Xena Disc Lock Alarm (XX6 model)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PeteCX125

Xena Disc Lock Alarm (XX6 model)

Post by PeteCX125 »

I got one of these a few weeks ago, and for £35 am very impressed with the build, volume, function.

But last couple of times using it, I have set the alarm and then gone indoors and the alarm has gone off after about 5mins.. Then it doesnt go off again. (hopefully).

Anyone else experience this? its a pain in the ass when you get home late! and people nearby may be sleeping!

Maybe its the lock just slipping a tiny bit?

Any help/ideas would be great.

Thanks
loudgonzo

Re: Xena Disc Lock Alarm (XX6 model)

Post by loudgonzo »

is this type of alarm, disc mount type, meant for 'overnight', i mean i imagine the disc is very hot if you were to use this for a quick trip to the store, or throughout the day on several stops?

i store ours in our garage, but am looking at an alarm for use during the day, and found some gorilla brand that has tilt, shock and some other sensors, anyone used that brand?
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Have the same model and has not had false alarms in the year i have used it. The higher it is mounted on the disk the more sensitive it is and so i mount mine at bottom to prevent false alarms
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

I have one too. Have not had the same problem of going off after 5 minutes. I have had a problem of it alarming in a hard rain storm. It drove the hotel security guys crazy until I removed it.

It's another deterrent or irritant for someone who wants to mess with your ride.

The manual gives tips on how to overcome sensitivity issues. It tells you where to mount the device to solve common problems.
PeteCX125

Post by PeteCX125 »

I will try the 6 o'clock position, I was just concerned it may be a fault as it seemed to activate the alarm at exactly the same time after arming, twice in a row.

It probably isnt ideal for overnight, but its sat just outside my bedroom window, so is probably a better security device than just a chain lock. Chain locks are a pain to keep putting on and off.

Ideally I want to do a few tests with the Xena, but in Central London its almost impossible to find anywhere that doesnt attract attention and make it look like your trying to steal someones bike! Maybe I'll go for a country ride :)
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Always use a rear chain lock
bike thieves can just mount the front end of your bike onto a over sized skateboard and push it away
PeteCX125

Post by PeteCX125 »

uploader wrote:Always use a rear chain lock
bike thieves can just mount the front end of your bike onto a over sized skateboard and push it away
True, still would hopefully set off the alarm and attract some unwanted attention.

On another note.
Where do you put your disc lock pin through? A or B?

I do A.

uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

B if its 6mm
PeteCX125

Post by PeteCX125 »

Using B holes now, problem solved!

Thanks