YSS shock plus more ....

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ben2talk
Year: 2015
Color: Grey/black

Re: YSS shock plus more ....

Post by Ben2talk »

Oyabun wrote:n fact the hard hits on bumps that you feel as harshness is the stock shock fully compresses and you hit the limiter.
That's just wrong. I feel harshness on bumps and ripples less than 1/2 inch high. It's just nasty. Look at reviews for Forza 125 - on Youtube, a PCX rider (5'5" woman) explains it feels much smoother and more planted on uneven roads...

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Ben2talk wrote:
Oyabun wrote:n fact the hard hits on bumps that you feel as harshness is the stock shock fully compresses and you hit the limiter.
That's just wrong. I feel harshness on bumps and ripples less than 1/2 inch high. It's just nasty. Look at reviews for Forza 125 - on Youtube, a PCX rider (5'5" woman) explains it feels much smoother and more planted on uneven roads...
Now please explain how the twice the price forza 125 comes to relation to the original shocks of the pcx?

BTW the damping force (or the lack of it on the stock suspension) does not have much to do with the size of the road irregarities, but the induced speed of wheel travel. Which is mainly relating to the spring force against damping vs. the vehicle speed and the shape of the bump.

I believe that you're more comfortable believing to a 5.5 tall attractive woman than a bearded and tattooed engineer, but i tent to know what I'm talking about.
Bidlack78
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Bidlack78 »

I just ordered the red pair with the reservoir shipped to the US $190
I did use the discount code. But I also used the cheapest shipping. So it'll be a while. But hey it's snowing so there's no real hurry.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

hatari wrote:...I think these YSS shocks look the best on a PCX...........
These are the G Plus PCX shocks for 2014+ PCX's, evidently to fit earlier versions you may have to modify the rear fender a bit for them to fit. That notwithstanding, having the gas can at the top and in symmetry with the angle of the shock looks far nicer than the G Euro assymetric look if you ask me. Where did you get these? powerbypcx.com dont stock them
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Guys, what is the difference between the Shocks Absorber YSS Hybrid White Adjustable and YSS Gas Z-Series Black Adjustable? Hybrid is oil+gas and Gas has no oil in them? The hybrids are 64 euros and gas are 109 euros, so quite a difference. Was anyone able to test them side by side?

http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/accessorie ... v2-v3.html
http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/accessorie ... v2-v3.html
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Hyadum,
As I understand the Z series has an offset body, to allow wider rear tires, and uses larger pistons a larger diameter shaft than the Hybrid.
As I uderstood that the hybrid uses the compressed gas to help the spring at least i5 seemed to do so on a video I've seen and the yss application catalogue shows a significantly weaker spring for the Hybrid.
Be careful when placing the order - mine was an XL version, but the spring rate on this one is the same as on the xxl - meaning it is very well damped, but sometimes too harsh on bumps.
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Ben2talk wrote:
No it's not wrong. The front fork locks, the rear bottoms- it does not take much, just a perpendicular ridge of quite less than 1/2 inch with square edge, at 30 Km/h. That's stock, Even G euros don't help much in this case, you need progressive valves as well, search this forum and ask oyabun. Of course if you prefer Forza then go for it, it's your wallet after all.