Honda NC700

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Honda NC700

Post by TC3 »

Nice vid...what camera was used? Get mine next Saturday and can't wait! I have a fender extender, hugger, tail tidy, crash bungs to fit and look for an exhaust just to make the bike a bit different :-)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Another irresponsible video. Luckily everybody was driving on the wrong side or there'd have been some accidents
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Tristik wrote:I figured that bike would be what I would upgrade to after 2-3 seasons on my scoot. We'll see though. That storage would be a bitch to give up.
You might be better looking at a maxi scooter like the Kymco Downtown 300i or Suzuki Burgman 400 rather than the NC700.
That 270 crank engine is really nasty, it sounds and feels like a bag of spanners being stirred with an electric drill.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

TC3 wrote:Nice vid...what camera was used? Get mine next Saturday and can't wait! I have a fender extender, hugger, tail tidy, crash bungs to fit and look for an exhaust just to make the bike a bit different :-)
Looks like a Gopro HD Hero
spongebobnopants

Honda NC700

Post by spongebobnopants »

Two gopro hero 2's and a contour roam. The hero2 has far better quality. As for storage, yes, you give up a little under the seat. But being able to open the storage after being on the bike is pretty nice. I have the full luggage set on order and am looking for a tank bag.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

I was thinking of going for the Roam but you say the Hero 2's are far better quality. Hmm.....
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

TC3 wrote:I was thinking of going for the Roam but you say the Hero 2's are far better quality. Hmm.....
Take your pick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation ... OBJ0uXoB3Y
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Clearly the Go Pro has better colours but I just can not get used to the boxy design and it wont look so good on a helmet.
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

TC3 wrote:Clearly the Go Pro has better colours but I just can not get used to the boxy design and it wont look so good on a helmet.
If you looking for something good and cheap buy a action cam 3 on amazon from about £35 to £55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kua4yP3CTM
spongebobnopants

TC3 wrote:Clearly the Go Pro has better colours but I just can not get used to the boxy design and it wont look so good on a helmet.
That's the reason I picked up the Contour Roam. Amazon also had them on special for $90 about a year ago. I couldn't pass it up. I've edited tons of raw data from these cameras and without doubt the Roam blows in comparison. In this vid the Roam was pointing backwards mounted to the rear foot peg. I had to edit the colors and sharpness to even use it in the video.

Go Pro fails with their goofy cases and mounts. Way to many parts... Each rear extended back is different. One for the wifi, One for the LCD, One for the extended battery. You need to carry a suitcase for all the cases. But they are the industry standard. If you have ever seen any of the Ken Block videos, they are all GoPro. Top Gear (U.S.version) all go pro's in the action scenes.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I've wrecked my dirt bike HARD on a GoPro2, it held up fine. The bike's clutch lever wasn't so lucky.

GoPros are awesome, I'd buy one if one of my best friends didn't let me borrow his constantly. It's a trade-off though, because he borrows my 13" macbook to do video editing. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

I signed the dotted line on a NC700S with DCT today, going to be trading in my PCX. It served me well for about a year, but honestly it was not made to do 50 miles a day, every day.
spongebobnopants

Fiah wrote:I signed the dotted line on a NC700S with DCT today, going to be trading in my PCX. It served me well for about a year, but honestly it was not made to do 50 miles a day, every day.
LOL... I did almost 100miles per day everyday it didn't rain. It paid for itself in gas savings and maint. on my cage. Kinda wishing the 700S was an option here in the U.S. I really like the looks better than the X.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Congrats Fiah when you pick it up? Get mine Saturday and cant bloody wait ! I hope they do the S eventually in USA as I move in 2 years so only get to enjoy mine for a few years
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Congrats, Fiah. The NC700 is a sweet piece of machinery.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Well here she is alongside my brothers R1. Picked up this morning and it now has 150 miles on the clock. 90% of that was on twisty country lanes and i am pretty tired after today. Perfect bike for my needs and handles very well. Got some raised eyebrows outside a pub known to bikers as i put my helmet into the storage tank :)

edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Congrat's TC3. Can you give us a regular updates on how you find the bike? Same goes for anyone else that gets any of the NC700 variants.
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

TC3 wrote:Congrats Fiah when you pick it up? Get mine Saturday and cant bloody wait ! I hope they do the S eventually in USA as I move in 2 years so only get to enjoy mine for a few years
I'm picking it up next saturday, I can't wait either! Mine is just like yours, just without the clutch ;)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Fiah wrote:
TC3 wrote:Congrats Fiah when you pick it up? Get mine Saturday and cant bloody wait ! I hope they do the S eventually in USA as I move in 2 years so only get to enjoy mine for a few years
I'm picking it up next saturday, I can't wait either! Mine is just like yours, just without the clutch ;)
Cool :-)
Fender extender and tail tidy fitted today. Rear hugger should be here soon then just need a new can and some crash bungs. The fly screen is a good improvement on the stock one believe me. So what mods if qny you planning?
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

TC3 wrote:Cool :-)
Fender extender and tail tidy fitted today. Rear hugger should be here soon then just need a new can and some crash bungs. The fly screen is a good improvement on the stock one believe me. So what mods if qny you planning?
I'm also looking at the fender extender, the spanish rear hugger and fork protectors. So far I'm not really looking for a screen. I'm probably going to want a screen or something when I get it and go for a good long high speed ride, but so far my experience with screens (and from what I've read from others) is not great. If I wanted to get some real wind protection, I would have gotten one of the used Integras. Surprisingly, one can find used Integras on sale here in Germany, but no X's or S's with DCT. Maybe I'll get a 12V socket for navigation, but in the mean time I'll make do with my cellphone.

I'll want to get some panniers as well, but I'm undecided on whether I want slim ones like the Givi E21 and keep them on the bike (for groceries and stuff), or get larger ones and only use them for touring.