Things I love about my PCX!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

FromMototoScooter
Year: 2015
Color: White

Things I love about my PCX!

Post by FromMototoScooter »

I have a 2015 model, this is my first scooter, but this is my 7th two-wheeled motor. These are four things that I get googly eyed over for my PCX..

- integrated turn signals, love the look, feels cohesive
- power adapter built in( before I had wire routed to battery) amazing, why don't all bikes have this?
- underseat storage for groceries and whatnots
- looks like an Apple product designed by Jony Ive ( apple nerd )

What makes your heart go thump thump over your PCX? Jump in...!
luizao
Color: white

Re: Things I love about my PCX!

Post by luizao »

Hey:

I love that with the new humpless seat I can scoot (badum-tss) all the way back to where the passenger would sit. I'm 194 cm (6'4" ish) tall and was a little concerned about the dimensions of the bike as people were saying that it is not the most suitable bike for tall people. This way I can ride super comfortably (the position is kinda like how you ride a chopper, I guess). Also, it makes me feel like I'm more in control of the bike.
The problem, obviously, would come when riding with a passenger, which in my case won't happen very often.

I find it interesting that you are you so excited about the power outlet, as I don't see myself using it very often. I guess it comes handy if you need a GPS, but I would only use it to charge my phone. And in the 10 minutes it takes me to get to work from home, my phone wouldn't get much charge.
mrdtrotter
Color: black

Post by mrdtrotter »

Idle stop, going silent at the lights does draw some odd looks. Agree with the under seat storage. The LED head lights help what is really a small bike look a bit more dominating on the road. Quiet starting, reliable Honda build quality, the list goes on really.

Not so good include, I find the signal switch a bit sticky, might free off over time though, also miss a louder relay to remind me to turn them off, yes I know there are big old flashing lights on the dash, they're not the same though. The side stand is 10mm too short in my opinion and leans the bike too far, although the rear stand is by far the easiest I have owned, even the wife doesn't struggle. No where to put a water bottle (glove box maybe?) I have managed to find an itsy bitsy one that will fit where the 12v socket is, talking of which, why not leave a cable tidy in the cover to hook it to the sat nav, it's alright if you want to leave what you're charging hidden in the compartment but what about dash mounted sat navs and phones? All in all a great bike for a reasonable price.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I love that my 2013 PCX is faster than the 2015 PCX's. :lol: I just had to do that since you were mentioning new 2015 features. :P I had to add the clock and power outlet and a different seat. :roll:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

tbln930 wrote:I love that my 2013 PCX is faster than the 2015 PCX's. :lol: I just had to do that since you were mentioning new 2015 features. :P I had to add the clock and power outlet and a different seat. :roll:
What happen to SECoda?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I had to change my email in a big hurry (while on the phone with AT&T support on an issue that turned out to be their router :x ) and the attempt locked and in-activated my logon on this forum so I just created another while still on the phone. I was in a hurry updating about a dozen places where my old email was. Nothing malicious but a pain in the butt. I just got back to setting my profile up again here. :P I need to have Maddiedog transfer my cool badges. :)
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have 2013 versions but love them just as much as those who have 2015 versions. I installed a 12 volt outlet on mine, which comes in handy for multiple things, including recharging my tablet. I have tall windshields on both scooters, as well as custom seats and Givi tailboxes. We can go just about anywhere on them. I also added a cup holder on both that hold the big gulp size cups easily enough, so we can drink while riding if we use straws. The scooter is so versatile! I bought adjustable shocks to make the ride even better, so riding them is a joy. I would love it if they just a little more power, but otherwise, they are perfect.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

mrdtrotter wrote:No where to put a water bottle (glove box maybe?) I have managed to find an itsy bitsy one that will fit where the 12v socket is
Yep, that'll work in your 2015 glove box :P Here's a 16.9 oz bottle of Dasani Water in mine and the door shuts without interference. Cool!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (46.47 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
FromMototoScooter

Post by FromMototoScooter »

luizao wrote:
I find it interesting that you are you so excited about the power outlet, as I don't see myself using it very often. I guess it comes handy if you need a GPS, but I would only use it to charge my phone. And in the 10 minutes it takes me to get to work from home, my phone wouldn't get much charge.
Yeah, my friends give me a weird look when I rave about the outlet too. For me, it's going to be absolutely crucial for long day trips and camping this summer. It'll keep my iPhone charged, which I use for navigation and keeping in touch, and secondly it's going to inflate a thermarest sleeping pad every night. And also, it's just so wonderfully practical! I've never had one included, so it just tickles me a great deal. Every new car has one, I can't see why every bike can't come with one.

I forgot to mention above that the automatic transmission is nothing to sneeze at either - another first for me, can't believe I left it out. :D
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

FromMototoScooter wrote: I forgot to mention above that the automatic transmission is nothing to sneeze at either - another first for me, can't believe I left it out. :D
All scooters have automatic transmission, so I'm not sure that's a unique feature.

For me, I like the maxi-scooter design that sets it apart from other scooters/mopeds. Some insist the design isn't aerodynamic, but it certainly looks more aerodynamic than a standard vespa or a cruiser where the wind isn't directed away from your body at all.

As well, aftermarket parts are pretty abundant(for a scooter anyway).
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

mrdtrotter wrote:The side stand is 10mm too short in my opinion and leans the bike too far, although the rear stand is by far the easiest I have owned, even the wife doesn't struggle.
I agree with that, I'd prefer the bike to not lean so far over but I see many super-bikes lean right over on the centre stand, so I assume it's for safety to make sure the bike it a bit more topple-proof? (winds, people passing by and knocking it). So far not used the start-stop or 12v outlet, even though I wanted the 12v outlet before purchase. Sat-navs may lose charge quickly but you can do all that on a mobile phone these days and they store a day or more charge so not an issue (Nav-Free and other apps do not need data, just use free GPS).
I can't fit either of my L size helmets under the seat due to the raised inner hump and under-seat dip just being about 1cm too small for them to fit, depth wise. Be nice to add just a little more free-depth inside the seat area, as many cannot fit their helmets inside.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

That's the one thing I wish I had on my 2014 PCX is the charger in the glove box. Other then that, I'm like my scooter.

@ SECoda - glad to hear that you'll be getting your original name back!
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Steph wrote:That's the one thing I wish I had on my 2014 PCX is the charger in the glove box.
Steph, super easy and cheap to add a charger to your pre '15 PCX.

1. Connect this to your battery. You can drill a small hole in the stock battery compartment lid to pass the cord through:

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-08 ... er+adapter

2. Plug this into the adapter you just installed:

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-08 ... er+adapter

You now have an underseat charger for phone, etc, anything that powers via a standard car cig lighter.

Alternately, if you want it in your little glovebox in the dash, you just run the cord there from the battery instead of just leaving it under the seat. This takes a bit of patience to route the cord up there as you have to route it under body panels, but can be done. I actually prefer it under the seat since I have more room for a variety of devices there, and it's secure when you leave the scooter, since it's locked.

The other bonus is that you now have a quick connect fitting for a battery tender. This is one of the best on the market in my opinion:

http://www.amazon.com/TM-141DUAL-OptiMa ... r+optimate
'88 BMW R100RT
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

'88 BMW R100RT