Decision between PCX and S-Wing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

toria
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Decision between PCX and S-Wing

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Price is different over here, the Forza is £4499 which compares very favourably with the manual NC700S at £5499, £6399 with DCT
I've ridden a DCT NC and was very much less than impressed at how coarse and agricultural it felt.
It was so bad that despite having it for the whole day I just rode it straight home and parked it.
I am also in the UK and i know that the price of the Honda Forza is £4499! I know the PCX is considerably less, in fact just half price! Mind you, you get what you pay for! Has anybody on this forum actually seen the Forza in the flesh? I have, and it does look very nice and more sturdy than the PCX. It is almost twice the size with a far comfier seat and better storage!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've ridden over a thousand miles on my Forza :)
Much more comfortable, much more capable on the open road.
Worth every penny of £4499 imo
There's a good finance deal available from Honda right now.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I have seen it and many here allready own one. I guess it depends on what your using it for. As I have said before, if I wanted to ride on the interstate systems and highways for extended periods of time I would bypass a scooter alltogether. The PCX is a perfect in town and occasional hyway commuter bike. Great mileage and enough speed to keep up in ideal conditions.

Here in the states the Forza starts at $5599 up to $6099 for ABS equiped.
The CTX700N starts at $6999 and has the DCT and ABS for $7999

I would spend the extra to have larger wheels, larger engine, chain driven, better stability, more weight, etc to use on highway or interstate trips. It may not have the underseat storage however you can put saddle bags on or mount a Givi on the back. All the components on the CTX will be heavier duty than that of the Forza too.

Its mearly a suggestion, if you feel like the forza is what you want by all means go and buy it. I hope you can get another color then red. The white is nice and the silver up in Canada is cool too.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I have seen it and many here allready own one. I guess it depends on what your using it for. As I have said before, if I wanted to ride on the interstate systems and highways for extended periods of time I would bypass a scooter alltogether. The PCX is a perfect in town and occasional hyway commuter bike. Great mileage and enough speed to keep up in ideal conditions.

Here in the states the Forza starts at $5599 up to $6099 for ABS equiped.
The CTX700N starts at $6999 and has the DCT and ABS for $7999

I would spend the extra to have larger wheels, larger engine, chain driven, better stability, more weight, etc to use on highway or interstate trips. It may not have the underseat storage however you can put saddle bags on or mount a Givi on the back. All the components on the CTX will be heavier duty than that of the Forza too.

Its mearly a suggestion, if you feel like the forza is what you want by all means go and buy it. I hope you can get another color then red. The white is nice and the silver up in Canada is cool too.

Thank you for that but that motorbike is really not for me!
snake

Post by snake »

Wow this thread degenerated fast.

Why did no one tell me about the S-Wing before I bought my PCX?!! Every article I read made me think the PCX was for me. The S-Wing looks great. OK it's more expensive, but some good second hand deals out there. Ah well, I do love my little PCX, I'm a light user compared to many of you guys and I use it 100% in London, so appreciate the size and economy. I can't complain. And may buy a big bike soon anyway. Wish I hadn't read this thread!

Regarding colour: red ftw.

Regards, Snake (owner of a 4 red cars (3 previous, 1 current), red bicycle, red PCX and red shoes (tasteful of course ;) )
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

snake wrote:Wow this thread degenerated fast.

Why did no one tell me about the S-Wing before I bought my PCX?!! Every article I read made me think the PCX was for me. The S-Wing looks great. OK it's more expensive, but some good second hand deals out there. Ah well, I do love my little PCX, I'm a light user compared to many of you guys and I use it 100% in London, so appreciate the size and economy. I can't complain. And may buy a big bike soon anyway. Wish I hadn't read this thread!

Regarding colour: red ftw.

Regards, Snake (owner of a 4 red cars (3 previous, 1 current), red bicycle, red PCX and red shoes (tasteful of course ;) )

Red shoes hey, very tasteful!! Have to say the red PCX does look lovely as does the greeny-blue one (not sure of it's official colour name!)! If they did the Forza in the same colours as the PCX, then that would make my choice EVEN MORE DIFFICULT!!! Ride safe snake :D
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I cleaned up this thread, see the Drama and Bullcrap section if you care.

Let's keep it civil, please! :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Carpathian hawk

Post by Carpathian hawk »

...finnally what was the decision? Forza or what?
Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX150 red, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 red.