Service @ 4000 kms

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Service @ 4000 kms

Post by FritzPinguin »

Just had my PCX150 in for the service at 4000 kms. It was a pleasant experience, absolutely. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes, including the valve check, oil change, oil filter cleaning, air filter cleaning, and everything. The shock came with the bill: 230 Baht! I had to pay for the oil (210 Baht) and the gasket (20 Baht), that's it.
I did not bother to go to the shop where I bought the bike (would have been a ride of about 25 kms), but went to the Honda Dealer around the corner from where I am living. Oh yes, the coffee was also not too bad :D

P.S.: 1 Euro ~ 40 Baht, 1 US$ ~ 30 Baht, 1 £ ~ 50 Baht.
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Service @ 4000 kms

Post by Taz »

20 minutes? You could get a Thai massage whilst you wait...Great price by the way. Think I will retire to Thailand!
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

:?
You can't do a valve check in 20 minutes, it's impossible. Plus, for a valve check to be of any good the engine must be cold so you would have to leave the scoot with them for several hours before they began work on it (preferably over night)..

What gasket? I can't think of any that would need to be changed - the oil cleaner/mesh/filter has a reusable one, as does the valve cover. The oil plug gasket maybe, but they should last 2 or 3 oil changes unless the plug has been over tightened at some point.

You don't clean the air filter - if it's dirty replace it otherwise replace as specified in the owner manual service intervals.

I would check that they actually bothered to change your oil, and if they did, what with.
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

edscoot wrote::?
You can't do a valve check in 20 minutes, it's impossible. Plus, for a valve check to be of any good the engine must be cold so you would have to leave the scoot with them for several hours before they began work on it (preferably over night)..
I agree. But I have seen the guy stripping the bike down so he could get to the engine. The garage is about 200 meters from my home, so maybe he thought the engine was cool enough for the check.
The oil plug gasket maybe, ...Correct, that's the one they replaced.
You don't clean the air filter
Well - he checked it, maybe no replacement. But anyway, yes I saw the oil going in, it was some 4T 10W-30 Multigrade MW from a Honda-labelled bottle.
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)