Exhaust for a 2014 Honda Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

family
Year: 2014
Color: red

Exhaust for a 2014 Honda Forza 300

Post by family »

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie. I have a question?? I have a 2014 Forza and I want to put a exhaust on it. I was quoted $545 for an Arrow exhaust, and $400 for labor. Then I was told that I had to get revamped or something like that and the computer piece for that cost $278.... so my question is do anyone think that it's worth getting a new exhaust on it? Would it sound much different and ride better and/or be a little faster or something.

If this is a stupid question.... I apologize in advance. Any feed back would be welcome.

Thanks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Exhaust for a 2014 Honda Forza 300

Post by gn2 »

Won't be any faster, won't ride any better, might sound a little different.
Arrow is owned by Gianelli of Italy.
A Gianelli G4 is built to the same (fairly poor) standards as the Arrow but looks much better and is cheaper.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXHAUST-GIANN ... 1694259003
$400 labour to fit a Forza exhaust is nothing short of arse rape.
"revamped", dealer probably means "remapped" and if so its BS.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

I don't think the EFI (electronic fuel injection system) would need to be remapped. One of the advantages of EFI over carburetion is its ability to instantly adjust to climate, altitude, engine temps, and other variables. Normally, a more open intake or exhaust system would be easily compensated for by the EFI. I wouldn't spend any money on a remap unless I were racing and wanted the ultimate tuning for that job. I'd skip that on the Forza. If there's a problem you'll notice a drop in performance right away, but I'd be surprised if that happened.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
family

Post by family »

@gn2 & @montliz44 thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. They said it needs to be remapped because I'm getting an entire new exhaust, not just the slip on..... but if I do decide to go through with it will not get it remapped.

One more question?? I have no idea how different it would sound.... do you think it's worth getting and spending the money just for the sound and look, or I'm better off saving my money.

Thanks again.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

family wrote:do you think it's worth getting and spending the money just for the sound and look
Absolutely not.
Only time its worth buying a replacement exhaust is when the original is broken.
family wrote: or I'm better off saving my money.
Definitely this.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
family

Post by family »

gn2 & @montliz44 thanks again , I really appreciate it. Yall really helped me out a lot. Thanks
family

Post by family »

I just bought the Forza today, and I pick it up on Saturday. I already have a Honda grom, but I wanted something with a little more power, but I didn't want a motorcycle. My choice was between the PCX 150 or the Forza. After doing some research I was really confused, but I decided to go with the Forza.

I hope that I made the right decision lol.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

family wrote:I just bought the Forza today, and I pick it up on Saturday. I already have a Honda grom, but I wanted something with a little more power, but I didn't want a motorcycle. My choice was between the PCX 150 or the Forza. After doing some research I was really confused, but I decided to go with the Forza.

I hope that I made the right decision lol.
If you plan on doing highways then the Forza is the right choice. I think the PCX and the Grom are probably about equal on power.
family

Post by family »

The 2014 Forza that I just bought had a gad leak. Before I took it home I ask if the fuel pump recall was done, and they said yes. I even checked the vin number in Honda data bass and it said that all recalls were done. With that said, they offer to fix it (of course) or they said that I can exchange it for the 2016 PCX 150 ($1000 less) or I could get the new 2016 Forza and pay $1200 more.

My question is...if they fix the 2014 Forza will it continue to have problems or should I spent the extra $1200 for a new trouble free no recalls 2016 forza or just get the 2016 PCX for $1000 cheaper.... keep in mind that I already have a Honda Grom.

Any feed back will help. Thanks
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I wouldn't be surprised if the PCX150 accelerates faster and handles hills better than a Grom, as it's appreciably better than a CB125E 5 speed. I don't think the Grom could handle my hills and weight combined, but the PCX manages impressively well.
family

Post by family »

Let me rephrase my question and comment.

My question is...should I just keep the 2014 Forza and if they fix the 2014 Forza will it continue to have problems or should I spent the extra $1200 for a new trouble free no recalls 2016 forza or just get the 2016 PCX for $1000 cheaper.... keep in mind that I already have a Honda Grom so would it be stupid to have a Grom 125 and a PCX 150?

Thanks again...
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

fix the 14 forza, they probably just didn't get the pump gasket seated correctly.

p.s. if you got lots of cash, why not have all 3 ;)
Last edited by dasshreddar on Sat May 14, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

The leak may be down to the fuel pump recall not being done correctly. I believe other forum members have had this complaint.
If this is the case then the dealer that did the repair should be liable. I don't think Honda would be very happy if a sub standard safety recall was done.

In the UK we have a government body called VOSA. They deal with safety recalls.
A safety recall in the UK has to be done by a certified person in the dealer. They must have passed a systems or diagnosis / master tech exam and the tech has to sign a copy of the recall paperwork to say it's been done correctly.

As to wether you should by another bike then it's really up to you.
The bit about retuning the control unit sounds like crap to me. The ECU will adapt itself to a certain extent so wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Sent from my iPad
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

As I recall the pump seals are very difficult to get seated correctly.
I waited till the local dealer had dona a few before taking mine in.
Since the pump recall my 2013 Forza has had the following replaced under warranty:
one new rear disc and pads
two brake light switches
one waterpump mechanical seal
two clutch bearings
And now there's the brake line recall waiting to be done.

The silencer gasket is blowing again, its had four of them so far, not covered by warranty.
The centrestand is seizing up yet again, no provision made for easy lubrication
The rear brake caliper has never released fully, even when new.
To get at it for checking and servicing involves disassembling the exhaust and inner heat shield
Sometimes the fuel flap flies open and won't stay shut, other times it simply won't open

Loved it when new but after 28000 miles in almost three years could I recommend a Forza 300?

No.
family

Post by family »

@GN2 Do you think that all of these issues was fixed on the new 2016 Forza??
family

Post by family »

Because I have a choice to either pay more for a 2016 Forza or either get a 2016 PCX 150.... what would you recommend??

Thanks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

family wrote:@GN2 Do you think that all of these issues was fixed on the new 2016 Forza??
I doubt it, however any major issues should be sorted under warranty, but its a p.I.t.a. having to take it in for work.
One of the main reasons I bought the Forza was the low maintenance requirement / long service interval meant it should only have needed to be in the shop one or two days a year, but it has spent weeks off the road.
I will not buy another Thai built Honda.
family

Post by family »

"The silencer gasket is blowing again, its had four of them so far, not covered by warranty"

Is that because the warranty expired or that certain part of the bike was never under warranty?
family

Post by family »

So would you get the 2016 PCX 150 over the 2016 Forza 300 or neither? BTW..... I live in the USA (Washington, DC area)

Thanks,
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

That gasket is a consumable so not warrantied.
I would not buy a PCX I would buy an Nmax.