YSS G Euro Pcx 150 test

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sobwin
Year: 2013
Color: Mat black

YSS G Euro Pcx 150 test

Post by Sobwin »

Hi,
I fitted a set of XL YSS g euro shocks to my 2013 PCX150. I was not sure if the XXL was going to be stiff and i think it would have been. I am 80kg and my wife 60kg. We live 50km out of Chiang Mai and our ride to town consists of dirt track with pot holes, then hand made concert slab road that is very rough, then great mountain roads, then standard back roads through villages, then freeway, then city driving. The 50km takes about 1 hour and we do it 2 up twice a week or so.

With the original shocks we bottomed out non stop, it was bad. Now with the XL size shocks its like all the bumps have been fixed in the roads, its an amazing transformation. We loaded the bike up last week to the absolute max. The seat was full of groceries and the top box was about 5 times over its recommended weight, we couldn't pack another thing. The shocks felt even better and we never bottomed out once. When I'm alone on the bike its a bit hard on the concert road but I'm sure on the mountain road it would be great, haven't tried.

So in my opinion don't go off the weight recommended, the XL size is fantastic for our weight. :D
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: YSS G Euro Pcx 150 test

Post by outlander »

Sobwin

Post by Sobwin »

Yep those are the ones i used, same colour also.

I have just completed a 100km circuit in the mountains by myself with no extra weight and the shocks felt great. Not to hard but nice and stiff on the corners.
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

Sobwin wrote:Yep those are the ones i used, same colour also.

I have just completed a 100km circuit in the mountains by myself with no extra weight and the shocks felt great. Not to hard but nice and stiff on the corners.

The only real answer to Thailands pot hole infested side roads......

My CRF250M, complete with EJK, 13T, FMF Mega Bomb and FMF Q4 zorst, giving 30% increase in power - Cos of it's "Dirt bike DNA", it flys over pot holes like they're not there.........
Attachments
Copy of new tyres 20 aug 2015 022.jpg
Copy of new tyres 20 aug 2015 022.jpg (207.76 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by wangsuda »

I've been looking at the YSS G-Euro shocks as well. Since I weigh 107 kg and my passenger is 50 kg, I was thinking about going the XXL size. Reason being is that one-third of my driving is with a passenger, and I personally am close to the weight max alone. That's the thought. However, many people say the XXL are just too still. Any opinions on this?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

hatari wrote:

My CRF250M, complete with EJK, 13T, FMF Mega Bomb and FMF Q4 zorst, giving 30% increase in power - Cos of it's "Dirt bike DNA", it flys over pot holes like they're not there.........

That is a cool bike. It's not a dirt bike anymore though is it with the supermoto wheels and tyres?

What is the 30% increase. 25bhp total now at the rear wheel? Have you had it dynoed?
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

you you wrote:
hatari wrote:

That is a cool bike. It's not a dirt bike anymore though is it with the supermoto wheels and tyres?

What is the 30% increase. 25bhp total now at the rear wheel? Have you had it dynoed?

wouldn't want a "dirt bike" as 99% of riding done on the tarmac....super grippy Pirellis make it one hell of a quick bike A to B round the back roads...

Power increase - drove it standard, drove it modded - you sure can feel it - they are 23bhp from the factory, mods increase it to just over 30 bhp ..

Dyno ? wouldn't know any place round here that would have one....
Sobwin

Post by Sobwin »

wangsuda wrote:I've been looking at the YSS G-Euro shocks as well. Since I weigh 107 kg and my passenger is 50 kg, I was thinking about going the XXL size. Reason being is that one-third of my driving is with a passenger, and I personally am close to the weight max alone. That's the thought. However, many people say the XXL are just too still. Any opinions on this?

We have had the bike at those weights with all our groceries and i haven't wound the nut up, straight out of the box. We never bottom out and our roads here are bad. I would stick with the XL. I sometimes wonder if the weights YSS talk about are actually on the back wheel, not body weight on the bike seat. When by myself the bike felt very smooth. With your extra weight i think it would be spot on.
Sobwin

Post by Sobwin »

hatari wrote:

I was considering that bike for that reason. But we live 1 hour from Chiang Mai and need to get a weeks supply of groceries under the seat and in the top box, and we are always 2 up. back packs would be a pain. Also its great to store our clothes under the seat on a road trip. But i am considering treating myself to a new toy. Nice bike.