Driver trying to kill a biker on video

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Driver trying to kill a biker on video

Post by GatorGreg »

Bizarre video of a crazy old coot trying to teach a biker a lesson for crossing a double line I guess - I hope he gets charged with attempted murder.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/caught-on- ... 7049539748
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Driver trying to kill a biker on video

Post by gn2 »

Attempted murder is a bit of a stretch, looks to me like he was intending to put the shits up the biker but has misjudged it.
Definitely wrong for doing it and deserves to be prosecuted.
Seems odd he was annoyed at the bike crossing the double line when that's exactly what he did too.
Ultimately the biker is responsible, if he hadn't tried to overtake at that place the incident wouldn't have happened.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

He was trying to hit them. Battery with a vehicle? Nice move gramps! He started to criticize their riding (apparently didn't like their passing). Needs to lose his license at the very least.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

The operator of the motorcycle will also likely receive some sort of fine but gramps absolutely needs to be charged and have his license taken away. There's no excuse for that sort of action. I wonder how the insurance companies will rule?

Hope the passenger recovers...
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

That is exactly why my HD video-recording is always on. I need to add one pointing backwards. Vehicular assault in my state is still a misdemeanor if the guy is sober but can land him in jail for up to two years and a nasty fine. Of course it changes to manslaughter and a felony if someone dies. Considering the intent he will need a good lawyer regardless.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

An article from the Daily Mail. Other than a helmet, the woman was not wearing proper protective gear, but injuries do not appear to be life threatening.
  • Eric Sanders and his girlfriend Debra Simpson attempted to pass two cars on a two-lane road in Texas on Sunday
  • As Sanders approached the second car, it suddenly swerved and hit the bike
  • The crash was captured on video by fellow motorcyclist Brian Fisher
  • When Fisher approached the driver he continued to say 'I don't care' before claiming that a wasp stung him
  • Simpson had to be airlifted to the ICU and suffered a broken wrist and road rash that took her arm down 'to bone and tendon'
  • Sanders said the man was not arrested at the scene but that police have since seen the video
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3p361NhCZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Since the guy crossed the double yellow he may not want to pursue charges. The insurance companies will probably sue.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Dumb & Dumber!!!
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

JohnL wrote:Dumb & Dumber!!!
Yep - that sums it up nicely - which reminds me of the classic scooter scene :D

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

No winners here, FAIL all the way around. Gramps will be joining me in anger management class after the judge sees that video.
Dumb & Dumber
Attachments
mac.jpg
mac.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

If the law played out, both should be prosecuted - minor infringement for the biker who broke the law and crossed the lines but heavy penalty for the a*hole who purposely attempted to injure the driver - they could have killed the rider and therefore should be done with attempted manslaughter. Just because you don't kill someone, if you do an action that puts someones life in danger you should be charged with that offence.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

It's never good to play traffic cop. If someone Decides to break the law, best get out of their way and let the cops deal with them.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Well, it looks like the guy will spend a bit of time in the slammer, at least until he can post bail. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state ... 36648.html

But had there not been a video, the "accident" would have just just been another blip on the news. Insurance fraudsters and things like this do make one want to have a video going at all times. Not that it will really help the motorcyclist and his passenger.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Watched the video several times and again on last nights late news.
Each time I view it I blame the biker. He made the first move. He pulled out of his lane, crossed over a double yellow line (that's a no-no) and attempts passing the front vehicle.
Now, the front vehicle knows that the Biker is doing wrong crossing a double yellow line and He wants to teach the smartarse a lesson (you know, the scare 'em tactic). It didn't go as planned, the Driver's timing was totally off as he drifts out to the biker and BOOM! they collide.
This didn't have to happen. They both broke laws. Now they pay.
The kid inside never leaves us. We look to get scorned. Why?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Penalty for crossing the double line is not death or injury intentionally inflicted. (Besides, the stupid driver is upset that the motorcycle crossed the double line, so what does he do? He also crosses the double line.)

Police are doing well so far. Citing the motorcycle rider for his violations, with the car driver sitting in jail for his much more serious alleged crimes.

In the meantime, the woman needs to get a new S.O. and should sue both the rider-operator and the driver. What a pair of dufuses.

May have to get video on my helmet; could obviously come in handy. Got hit driving a car and was able to obtain video from a business CCTV camera that established I was not at fault and that the other driver was speeding through the parking lot.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I've been living under a rock, but where I live in the midwest, I just don't see this kind of behavior from cagers. Then again, I also don't see many complete idiot bikers, either. There's another very recent story from Texas about a truck intentionally hitting a couple on a motorcycle (unfortunately, not caught on camera). Are cagers just that angry in Texas and other places?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Kermit wrote:Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I've been living under a rock, but where I live in the midwest, I just don't see this kind of behavior from cagers. Then again, I also don't see many complete idiot bikers, either. There's another very recent story from Texas about a truck intentionally hitting a couple on a motorcycle (unfortunately, not caught on camera). Are cagers just that angry in Texas and other places?
nope its not just Texas, its associated with any number of things;

over stimulated electronic lifestyle
over medicated populous suffering from un intended side effects ie (statin drugs)
dissatisfied political parties on the verge of civil unrest
world wide conflict... war and rumors of war
endless natural disaster
racial division roaring back on the heals of a failed presidency
fat angry aging America lol
etc etc etc

this is not just a Texas thing, its global and not surprising to any who have been going to Church.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Actually, having ridden a motorcycle and bicycle in several states (recreational and commuting), I can say that in this part of Texas (a little town, outside of Dallas), drivers are particularly polite and considerate. Worst drivers were in the Washington, DC, area, where I lived for many years.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Must be remembered that the biker rode into the car, not the other way round.
Had he not been accelerating so hard and used more of the road he might have had a better chance of missing the swerving car.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The laws are tough in Texas. I think that video made a huge difference.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/10/ ... ntcmp=hpff

SECoda/tbln930