Honda CTX700D and CTX700A Our other bikes

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Honda CTX700D and CTX700A Our other bikes

Post by Steph »

Hope you guys take a look. Beginning has crazy screeching stop.

We still have our scoots and ride them once and a while.

https://youtu.be/HWZSJRHQshQ
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Honda CTX700D and CTX700A Our other bikes

Post by homie »

Good piece of brake work John, I Iike the signal for turning the signal off... BEEP!
now pull my finger
Attachments
mac.jpg
mac.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Hi Homie, Hows it going? Got about 2500 on my new bike so far this season. Been commuting to work on it and having a blast. Hope all is well by you.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:Hi Homie, Hows it going? Got about 2500 on my new bike so far this season. Been commuting to work on it and having a blast. Hope all is well by you.
All is well, shiny side is always up, no incident 3100 miles riding everyday. I like you guys choice of bigger bikes as I've come to realize it would be safer to power away from some traffic clusters quickly rather than try to fall back and piss everyone off behind me. So I too will step up one level this fall and then mod out a Honda Shadow over the winter if the Yamaha Bolt doesn't lure me away from Honda. Say Hi to John and don't forget to enjoy those beautiful clear blue Michigan lakes. Wisconsin lakes are brown, spooky and dark. They feel heavy like you are being sucked down to see O'L Hobbs.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Wow - I guess that is the no-ABS version?

I am just about to overtake 4000 miles in just over three months on the V-Strom. My wife said It seems like I live on it lately but I have been riding the PCX camping and she has been on the Forza.

Are you guys are in jackets up there? You won't find a rider in a full armor jacket here in the heat. I use my armored mesh vest, elbow pads, and summer cycle gloves but that is about it. I even switch to my 3/4 helmet at times and bought a second Sena mount for my Sena SMH10. What a great device.

BTW - I fell in love with a new Arai helmet if I ever win the lottery. I have tried nearly every high-end helmet in my area and it is the king for a reason.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Steph! So I see that you and John are comfortable with your CTX's, that's really great! I enjoyed your video even with my swallow/gulp as John broke Screeee---ching to a halt o_O Very glad to see him upright and in his path of travel afterwards. Ahh, safe...breathe :) Does he have ABS brakes? The bike responded/behaved like it did. If so, it Worked!!

Now a question (s)....was the transition from your PCX to the CTX easy or did it take you some time to adapt? If it did take time, what was the reason(s)? i.e. weight, trans, semi-forward footing? I ask because I like the CTX. Thanks and you Two be careful :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Homie, SECoda and Whitenoise glad to hear from you

@Whitenoise - Johns bike does not have ABS. SECoda noticed that right a way. If he had, He would not have made the screeching halt. My bike has it as well as the DCT. John's bike has the manual transmission like most motorcycles. Google DCT for some excellent explanations on how it works. I don't have a hand clutch or a foot shifter. The transition was not bad. Had to get use to a 500+ Lbs bike as opposed to 300 lbs. scooter.
@SECoda - We are wearing our mesh jackets. And I am still digging my Shoei helmet. Got a pair of Sena S20s. Makes things a lot better. Doing a lot of commuting to work. Getting close to 3000 miles.
@homie - The bigger bikes are better for the type of riding I'm doing. All the roads are 50 mph or better that I take to work. Having the weight and bigger tires add to the stability of the ride. Glad all is well with you. Funny you mention the brown lakes. Some of the inland Michigan lakes are like that

Ride safe my friends!
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Steph - our local Shoei rep lives by me and is always trying to sell me one. I always remind him that our buddy dropped his modular on the driveway and one side broke off. :-) When I win a Revzilla challenge one of these times I will get the Arai but it is $$$$$ like Shuberth. :lol: I tried a Shubert SR1 as well and it was nice for $950. o_O I liked the Arai a bit better but they were both very comfortable, cool, and light weight.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

SECoda - Thinking about an upgrade for my Husband. Nolan N104 Hi-Viz Helmet. Can get them for around 350 at Revzilla. I personally don't want a modular helmet. But, my Husband loves them. They are not as safe as a full face.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Yes - anything in two pieces can come apart. On the Aria I saw I think the shell would break before the hinge would come apart. It was industrial strength.

Watch the Nolan's on working with your Sena mount.

SECoda/tbln930
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Good point! Some helmets are not good with the Sena mount. Will look into that.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Nolans were even mentioned in the review of my Sena as being a problem.
Steph wrote:Good point! Some helmets are not good with the Sena mount. Will look into that.

SECoda/tbln930
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

I have done that kind of braking a time or two. A friend and coworker has a black CTX700N. He likes it but I don't like riding feet forward.

I just wish Honda would have brought in the NC700S{the roadster version - we get the adventure version NC700X}.