Tourmaster jackets...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Tourmaster jackets...

Post by homie »

Local rider I've purchase gear from before off CL promised to give me a first look at any gear he was cleaning out of his closet. He's a monk like me and everything in his world is emasculate, so we are birds of a feather. Anywho this is what he texted me for sale today and I ask If I could have it for a C-note and he agreed.

Dropped in to Revzilla to know more about it. It looks like something a Gold Wing rider might want but maybe overkill for Shay and I. We might look like the headless horseman in a long cut tour jacket on a scooter :lol:

Tell me what you guys think about this Senora Air double insert jacket and all it's cinches. I wouldn't pay full price for one but for 100 bucks... I might go get it.

Tourmaster's Senora Air

http://www.revzilla.com/product/tour-ma ... air-jacket
Attachments
tourmaster.png
tourmaster.png (411.1 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
jacket.png
jacket.png (414.66 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Tourmaster jackets...

Post by tbln930 »

It was 92 F yesterday and the last thing I am thinking about is a jacket. :-) I am glad I got a hi-viz mesh vest with armor right now.

I was going to tell you that I am being told (on the V-Strom forum) my new Samsung Galaxy S6 will do the best video on the bike I will ever see at this point. It does QHD too but they said use 1080p. They said it is better than the best Go Pros at this point. I am ordering a mount that clears the camera high enough forward for recording.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, if you don't mind the color Black, pull the trigger! $100 dinero for a quality like new Tourmaster is a great deal. Probably best worn in all of Spring and Fall due to mix of materials, with a push into early summer, late fall.
What does chief say?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

tbln930 wrote:It was 92 F yesterday and the last thing I am thinking about is a jacket. :-) I am glad I got a hi-viz mesh vest with armor right now.

I was going to tell you that I am being told (on the V-Strom forum) my new Samsung Galaxy S6 will do the best video on the bike I will ever see at this point. It does QHD too but they said use 1080p. They said it is better than the best Go Pros at this point. I am ordering a mount that clears the camera high enough forward for recording.
Yes, I wouldn't buy stock in Go-Pro given how fast cell phone tech is moving but the advantage of action cams should be compact size and disposable affordability. Go-Pro doesn't seem to get that I want to put my action cam in harms way exposing it to damage, theft and bad weather. I'm still sold on Mobius as a necessary provider of wildlife footage but your phone will make some great videos however you won't mount it to your model aircraft LOL.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:homie, if you don't mind the color Black, pull the trigger! $100 dinero for a quality like new Tourmaster is a great deal. Probably best worn in all of Spring and Fall due to mix of materials, with a push into early summer, late fall.
What does chief say?
Chief say... add 8 dollar Home Depot hi-viz construction vest on cool night
Attachments
chief2.jpg
chief2.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

A good Quad needs two cameras. The Mobius for recording HD video and a board camera (lower resolution) with no hesitation for the FPV goggles. :P I am gearing up to get a 250 size quad for tooling around the neighborhood. Thinking about a ZMR2.

http://www.fpvmodel.com/zmr250-250mm-mi ... _g762.html
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I gave in today, and changed my order from a high vis thing, to a Raptor II RST jacket, very comfy. Total overkill for a PCX, but will keep me comfortable for the long rides.
aka DrewJW
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The full suit?

SECoda/tbln930
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Just the jacket, I've RST kevlar jeans for riding. The jacket is really comfortable and can ride with my workload on my back without it hurting thanks to the back protector, which is nice :-)
aka DrewJW
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I need to pick up some Kevlar jeans.

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

tbln930 wrote:I need to pick up some Kevlar jeans.
interesting

https://www.google.com/cse?cx=008732268 ... gsc.page=1

Just got back with the used Tourmaster jacket... took it all apart for a cold water wash. Its a whole new look for Homie that's for sure.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Tourmaster Flex is my favorite jacket.
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

I wear the Transition II jacket all the time. I don't care about whether or not it looks silly on a scooter, in fact a year or two ago I pulled up at a light on the Vespa, and somebody at the bus stop said "What do you need all that for on that little thing?". I like my skin, and I strongly dislike road rash. And it is seriously nice to have so many pockets. If it gets really hot, I do have a shorter mesh jacket as well.
Image, Image
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

The Flex is excellent for me being in Syracuse because I quite often have 40F and rain in the morning so I need the warmth of a full winter jacket. And 80F on the way home so I can just take the outer shell off and ride home in mesh with protection.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Follow up on Tourmaster Sonoma 3/4 Air jacket (black)
Tried it out last night for a quick review

Marketed for ventilation, targeted for summer and supplied with 2 inserts for cold wet climate... this is NOT going to beat my FirstGear jacket for looks and comfort in summer on a scooter :)

Pro's
Breath's very well, all mess with inserts out
Armor is thick and adjustable
Black means you don't have to flick off the bugs before you enter a public facility
2 pockets with easy outside access on the chest
Waist has belt cinch as well as arm cinches so you can custom fit

Con's
Looks and feels overkill for me, just to much going on
I feel invincible, well armored to the point I want to jump off and roll around
Added length gets bunched on even the 2015 PCX hump ;)
A little too badass for scooter action

I will keep this in case I ever go super cruiser but I think a short length light armor jacket will be what I reach for everytime. Might change my mind when old man winter creeps back.
Attachments
jacket.png
jacket.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1273 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have the Hi-Viz version of that Tourmaster jacket and I love it. Most of the time when I wore it, prior to the 90° temps we are now seeing, I wore it with none of the inserts (comes with a rain/wind insert, and a quilted insert for when it is cool to cold). In the winter I added all of the inserts and was quite warm. Without the inserts it is mesh with lots of armor, which is great if it is not too hot out. In my opinion it is well worth the price.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers