Buell FireBolt...

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Buell FireBolt...

Post by homie »

The Harley on steroids is just about cleared of a homie inspection. One more day and I will have torn down detailed and reassembled none stop with little sleep since purchase two days ago. I could not find anything that requires mechanical attention and learned a lot in the process. The ECM states "race use only" or simply put its the race tune for this bike. Other pre-exiting mods are muffler and a Corbin seat. I removed the passenger foot pegs and brackets and have ordered a double bubble smoke windscreen, some decent grips, a spare key and took the passenger seat in for upholstery to match the Corbin... its under that rear hood. When the parts come in this will be a sad end to a lovely bit of fun. I really enjoy owning a used machine by taking it to my garage for a marathon monking 8) Then and only then is it mine.

Actually its not registered yet because the state transfer impact tax is crazy high here in Illinois. I think poor people just leave there vehicles when moving to Illinois. Give us your poor, your tired your sick but don't you dare bring that beater in here :lol: So you get a good deal in Wisconsin but pay it all back when you transfer to Illinois... God we love this town don't we Chief.
Attachments
buell0.jpg
buell0.jpg (118.06 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
buell.jpg
buell.jpg (134.76 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
Buell1.jpg
Buell1.jpg (98.1 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
buell2.jpg
buell2.jpg (104.75 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
mac&chief.jpg
mac&chief.jpg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Buell FireBolt...

Post by tbln930 »

Wow. Had not read you had pulled the trigger. Too cool. Is that the XB12R? What year is it.

It's hard to believe Rahm Emanuel is not in prison with Rezko and Blago.

That is too cool. I am guilty of never hearing of that particular model. I will look up the specs. We may need some video in motion. :-)
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

2006 Buell Firebolt XB9R... better engine, the one that Harley finally built the way Eric Buell wanted for his race bike. Folks over at the Buell forum have been helpful, same isolated group of die hard enthusiast that have a small but loyal following for a unique but extremely capable machine ... like PCX. Here is a video of my work space over the last 24 hours... what a mess!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSf28U7FktA
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

tbln930 wrote:Wow. Had not read you had pulled the trigger. Too cool. Is that the XB12R? What year is it.

It's hard to believe Rahm Emanuel is not in prison with Rezko and Blago.

That is too cool. I am guilty of never hearing of that particular model. I will look up the specs. We may need some video in motion. :-)
Please any specs you find I could use them too, I don't have a SM yet or even know what to expect for top end. I road it just long enough to know it has the potential but I don't have the skills.... if I could just find a good driver :oops:
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Great road test and all of the specs. Take it easy till you get used to it. It's a rocket.

Occam's Razor: Buell XB9R Firebolt Road Test
http://www.sportrider.com/occams-razor- ... -road-test
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

My brother has a Firebolt. Paint mixer at idle.
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

I love, love, love that yellow! Did you paint it?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Kermit wrote:I love, love, love that yellow! Did you paint it?
sendler2112 wrote:My brother has a Firebolt. Paint mixer at idle.
No body painted it sir and yes I think if you sat a can of paint on the saddle whilst idling it might mix it.
Attachments
mac6.jpg
mac6.jpg (8.61 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I wss testing the Buell in it's premier time and was not impressed. I would not say at all- as it wss surprisingly good compared to a Harley. As much as I loved the radical tank in the frame and oil in the swingarm setup as an engineer - it was underpowered and uncivilised when compared with anything in its class. Frankly I was quite surprised that you have decided to buy this against the Ducati.
Even though I'm a serius inline fan I can undertsand that the V-twin can appeal to others and both of the motors are a tick mark in that field. It is also a clearly unique bike, and most probably rarer than a Panigale nowdays - so on that feont I understand your decision. Have the must be fun owning it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oyabun wrote:it was underpowered and uncivilized when compared with anything in its class. Frankly I was quite surprised that you have decided to buy this against the Ducati.
Even though I'm a serius inline fan I can understand that the V-twin can appeal to others and both of the motors are a tick mark in that field. It is also a clearly unique bike, and most probably rarer than a Panigale nowdays - so on that front I understand your decision.
Assuming they raced bikes against bikes in the same class Eric Buell's creation was living in the winning circle making it up in weight and innovation I guess. You are right about uncivilized as I read the rider experienced things that you just didn't get with typical front brake configuration. It's a keeper and I will pass it down to my son. No one will race it again... a trophy bike, once a week blast down the highway and for the money I wont be complaining about not getting a Ducati :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

That yellow brings back memories.
What you need now homie is one of these:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (143.78 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
Quite a match 8)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (120.02 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
They Call Them "Mellow Yellow...quite rightly"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Going faster miles n'hour
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

O.K. now you sing Modern Lovers...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

These Buell's were giving the jap bikes trouble for years apparently, not sure if that's changed either. The last Buell to roll off the assembly line was only a couple three years ago. WHO KNEW? The Buell's really shine in the twisties where they were built to excel but drag doesn't look bad at all. I knew none of this when I bought it

DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by DAB »

homie wrote:These Buell's were giving the jap bikes trouble for years apparently, not sure if that's changed either. The last Buell to roll off the assembly line was only a couple three years ago. WHO KNEW? The Buell's really shine in the twisties where they were built to excel but drag doesn't look bad at all. I knew none of this when I bought it

That Buell did not have a Harley engine but a Rotax engine built in Austria, still like Buells though.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:O.K. now you sing Modern Lovers...

Loved that song.. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:These Buell's were giving the jap bikes trouble for years apparently, not sure if that's changed either. The last Buell to roll off the assembly line was only a couple three years ago. WHO KNEW? The Buell's really shine in the twisties where they were built to excel but drag doesn't look bad at all. I knew none of this when I bought it

Buells. giving Japanese bikes trouble. Are you kidding? They wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow.

Enjoy your bike because it will be fun but don't make it out to be anything other than what it is. Cheap.

For a reason.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote: Enjoy your bike because it will be fun but don't make it out to be anything other than what it is. Cheap.
For a reason.
Alright youyou, you are right... it was cheap and after being out on it all day I can't understand why :roll: but I'm thankful all the thrill is there and the title's in the glove box. Last time you have to look at it :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcP5CnjXmb8
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote: Enjoy your bike because it will be fun but don't make it out to be anything other than what it is. Cheap.
For a reason.
Alright youyou, you are right... it was cheap and after being out on it all day I can't understand why :roll: but I'm thankful all the thrill is there and the title's in the glove box. Last time you have to look at it :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcP5CnjXmb8

Didn't say I didn't want to see it...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2 wrote:O.K. now you sing Modern Lovers...
All Together is More Fun! wait, I forgot me transistor radio :D

Continue..... v

http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_R ... Roadrunner

That's a 1970 Plymouth Superbird pictured above, recognize it? Fugly looking yacht ain't it? A friend of mine had one, I never rode in it. I preferred the Real Muscle Cars. You know....

Hey sorry homie, I got taken away. Baby Boomer MC's do that to me 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You