ride baby ride...... :|
Thanks for listening.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Sorry to hear that Mike. You will find something. Just hang in there. I went through it about 25 years ago now at 32 years old with two very small children. I remember I owned a jet ski back then and went riding a lot on the river.

So Homie - what is it you do? :P I made so many videos with that Mobius (over a hundred) I finally deleted a bunch of them and a few I didn't intend to.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MikeP wrote:Thanks for sharing homie. You are an inspiration.

Thanks for listening.

Made redundant when I was 50. Best thing ever although it didn't quite seem it at the time...

What is a C store?
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
You You -- a C Store is an acronim for convienience store. Basically a gas station with a convienience store attached.
Today it is all done. I have sold all of my assets to another individual who will continue to operate 5 locations. I ran 2 during my career. The sad part is he will be lucky to make as much as I did with two.

Tomorrow I go for the "long ride" to figure out what to grow into for a future career. Officially unemployed.

Kind of funny: Tomorrow is the first time I don't have to worry about a gas price survey. Tonight is the first time in YEARS that I can shut off my phone!

I am so thankful to be free. I know I will find something more in line with my values and interest. And, if I can't find it, I will create it.

I realy feel like I have been given a new chance at life. Its not what happens to us, it is how we react to what happens to us that determines our future course. Man am I getting excited. :D
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MikeP wrote:Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
You You -- a C Store is an acronim for convienience store. Basically a gas station with a convienience store attached.
Today it is all done. I have sold all of my assets to another individual who will continue to operate 5 locations. I ran 2 during my career. The sad part is he will be lucky to make as much as I did with two.

Tomorrow I go for the "long ride" to figure out what to grow into for a future career. Officially unemployed.

Kind of funny: Tomorrow is the first time I don't have to worry about a gas price survey. Tonight is the first time in YEARS that I can shut off my phone!

I am so thankful to be free. I know I will find something more in line with my values and interest. And, if I can't find it, I will create it.

I realy feel like I have been given a new chance at life. Its not what happens to us, it is how we react to what happens to us that determines our future course. Man am I getting excited. :D
Good luck to you