Honda vision head bearing damage??

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

seanyp83
Year: 2013
Color: blue honda visi

Honda vision head bearing damage??

Post by seanyp83 »

Hello.
I purchased this Honda Vision 110 a few months ago. There is a problem with the head bearing I think?
Please see the below link:
https://youtu.be/fJTJlKeicSE

As you can see, the handle bars are turned full lock to the right, but when I lift the front end of the bike the bars fall all the way from the right lock to the left… I suspect that the head bearings are damaged (was a delivery bike before and I don't think it was looked after).
The front is wobbly when riding and I have to lean to the right as the bike pulls to the left.
I tried to tighten up the head bearing adjuster nut and this got rid of the front end wobble for a while (this did not eliminate the bike pulling to the left though) but now it has come back! I think that now the head bearing has been tightened, the bike is also now slow to reach and it feels worse than before.

What should I do please!!

Thanks

Sean
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Honda vision head bearing damage??

Post by iceman »

The video link you gave is private.
seanyp83

Post by seanyp83 »

Sorry.
I have made the video public now and you should be able to view it.

Thanks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The problem isn't solely the head bearing, looks to me like the forks, yoke, or frame are bent.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
seanyp83

Post by seanyp83 »

Really?! :cry:
Arrr man!!!!
I've taken it to 2 motorcycle mechanics in hackney London and the both fobbed me off.
Any know of a good bike mechanic in the hackney/east or north London area please?

OR could I tackle this myself? I have an old Haynes manual for a Honda ps and can see how to change the bearing.
Sent from my HTC
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Have you checked that there aren't any tight or mis-routed cables which are pulling on the steering?
If that isn't it the steering's utterly fooked.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
seanyp83

Post by seanyp83 »

Good point!!
I can see that the speed cable looks little short. I will have to check the brake cable also.
When I turn the bars to the right full lock can feel some sort of resistance (like a tensed cable).

I'll double check.
Thank you :-)
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Why not take it to a Honda dealer for assessment? It could be nothing or everything.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

seanyp83 wrote:Hello.
I purchased this Honda Vision 110 a few months ago. There is a problem with the head bearing I think?
Please see the below link:
https://youtu.be/fJTJlKeicSE

As you can see, the handle bars are turned full lock to the right, but when I lift the front end of the bike the bars fall all the way from the right lock to the left… I suspect that the head bearings are damaged (was a delivery bike before and I don't think it was looked after).
The front is wobbly when riding and I have to lean to the right as the bike pulls to the left.
I tried to tighten up the head bearing adjuster nut and this got rid of the front end wobble for a while (this did not eliminate the bike pulling to the left though) but now it has come back! I think that now the head bearing has been tightened, the bike is also now slow to reach and it feels worse than before.

What should I do please!!

Thanks

Sean
Sell it scrap it and move on.....