hell of a deal

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

hell of a deal

Post by caseybea »

Hi! New user here (Milwaukee, WI), new pcx owner!

Have owned my Honda cm450 for 32 years, have gotten tired of it lately. Been doing lots of research, comparing, reading, looking at scooters. I wanted something smaller and fun.

Yesterday I came across a *new* 2013 red pcx150. $2365 us. I didn't even have to think about it anymore, I pick it up this weekend!

Super pumped. Already planning a humpectomy (I'm 6'2").

I expect to be asking lots of questions these coming weeks, will also toss in my reviews and experiences.

It will onky be a LITTLE difficult owning one of those with all the Harleys we have here :-)
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: hell of a deal

Post by Bash On! »

Congrats! And way to go keeping your cm450 for so long. You really got your money's worth.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

caseybea wrote:owned my Honda cm450 for 32 years, have gotten tired of it lately.
That must have been a good ride for you... original owner? Did you sell it? I had a Kawasaki 454 that I bought and road with a guy who bought a CM450 and his out lasted mine by far. Had a manual choke didn't it? Do you have any pictures of the old girl?

Attachments
450.jpg
450.jpg (9.46 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

Selling it to my son. Will post pics soon.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

"Already planning a humpectomy" :lol: :lol:
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Hi Casey. I live in Elm Grove and know all about the Harley bias around here. Take a trip around Hubertus/ Holy hill and you will feel like a new person. the PCX 150 is a blast to ride around here!
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

Oh, I'm not worried about the Harley Bias. Had my Honda forever, no problem. Even rode my Honda to the harleyfest last year on Layton ave with a thousand harleys there....

I can't wait. My best memories of riding really date back to when I was a teen, scooting around town on my Puch moped. Something about a bitty bike that's just FUN. And of course, the engines on those things were crap, top speed of 30 with a tailwind.

Super excited about the abilities of the PCX and zooming back and forth to work. And the 100-ish mpg can't hurt, compared to the 17 I get in my minivan.........
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well caseybea, did ja get it? Did ja....did ja?
Is yer Happy Dance about to commence? :P

One more thing...can Ya guess? Hint: location.
Can Ya help us out here and add it to your profile. I got some ezy directions below to do so. We'd appreciate it ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

WhiteNoise wrote:Well caseybea, did ja get it? Did ja....did ja?
Is yer Happy Dance about to commence? :P

One more thing...can Ya guess? Hint: location.
Can Ya help us out here and add it to your profile. I got some ezy directions below to do so. We'd appreciate it ;)
Yep, picked it up! Well, sort of. Did the paperwork, paid for it, took a really nice ride, then went home in my van. Hahaha, didn't have anyone to drive me to the dealer. (I actually pick it up tomorrow).

FUN bike. It's amazing how freaking quiet that thing is. I of course have to be nice to it during the break-in, it was really hard to not just GUN IT. But I got it up to a decent speed and I'm thrilled. It's everything I wanted. I expect a LOT of riding this summer.

Bit annoyed about all the dealer fees, I'll get over it. I still got away for more than a grand less than MSRP..!

My biggest surprise was discovering my HUGE full-size helmet *FITS* under the seat. I really thought I'd be buying a new helmet...!

Definitely going to pursue fixing the seat or buying a new one. I seriously need to scoot back 2 inches. That will make a huge difference.

PS: Location updated
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Arrive?
:P Foot tapping.......
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Got it!

Post by caseybea »

Picked it up last night! The weather forecast was totally wrong, was supposed to be in the 50's and sunny. Instead, it was cold and had just rained. BRRRRRR. Drove very carefully home since I'm not used to the new balance quite yet. Would have been really bad if I dumped it on day 1 :-)

I'm definately going to enjoy it.

