ouch times 3

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

rich666
Regular User
Regular User

ouch times 3

Post by rich666 »

I've been away a while after a series of misfortunes.
Firstly: I managed to up end my mountain Bike at speed whilst Freeriding on a black run, in the process managing to go off the trail and falling 20 feet down through rock strewn irrigation trough. Half way down me and the bike parted company and I slid into some gorse (it took the nurse nearly 2 hours to get all of the thorns out of me - and it bloody hurt) plus I managed to dislocate my right ankle :(
I thought I'd got off lightly until I saw my bike - the poor thing is now in 2 pieces, I've been told no riding of any sort for at least a further 4 weeks until the physio declares me fit enough.
Then I had an issue with my 4ft tropical fish tank deciding it didn't like holding water anymore, ten seconds later 160litres of water were all over the floor, my poor fish were dead, the elctric went off, water went through the floor and into the living room below! the net result was over £1000 pounds worth of damage plus my 3 month old laptop was dead :( :cry:
So if you add this to the fact my PCX was stolen at Easter - I think my 3 bits of bad luck are well and truly over. So if anything else happens I'm moving to the Outer Hebrides. :lol:
it tastes like...Eagle!
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Re: ouch times 3

Post by uploader »

Just a warning mate we got a Friday the 13th coming up in july ;)
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

That sucks man....take it easy for a while and i'm sure your luck will change :)
what happened with your insurance and the stolen PCX ?
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

wow man. Well you've gotten all the bad luck out of the way... from now on, it should be smooth sailing!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sounds like you've got the makings of a half decent country and western album right there.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

o_O

Wow. I used to have a 50 gallon aquarium, I cannot imagine that much water flowing everywhere. Hope your luck turns around.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hope your run of bad luck stops now and instead a run of good luck!
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

It sucks at the minute, can't ride my new machine to work, have to get the Bus, got a stupid elbow crutch for another week.
On the plus side the room the fish tank was in was due to be decorated - so that's the first job for me when I'm fit.

On another thing altogether has anyone tried Dodo Juice products on their bikes yet?? It's supposed to be really good and they have a big range of products.

I ordered soe rainforest rub for my Sinnis - which incidentally turns out to be an old suzuki model that's been re-launched through Sinnis. :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

rich666 wrote:which incidentally turns out to be an old suzuki model that's been re-launched through Sinnis. :)
Where did you get that info from?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

i bought a Merida Team Carbon for myself as a 40th birthday present, the first time i took it out i flew and felt so confident on it, right up till the moment i left the saddle after it slid out from underneath me on a fast downhill doing 35mph! luckily the bike only suffered mild damage to the rear mech, brake lever and gear shifters. i nearly ended up in an obscenely painfull thorny load of bushes! hit a tree but in the end i'm glad i did.
Sorry about your bike! what are you going for next?
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Sinnis produced the Trackstar in conjunction with jinan qingqi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinan_Qingqi).

It's a Grass Tracker that was basically relaunched through Sinnis http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... AA&dur=906
Suzuki sold the jigs, etc to Jinan qingqi a few years after they stopped producing them and Sinnis persuaded them to make them again. All of the old Suzuki parts from the Grass Tracker/Volty/TU250 fit my bike so I'm chuffed.
Even better still Sinnis are doing a 250cc version this summer and are thinking about releasing a Volty style model too. :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

A 250 Trackstar sounds pretty good to me, wonder how much it will cost....
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

The guys at Sinnis say less than £2000, which in my book makes it a really nice prospect :) :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

At that price I could be very tempted.
lactic

Post by lactic »

rich666 wrote:On another thing altogether has anyone tried Dodo Juice products on their bikes yet?? It's supposed to be really good and they have a big range of products.
Haven't tried any myself but read a lot of positive reviews of dodo juice stuff on some car forums I go on, people seem to really rate it.
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

At least your not a Maccum
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Well it was Friday the 13th yesterday, Are you still with us rich666?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I think he must have passed on from the bad luck. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

I'm still here :D
Just locked myself in the garage all day on Friday with my power tools :o talk about inviting danger :).
Ventured out for a bit on Saturday and bought some High Chromed, braced scrambler bars for my sinnis along with a pair beston mushroom grips.
The bike is now starting to look the way I want it (think Steve McQueens 278 bike) - just need to buy the indicators I'm after, take the side panels off, fit an open air filter, put the new exhaust on and then re-jet as accordingly.
it tastes like...Eagle!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

rich666 wrote:I'm still here :D
Just locked myself in the garage all day on Friday with my power tools :o talk about inviting danger :).
Ventured out for a bit on Saturday and bought some High Chromed, braced scrambler bars for my sinnis along with a pair beston mushroom grips.
The bike is now starting to look the way I want it (think Steve McQueens 278 bike) - just need to buy the indicators I'm after, take the side panels off, fit an open air filter, put the new exhaust on and then re-jet as accordingly.

Westgate Road?