WOW!!! MY FIRST SCOOTER.....

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

WOW!!! MY FIRST SCOOTER.....

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

..... out of Nine..... that the Speedometer was actually CORRECT!!!

I took a 2hr Ride yesterday with my GPS, and wanted to see how much the Speeds varied between the GPS and the Forza. The Forza was Dead-On with the GPS, up to 50mph. I haven't ridden any faster than that yet. Still in the Break-In Period, for both the Forza and myself!

Around town, the Speed Limits are 30, 35, 40, 45 & 50. Each one of those Speeds I hit yesterday, the GPS was 100% Matched with what I had on the Speedometer. AMAZING!

All of my other Scoots before the Forza, also had to be checked with a GPS, to verify how Fast I was really going, so I wouldn't get a Ticket around here. The Speed differences varied from Faster to Slower. My former Big Ruckus, for example, was off by exactly 5mph. I'd have to do 50, to actually be doing 45.

I took my Forza to the Dealer today, to have the BACKOFF Brake Light installed, and my Wife (Ride Home.....) was following me in her car on the way there. She verified my Speeds with her Speedometer.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: WOW!!! MY FIRST SCOOTER.....

Post by iceman »

I thought the PCX speedo was slightly low compared to actual speed - not checked just assumed that as many speedo's are purposely under-rated so people do not break the speed limit with the speedo reading a speed but they are going a few mph's faster (yes, people have been done for going slightly over - depends on the police and magistrates). Also, some have checked against a GPs device and reported the speedo was reading low.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

Yep, my gps matches up with the speedo on my forza accurately also. Some people have complained that the speedo is off, but according to my gps it is right on at speeds up to 70 mph.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

waybar wrote:Yep, my gps matches up with the speedo on my forza accurately also. Some people have complained that the speedo is off, but according to my gps it is right on at speeds up to 70 mph.
Good to know!

Thanks!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Mario »

Here also, 2% accurate :)

May the Forza be with you!!