SP Takegawa vs Moriwaki exhausts

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

SP Takegawa vs Moriwaki exhausts

Post by forza300 »

Hi folks, I have read a few good things on the forum about SP Takegawa silent oval exhausts which is almost enough to tempt me away from the Moriwaki i have been looking at in Webbike.

Any reviews of either (or ideally both) exhaust systems? I am interested in terms of sounds, weight, any noticeable differences over the stock system.

Cheers and happy easter !
------------------------
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: SP Takegawa vs Moriwaki exhausts

Post by Valiant »

I have the Takegawa Power Silent Oval Exhaust. It's maybe 50% louder than the stock exhaust, but still more quiet than the exhaust of most sport bikes. Power went up, but it's a very subtle difference.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Valiant wrote:I have the Takegawa Power Silent Oval Exhaust. It's maybe 50% louder than the stock exhaust, but still more quiet than the exhaust of most sport bikes. Power went up, but it's a very subtle difference.

It is oval?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

you you wrote: It is oval?
For you baby, it could be:
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Valiant wrote:
you you wrote: It is oval?
For you baby, it could be:

Two out of three isn't bad then :D
forza300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by forza300 »

Moriwaki anyone? The Takegawa is about $100 cheaper and has great reviews here.

I like the fact the Takegawa isn't too loud and appears to give some aesthetic & performance improvements (entirely subjective I understand). Shaving a few kg's too is a plus.
------------------------
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Vamootsman provided a link to a previous thread. Vamootsman and I went in on 2 power silent Oval's from webike japan in order to get the free shipping on orders over $500. So for roughly $250, we each got an exhaust. It does raise the power output noticeably. I have run the exhaust on both my 2013 and 2015 PCX150 and I notice a difference. SOund is not much louder than stock. Certainly NOT offensive at all. Very nice tone. Only complaint is that there seems to be some leakage at the rivets where the badge in riveted onto the muffler and exhaust fumes/carbon spew onto the pipe some, and need to be polished off with some "mothers mag & aluminum polish." After a while, some spots won't polish out. No biggie though. At some point in the future if it gets too rough looking, I'll just lightly sand the whole thing and paint it heat treated flat black. =)

If you order just one exhaust, shipping is likely to be close to $100 I'm guessing. I forgot how long it took, but maybe 2 weeks or so from the time of order.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

Mine needs the same polishing. I love the sound. Mine probably doesn't sound as loud overall with the pod because mine is hidden inside the airbox. It seriously sound like my friends KLR650. Not loud at all, just not as quiet as the sewing machine sound of the stock setup.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
forza300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by forza300 »

ScooterMan wrote:Vamootsman provided a link to a previous thread. Vamootsman and I went in on 2 power silent Oval's from webike japan in order to get the free shipping on orders over $500. So for roughly $250, we each got an exhaust. It does raise the power output noticeably. I have run the exhaust on both my 2013 and 2015 PCX150 and I notice a difference. SOund is not much louder than stock. Certainly NOT offensive at all. Very nice tone. Only complaint is that there seems to be some leakage at the rivets where the badge in riveted onto the muffler and exhaust fumes/carbon spew onto the pipe some, and need to be polished off with some "mothers mag & aluminum polish." After a while, some spots won't polish out. No biggie though. At some point in the future if it gets too rough looking, I'll just lightly sand the whole thing and paint it heat treated flat black. =)

If you order just one exhaust, shipping is likely to be close to $100 I'm guessing. I forgot how long it took, but maybe 2 weeks or so from the time of order.

Hi Scooterman/Vamootsman/Valiant & co.

I'd like to know the model number for the SP Takegawa exhaust please if you remember it? There are 2 types on webbike and even the shop can't tell me which is which.

I understand that the 2015 ESP engine is similar to the 2013/14 ESP engine but I have had issues in the past with the older non ESP 150 engine which has different header pipe mounts.

Assistance much appreciated as i'd rather get the correct part (not cheap to post/replace) and I'm going nuts trying to find any info on the interweb.

Cheers ! Thanks for your posts. I'll get some pics up once all sorted out.
------------------------
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

This one(04-02-0163):
http://japan.webike.net/products/21764332.html

I was also concerned about fitment on the new 2015 model, so I went ahead after confirming on the picture(no hump, integrated turn signals, shape of the headlight). Enjoy.

If there are any doubts about the other products, just ask. Surprisingly, they do have people that can communicate with fluent English over e-mail.