Short term Insurance..(uk)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Short term Insurance..(uk)

Post by Scottish »

I'm planning on buying another bike and garaging it until I sell my beloved PCX, I still need to ride the new bike home though...so is it best to get some short term pay as you go insurance (3-4 days) or change my existing policy to cover any bike?
Anyone have any experience of this sort of thing?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Short term Insurance..(uk)

Post by you you »

Scottish wrote:I'm planning on buying another bike and garaging it until I sell my beloved PCX, I still need to ride the new bike home though...so is it best to get some short term pay as you go insurance (3-4 days) or change my existing policy to cover any bike?
Anyone have any experience of this sort of thing?

Why not get it delivered?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Trade the PCX in, saves fannying about selling it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

The bike is a private sale, If i bought the equivalent from a garage it would be at least a grand more than the price i'm getting it at, as for delivery yeah would love to do that, just dont have the faith to transfer £3000 to someone else's bank account on the condition they send me a working bike that i've never seen or ridden.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Scottish wrote:The bike is a private sale, If i bought the equivalent from a garage it would be at least a grand more than the price i'm getting it at, as for delivery yeah would love to do that, just dont have the faith to transfer £3000 to someone else's bank account on the condition they send me a working bike that i've never seen or ridden.

So you may or may not buy it. Why not tootle along on the PCX and view it. Once you have decided to buy you can then sort out the practicalities?
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Its in Kent and I'm near Glasgow, so the megabusgold to London is an option (tues-thurs £5!) after thats its a 430 mile ride home. o_O
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Travelling all that way just to have a look?
What bike is it?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

I'll post a picture if I get it ;) as for insurance devitt are absolute useless c#*ts, phoned yesterday explaining my wants, said they would phone me back...nothing, phoned them again this morning.. 'will phone you back within half an hour'....nothing
they charged me £15 'admin' fee just for changing my address last year too.

They can fuck off from now on.