we are skeptical...

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

we are skeptical...

Post by homie »

We are so very used to scams you might just get scammed because you are too skeptical. If someone hands you HEAVY metal in the form of a COIN for bottled water or lipstick I don't care if its gold painted lead... TAKE IT DUMB AZZ!

He's darn lucky he didn't ask a fellow metal detecting enthusiast like me or a Canadian might have nailed him!

Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Re: we are skeptical...

Post by Kermit »

That falls into the category of "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Except it wasn't.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I would be all over it like flies on stink!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:I would be all over it like flies on stink!
yea that one girl says "can I hold it, oh it's heavy o_O ... but no thanks" I don't know how mankind will survive our own stupidity and lack of common sense. Steph I have no doubt after holding that gold coin in your hand you would have said thanks! here's 20 bucks dumb ass.
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

Video's can be fake! I highly doubt the guy would actually have let a $1500 coin walk away. BTW it could have been lead with a gold plate on it worth 10 cents.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Year 2012
"Show Me The Money!" "I want to be in the Right Place, at the Right Time!"
Where was that guy? I wanna walk on the Wild Side where folks are "giving" Gold away (well, just about).
When he says, "...why, do you have too many gold coins already?" I'm sitting here grabbing gold through my iPad screen!
Yeah, and about the gal that holds the gold? She obviously knows Nothing what-so-ever about coins other than to spend them. Can't blame her then, right? Right.
homie, how many folks do you think collect coins today? Or have collections still? I have no idea. One in 50? When gold peaked in 1980 ($850.00 oz) and again Sept 2011 ($1,921.50 oz) lots of folks cashed in. $2,000.00 oz plus could happen, one day?.... "some say."

Bottom line....in this video scenario those folks had a chance to gain and very little to lose. Tis proof that human's are skeptics. We all know why (I think :roll: ) Totally Understandable.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Seems everyone is giving their gold away for free. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... tinum.html
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Year 2012
"Show Me The Money!" "I want to be in the Right Place, at the Right Time!"
Where was that guy? I wanna walk on the Wild Side where folks are "giving" Gold away (well, just about).
When he says, "...why, do you have too many gold coins already?" I'm sitting here grabbing gold through my iPad screen!
Yeah, and about the gal that holds the gold? She obviously knows Nothing what-so-ever about coins other than to spend them. Can't blame her then, right? Right.
homie, how many folks do you think collect coins today? Or have collections still? I have no idea. One in 50? When gold peaked in 1980 ($850.00 oz) and again Sept 2011 ($1,921.50 oz) lots of folks cashed in. $2,000.00 oz plus could happen, one day?.... "some say."

Bottom line....in this video scenario those folks had a chance to gain and very little to lose. Tis proof that human's are skeptics. We all know why (I think :roll: ) Totally Understandable.

Or sceptics?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:) Touche!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

WhiteNoise wrote: She obviously knows Nothing what-so-ever about coins other than to spend them.
It can be worse than that, some of these youngsters don't even know what is legal coinage. I had to get a manager at a fast food place once because the kid would not accept a 50cent piece. I had a similar problem at the same place, different kid, when I used a two dollar bill. Both are fully legal still even though they are not still minted/printed.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I had a situation once at a fast food restaurant where they didn't have computerized registers, so the folks at the registers had to think. I handed the kid a $20 bill. He looked at me with this strange look, looked at the money, and he called his manager over. The manager rang up the sale, opened the register, and gave me my change. I guess they don't teach the kids how to make change any more.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Believe it or not, many counterfeit gold and silver coins and bars are for sale right now..

This place sells them:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/434131/ ... =1222-1841

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 77190.html
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .