Oh Hellz no

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gail314

Oh Hellz no

Post by gail314 »

I came out of work today around lunch to see my scoot NOT where I parked it but rather perpendicular to the spot I parked her in.

:o :(

I go over to her and notice that she's got a scratch/scrap on her cherry red paint by the front light, the front blinker is scrapped up, the light itself is scrapped up.

Initally I thought that perhaps she fell over and some kind soul picked her up for me. Then I realized um the scraps/scratches are on the opposite side of the kickstand.

So now I am wondering did some paragon of the human race

1. hit her and then try to move her? NOT likely imo because I think there would have been more damage.
2. sit on her and then drop her. Doubtful but hey I'll throw that out there.
3. try to steal her and realized 1/2 through the process that the front wheel is locked and she's not easy to move that way.

I really don't know what happened, probably never will but my gut says it's probably 3. I think the person tried to move her and she scrapped the pole and so then he gave up?

I really hate to think that someone would steal my baby and a part of me doesn't want to ride her to work anymore. But that's a knee-jerk reaction and I can't let the dregs of society win, so weather permitting I'll be back out on her tomorrow.

I'm just so livid and I honestly feel violated.

Pictures to be attached once I get them off my phone.
My scoots: 2012 Piaggio Typhoon 125

2013 Honda PCX 125
mad trapper
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Oh Hellz no

Post by mad trapper »

That sucks. No worse feeling.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

unfortunately kids/teens take a fancy to scooters and can decide to take them or fiddle with them. Where I park at work its happened to me and other scooters. With me one of my mirrors was loosened so I had to take it off to get home. I now carry all allen keys needed to retighten anything. Yet the big 1000cc motorbikes parked in the same area dont seem to get touched so guess, they dont appeal to the kids! Im not against kids by the way as have 2 darlings of my own ;)
gail314

Post by gail314 »

I'm in the process of purchasing a lock. Heading over to Cycle Gear tonight to look into it, just waiting for my SO to arrive so we can ride together.

The bitch of it is, she was/is brand new, if anyone was going to scratch her dammit that was my right. :lol: :?

People never cease to amaze me.

2013 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ouch! Not good. The world is full of so and so's. Sorry gail, maybe just one of those cases where you were in the wrong place at the wrong time? Is this a safe area overall? Guess it doean't matter, the Damn damage is done. I'd be pissy myself and mine isn't new. I'm thinking it's #3 on your list too. When you can post those pics and let us know what lock you got. Sorry again
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Aw, that sucks! Are you filing an insurance claim for it, or going to repair it yourself? I'd check to see if your work has cameras on the lot too, that way they could bust the vandal / thief.

I've come out to kids sitting on my scooter more than once, including walking out to a dad putting his 3 year old on the seat to take a picture. Rage ensued. I wish homicide was legal sometimes.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote: I wish homicide was legal sometimes.

I think it is legal in your country as long as the other person lives in another country
gail314

Post by gail314 »

I purchased a lock/cable set and now I'm as OK as I can be providing the fools don't bring a cable cutter.

2013 Honda PCX 125
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

That's good, usually a bit of deterrent is enough.

When I used to live downtown, I'd always throw a cheap cover over the bike too. Out of sight, out of mind.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
mad trapper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mad trapper »

qed wrote:

I think it is legal in your country as long as the other person lives in another country
Some places you can kill anybody for it here.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

mad trapper wrote:
qed wrote:

Some places you can kill anybody for it here.
Thats an extra ordinary rendition of your rights