New Honda windscreen fits my 2015 !!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

New Honda windscreen fits my 2015 !!

Post by Eiron »

I know a lot of folks here have had great luck with Givi windscreens, but the multiple negative experiences from Dave at "Just Gotta Scoot" had me looking for other options. As you know, the dealer wants $300 for the OE replacement windscreen ($325 after tax). My first-choice alternative to a factory windscreen was National Cycle, but they told me they currently have no plans to make a windscreen for the 2015 MY. Then I found Webike.com over in Japan. They did have a few Puig models, but for about the same price they also have the Honda OE tall windscreen .... for $142 ??? It seemed too good to be true. I checked the P/N of the screen they're selling (08R70-K35-J00) against the P/N listed by Honda US (08R70-K36-A00). They didn't match. :-(

But .... forum member Aberdeen Scoot posted his 2015 factory windscreen replacement here. And his P/N (08R70-K35-D00) was one number closer to matching the P/N from Webike. I began to wonder if Honda gives the same part different numbers based on intended country of sale?

Now, Webike's website says "This item can not be cancelled, returned nor exchange after placing an order." Scary stuff, considering the uncertainty of fitting my 2015. Add to that their hefty $56 shipping fee, & I started thinking twice about whether or not it was worth the risk. But a few more days of riding my PCX convinced me that I had to get some kind of windscreen. So, I emailed Webike & asked if their windscreen did, in fact, fit my 2015 PCX. After a day or two, I got an email back saying yes, it did. :-) But wait -- Aberdeen Scoot mentioned brackets, bolts, & mirror mounts. I emailed Webike again. Yes, the windscreen comes with all necessary mounting hardware! With some uncertainty still lingering, I placed my order late last Sunday night ....

The windscreen arrived this Saturday morning, less than 6 full days after placing my order! o_O

I already had plans for the day, but when I got home I was ready to install my new screen. Working very carefully (since I still wasn't sure if it would fit my 2015 scoot), it took me a little over an hour to fit. That included finding online instructions, pre-fitting the screen, adjusting the mounting brackets to flush-fit the scoot, & prepping all of the bolt threads with either Loc-tite or oil (depending on their placement).

The result is -- it fits! :D

It was too late to get pictures or take it for test ride, so that'll be tomorrow's mission!

The important thing is, if you really want a Honda OE tall windscreen for your 2015 PCX but don't want to spend $300+, Webike.com can get you one for right around $200, & have it at your door in less than a week.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Honda windscreen fits my 2015 !!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Eiron, Good job on the helpful info you provided! When you get a chance please report back on the tall Honda screen...with photos! :D (I said pleeeze)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Eiron »

Hi WhiteNoise! I can provide a little more info, but no pictures yet .... :oops:

The mounting holes of the windscreen to the body offset brackets are slightly oversized, allowing a slight amount of tilt adjustment. I initially set the windscreen as low as possible on the mounting holes. When I took it out for errands, I switched from my full-face helmet to my half helmet. At my height (5'9"+) the airflow over the top of the windscreen hit me right at eye level. I was wishing that the screen was another inch or two taller! On the MPG side (after 130+ miles into this tank), just scooting around town on errands (short trips, stop-&-go, etc), my MPG climbed from 114 to 117.

When I got home I adjusted the rear mounting holes all the way up, tilting the top edge of the screen up by maybe 1/4" to 1/2", & adding a slight amount of forward pitch. My rides since then have all been commutes to work wearing my full-face helmet, so I don't know yet if the wind is being directed above my eyes or not. I'll let you know when I find out!

Oh, one more thing: the new mirror mounting locations took a couple of tries before I got the mirrors into 'normal' viewing orientations. They're not only wider-set, but now they're farther back (closer to me) than before. That's okay; I just wasn't expecting/thinking about having to do that!
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Eiron »

More info:

After tilting the screen forward, I tried raising it up as high as it would go in all four bolt holes. There's a slight amount of difference between the three positions that I tried, but not much. I think the forward tilt might be the most effective 'deflection' position if you're under 5'9".

Overall, wind buffeting is greatly reduced, & it's already saved me from numerous 'bug hits'!

Because of the screen, MPG has improved by about 10% (11 MPG). That amounts to about $1/month in fuel cost savings, so it'll only take me 17 years (at today's gas prices) to recover the cost of the screen in fuel savings alone! :lol:

I tried posting a picture, but it's too big. I'll need to find a decent photo editor for chromebook (or edit on a different computer) before I have something the forum will accept. :geek:
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

Eiron wrote: Because of the screen, MPG has improved by about 10% (11 MPG). That amounts to about $1/month in fuel cost savings, so it'll only take me 17 years (at today's gas prices) to recover the cost of the screen in fuel savings alone! :lol:
Well worth it considering the scoot should last you twice that long!
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Great news, good on ya! I too, have marvelled at how fast Webike! ships. Of course that's why their shipping is so pricey.
As to posting pix on forums, it's far easier to use a free service like Photobucket and then simply use the linking feature to post the pix with. At that point "size doesn't matter" ;) Ride safe, Eiron!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

j.d.b. wrote:Great news, good on ya! I too, have marvelled at how fast Webike! ships. Of course that's why their shipping is so pricey.
As to posting pix on forums, it's far easier to use a free service like Photobucket and then simply use the linking feature to post the pix with. At that point "size doesn't matter" ;) Ride safe, Eiron!
Photobucket will still give you the "too big warning"......when posting here......best to download a pic resizer app free and make Em 640 x480 before you load them to PB.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi again Eiron :P here's a "how to" thread that should help with uploading your photo's: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=912
Thanks for reporting back with your findings on your Honda screen, it's one I will consider even more now.
I hope to see yours soon.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Eiron »

Thanks j.d.b., Jge64, & WhiteNoise.

I don't like using outside references only because I've had sites change protocols on me & I can no longer access my photos.
When I try to upload my pic, I get this message:
"The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high. The submitted image is 2191 pixels wide and 1889 pixels high."
I do need a decent pic editor for my chromebook anyway .... :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I've been using an app called Auto Resize. Nothing crazy, simple & very user friendly. It's one of several found when you Google: apps that resize photos
jon_l
Year: 2013
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

Great tool and ridiculously easy:

Download app, rename desktop icon to the image size you want (i.e. 1800), drag photo(s) onto icon, and done. Resized photos are in the same folder, with the "1800" added to file name, with no change to original image.

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600