Attached is a photo I took in my garage last night, new ride next to my old one!
Attachments
2015-03-30 21.51.03-2.jpg
2015-03-30 21.51.03-2.jpg (143.54 KiB) Viewed 5859 times
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

And yes, that CM450 behind the PCX is older than most of you. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Ahh...thar she be, and feeling right at home cozy next to big bro :P Applause!
BTW, I wish I could say that your 450 was older than me :| Please,....."Say It Isn't So!"
I'll take the older Hondamatic :D in Teal (1978-79?)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Wow! those old Honda's can last 30 years and still look pretty good. Probably wasn't too much trouble I hope. I would be saddened to part with that one. For the record my Kaw of the same era just fell apart... booooo Kawasaki
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

homie wrote:Wow! those old Honda's can last 30 years and still look pretty good. Probably wasn't too much trouble I hope. I would be saddened to part with that one. For the record my Kaw of the same era just fell apart... booooo Kawasaki
Not much trouble to keep it in riding shape. And several years ago, I thought I'd NEVER sell it. But over time, I realized I just wasn't riding it very much at all anymore (thus, the low miles, LOL) - and that I wanted something that was a little easier to whip out of the garage, and something quiet-- preferably water cooled. 4-5 years ago, there really wasn't much. But the PCX is what I have really been waiting for.

I can't justify hanging on to two bikes, so out she goes. I've loved it a lot, but it's time to let go :-)

Two things I can't get used to:

* lack of a choke. (seriously, every time I sit down and get ready to start it, I reach over and.. OH YEAH, DON'T NEED TO DO THIS ANY MORE )
* lack of 'running' light mode in my turn signals (any recommendations for replacements? I really really liked having my "side" lights on all the time, and then they of course blinked when turning).
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

caseybea wrote:
homie wrote:Wow! those old Honda's can last 30 years and still look pretty good. Probably wasn't too much trouble I hope. I would be saddened to part with that one. For the record my Kaw of the same era just fell apart... booooo Kawasaki
Not much trouble to keep it in riding shape. And several years ago, I thought I'd NEVER sell it. But over time, I realized I just wasn't riding it very much at all anymore (thus, the low miles, LOL) - and that I wanted something that was a little easier to whip out of the garage, and something quiet-- preferably water cooled. 4-5 years ago, there really wasn't much. But the PCX is what I have really been waiting for.

I can't justify hanging on to two bikes, so out she goes. I've loved it a lot, but it's time to let go :-)

Two things I can't get used to:

* lack of a choke. (seriously, every time I sit down and get ready to start it, I reach over and.. OH YEAH, DON'T NEED TO DO THIS ANY MORE )
* lack of 'running' light mode in my turn signals (any recommendations for replacements? I really really liked having my "side" lights on all the time, and then they of course blinked when turning).

Have you seen phones recently, amazing, they fit in your pocket and everything :D
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

you you wrote: Have you seen phones recently, amazing, they fit in your pocket and everything :D
Funny guy :-) I am serious about the lights though. Would love to have them 'on', and then also blink for turns. Obviously, I'd need replacement lights, I'll probably pursue this in the accessories subforum.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

If you look just above the headlight to either side, you'll see the spots where non-US turn signals are normally installed. There are no bulbs installed in the US model but the space is still there. I think it would look great to have running lights installed in those spots. That'll leave your turn signals to just be turn signals--I think it's better to have turn signals blink from off to on rather than lit to brighter lit.

Also, life's too short to have only one bike at a time.

Best,
Bash
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I like to buy in collections too although the wife isn't so keen on it. I need a play/adventure bike now and that Triumph Tiger 800 has my interest if I could find one.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

tbln930 wrote:I like to buy in collections too although the wife isn't so keen on it. I need a play/adventure bike now and that Triumph Tiger 800 has my interest if I could find one.
Already got an April Fool's prank in: told my wife first thing this morning that I was going to look at a new motorcycle today. She was 0-60 in no time flat: "What? You are not. You already have three bikes ...." She's too easy to provoke; takes the sport out of it.
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)