PCX150 for a 5'3" girl with short legs?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

geek_riot

PCX150 for a 5'3" girl with short legs?

Post by geek_riot »

Hi All,
I'm new here, and I have been looking at the PCX150 online. I'd love to pull the trigger, except that none of the dealerships in a 90 mile range have the scooter in stock for me to sit on. I am very short (5'3"), and even worse, I have short legs (27" inseam). Can anyone give me a measurement of the seat width? Or even better? Anyone out there short like me riding the PCX?
Thanks,
Kim
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX150 for a 5'3" girl with short legs?

Post by EddieC »

Hey there Kim! Not too sure but my fiancée is 5'1" so a similar height! I'll ask her if she wouldn't mind me taking a picture of her on the scooter. Not too sure on her inseam but I'm sure it's similar.

Try searching "motorcycle ergonomics" on google. There's some websites where you can enter your height, inseam, and motorcycle/scooter and it will show a diagram of how your body will sit on such a machine. Let me know if you don't have any luck and I'll post a link when I get home. I have one bookmarked on my laptop but it's at home right now :/
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Here ya go!

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Looks like it might be a bit of a stretch for you to flat foot the scooter when stopped. You could possibly work around the issue wearing boots with a heel, or sliding forward on the seat. Good luck and let us know what decision you make! Also let me know if you would like that picture.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The PCX seat slopes downwards so seat height varies depending on where you sit. You really need to find one to sit on before you buy. If you add your location in your profile maybe someone on this forum who is nearby could let you have a sit. Also the seat can be modified which is what I did to mine as I am tall.
geek_riot

Post by geek_riot »

EddieC wrote:Here ya go!

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Looks like it might be a bit of a stretch for you to flat foot the scooter when stopped. You could possibly work around the issue wearing boots with a heel, or sliding forward on the seat. Good luck and let us know what decision you make! Also let me know if you would like that picture.
Thanks for that link, it's great! And if you don't mind getting a photo, I would appreciate it. I am in Longview, Texas, if any of y'all are in the area, I'd love to take a look at your PCX!
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Here it is! Got her to agree to a picture under one condition: I couldn't show her face because she was "post-work gross" :lol:

She says she can firmly plant the ball of both her feet on the ground. She can also rock the scooter back and forth a little like that too. She has a 26" inseam, so I think you will be fine on the PCX!!

geek_riot

Post by geek_riot »

Hey EddieC, thanks for the photos. I think with my boots, I probably won't have an issue with the PCX. I previously road a Nighthawk, and was able to do ok on the balls of my feet.
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

No problem at all. Enjoy your PCX! Good luck on your purchase and be sure to post some pictures when you get it!
gail314

Post by gail314 »

I'm of similar height. 5'3" with 28" inseam.

I just purchased the PCX 150. I can "flat" foot her when I'm in my cycle boots.

I fit her better than I have ever fit any other scoot or bike even my Typhoon 125 can't compare with how much better I fit on the PCX 150.
My scoots: 2012 Piaggio Typhoon 125

2013 Honda PCX 125