received my honda pcx top box and plates that it sits on

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Re: received my honda pcx top box and plates that it sits on

Post by woozy-uk »

will take a pic AM and post when im at work.

is there a way to access the area inside the seat lock compartment so i can retrieve the bolt

thankyou
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Get your self one of those telescopic magnetic pick up tool things and have a ratch around in the space around the lock, they're very useful and you might be able to fish the nut out. If you can't get at the nut then you may have to start taking the panels off one by one and keep checking for the nut with the pick up tool as you remove each panel. Be careful of cracking the panels when doing this, they can be quite brittle especially in cold weather.

As for locking the top box in position - make sure you have the key in the lock and turned so that the lock is open then just push down hard (sometimes very hard), you may want to put a bit of lube on the mechanism to help it along. Don't worry - I've got the Honda box and it was very stiff to begin with, but soon freed off.
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

i second how to put the box on, at first it is really really tough, but when the rubber feet bed in it will become easier, i almost gave up on mine the first time i tried, but i am used to it and it is easier now
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

i pushed down lots but it just lifts the front of the bike up :s

have ordered a magnetic pickup tool. thanks for that idea. that design on the bike is stupid, so much can go down into that area
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

all sorted now, just needed more force than i thought, had 2 people sid on the bike while i pushed onto the box and now its on, i couldnt work out the locking either as the instructions are crap but worked it out in the end. so all good now except the nut still in deep by the seat lock.

many thanks all for the excellent help, what a great site this is

much appreciated
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

It's much easier to put the top box on when using the centre stand for some reason. Everything just locates a bit better.
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

in hindsight the bolt wouldnt have fallen inside the bike if i used the center stand
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

woohoo

that magnetic tool turned up and used it in the dark, and it got the bolt out! excellent and great idea thankyou! phew
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

:) They're a great invention. Good for fishing sump plugs out of old oil when you drain it as well.
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

edscoot wrote::) They're a great invention. Good for fishing sump plugs out of old oil when you drain it as well.
I dont know why this never occurred to me... going to do this with mine from now on. :oops:
cbbear

Post by cbbear »

I have the Honda top box but cant get it secured on the plate or even lock it!

Anybody give instructions?
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

It's easier if the scoot's on it's centre stand - There are two lugs on the back of the top box that locate into two slots in the plate (these are just above the back of the seat. Slip the box into position and then put the key in the lock and turn it (as if you were unlocking it). now make sure that the latch on the bottom of the box is correctly located with the catch on the plate. Press the bottom red button in and press the top box onto the lock at the same time - you should here a click when it has locked securely to the plate.

They get easier with use - might be an idea to put a bit of washing up liquid or something on the catch just to help it. These things are pretty stiff when new. You might also find it easier if you open the box and put the flat of your hand in to get more pressure when getting it to lock into position.