Comparison

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Comparison

Post by gn2 »

Have you tried adjusting the light beam angle with the screw under the nose?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Hi gn2, long time no hear! No, I've not tried that but thanks for the tip - I will give it a go. However, that won't resolve the wide seat issue!!!

Best

Toria
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The seat isn't too wide, your arse is too narrow! :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Wab
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Wab »

Hi, I find the headlight on the 2015 pcx excellent! Really wide beam and just altogether better vision than the conventional lights. I ride a lot at night due to shift working so it's very important for me.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

I wish gn2!
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

Per the 2015 owners manual , breakin is 300 miles , if that matters to you ?.
I'm also going to check the alignment of the headlight on my 2015 pcx , I didn't find the lighting impressive at all during an evening ride . My 2009 TW200 has better light out put.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Styling is a funny thing. I think the human brain just gets used to one look, so a new look is "good" or "bad" depending on whether you are the type of person who likes change or the type who is change averse.

For instance, if the 2015 style had come out first, then Honda changed to the '13 style, we all would have been ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the new '13 look, or griping that we liked the old way, depending on our brains.

There are, in my opinion, two - possibly three, changes in '15 that are worth a darn. First is the hump free seat. Second is the larger fuel tank. The LED lighting comes in a far distant third to me, due to the fact that I find the '13 lighting to be more than adequate, but I understand LED lights are all the rage these days aesthetically. Automakers lately have had great success taking a tired design and slapping a strip of LED DRL's on the front for the new year's updated look.

The seat can be fixed for near no cost on one's own, so not a big deal.

The fuel tank is another matter. I would love to have a larger tank. Thus, in the end, it is the larger fuel tank and fuel tank alone that makes my heart a dark, seething ball of jealousy, full of repressed rage and bitterness.

lol
'88 BMW R100RT
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Two 4.8W LEDs in the 2014-15 PCX 150 are going to put out light roughly similar to two 35W halogen bulbs, maybe 10 or 20 extra lumens but nothing to write home about. This was a fuel consumption reduction move, not an extra safety move.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Don't forget the clock.....
adrianwo
Year: 2014
Color: matt grey

Post by adrianwo »

In my opinion the new LED lighs are by far better than the previous pcx halogen ones. I have compared my pcx (2014) with my dad one (2012) and in low beam they may not be brighter, but they feel more sharp. Maybe it is because LEDs are almost monochromatic ore maybe it is because of te colour temperature, which is more or less 6400k (neutral white), but they are better. In high beam, the difference between them is even wider, as the new model keeps the low beam lights on when you are in high beam. The previous model just shifted and pointed a bit higher, so there was not an increase in the brightness.
If you also consider that it is almost impossible for LED lights to die in the life spam of a pcx, and that the power consuption is MUCH lower than halogen ones, which is crucial for the idle stop system... Gas consumption is also better in part thanks to these lights.