Scooters are COOL

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Scooters are COOL

Post by forza300 »

I happened across this article and it pretty much sums up why I love scooters, possibly even more than manual bikes these days for the day to day riding, short trips, heck even long trips. Anyway, shared below....

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/scoo ... e-say.html

8)
------------------------
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Scooters are COOL

Post by forza300 »

I forgot to add... it has a few words (and a piccie) regarding the PCX150 :)
------------------------
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Thanks for the article link forza300. a friend of mine bugs me all the time about my "motor bike" so I sent him the article. Truth is Scooters are Easyboy recliners with an engine. Especially if you have an Airhawk seat pad. I cant wait to do my 2000k tour this spring. :D
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

"Good as it Gets"..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

Scooters also offer an advantage to people with disabilities. I busted my leg{shattered would be a better descriptor} a couple of years ago and have some disability in it. It is almost impossible for me to get my leg over a gas tank and shifting is difficult and even somewhat painful. A scooter solves those problems. In fact when my doctor released me to start walking again I asked about riding. He said "no" until I explained about my scooter{then a Zuma} and that it wouldn't hinder my leg. He agreed as long as I used my right foot when at stops, keeping my left on the deck. The only thing that is a problem for my leg now is backing up an incline, that hurts my leg a little bit. I know of some other guys who had to switch to scoots because of leg/back problems. So for some of us they allow us to ride when a traditional motorcycle wouldn't.
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

speedandstyle wrote:Scooters also offer an advantage to people with disabilities. I busted my leg{shattered would be a better descriptor} a couple of years ago and have some disability in it. It is almost impossible for me to get my leg over a gas tank and shifting is difficult and even somewhat painful. A scooter solves those problems. In fact when my doctor released me to start walking again I asked about riding. He said "no" until I explained about my scooter{then a Zuma} and that it wouldn't hinder my leg. He agreed as long as I used my right foot when at stops, keeping my left on the deck. The only thing that is a problem for my leg now is backing up an incline, that hurts my leg a little bit. I know of some other guys who had to switch to scoots because of leg/back problems. So for some of us they allow us to ride when a traditional motorcycle wouldn't.
Yet another great reason for chosing a scooter. Great to hear it's given you mobility on two wheels again!
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

+1 to that! Cheers, and ride safely :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

speedandstyle wrote:Scooters also offer an advantage to people with disabilities. I busted my leg{shattered would be a better descriptor} a couple of years ago and have some disability in it. It is almost impossible for me to get my leg over a gas tank and shifting is difficult and even somewhat painful. A scooter solves those problems. In fact when my doctor released me to start walking again I asked about riding. He said "no" until I explained about my scooter{then a Zuma} and that it wouldn't hinder my leg. He agreed as long as I used my right foot when at stops, keeping my left on the deck. The only thing that is a problem for my leg now is backing up an incline, that hurts my leg a little bit. I know of some other guys who had to switch to scoots because of leg/back problems. So for some of us they allow us to ride when a traditional motorcycle wouldn't.
I know what you mean. I have suffered painful episodes of gout for the last four years, which would sometimes have me on crutches and unable to drive a manual transmission car or with my latest episode a few weeks ago, any car at all. But scootering is so easy.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

dkazzed wrote:
I know what you mean. I have suffered painful episodes of gout for the last four years, which would sometimes have me on crutches and unable to drive a manual transmission car or with my latest episode a few weeks ago, any car at all. But scootering is so easy.
My dad suffers from gout attacks and it sometimes cripples him up. So I can feel for you a little bit.

I have found that my leg can get uncomfortable in many cars/trucks. Too low or too high will get me, also uneven floors or seats too close. But riding my old Zuma and now my Burgman is fine. I hope that will remain true on the Forza. Wish the local dealer would get one in so I can test fit it. If my leg doesn't fit that would be a deal killer. Until then I will keep saving up.