Saeng Microswirl --- Anybody use it?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Saeng Microswirl --- Anybody use it?

Post by Dustoff66 »

I recently had to go back to my Ermax +25 screen after a bolt hole broke on my tall Givi. The wind noise and buffeting is really bad even in town at 35mph. Has anyone used the Saeng edging and if so, what do you think about it? At $14.90 a foot I'd love to see some reviews before I spend that much. Thanks!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Saeng Microswirl --- Anybody use it?

Post by Mel46 »

I read some good reviews on a different forum. I had really thought about doing that to my bike as well but I have the tall windshields on both bikes right now. Our mid height Givi is stored away, but if I had to reinstall it I would love to try it. I believe that you have to purchase a minimum of 3 feet of that microswirl. If you have some left let me know. I may purchase the remainder from you to try on mine, if you wanted to get rid of it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by Richard »

Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

mel46 ---- Thanks, as always, for your insight. I'll certainly contact you with any extra length I may have. Just awhile ago I got a formerly used open face helmet out of the attic -- it has a flip down full face shield -- I used it before I got cute and got one with the shield that just flips down over the eyes with a little lever. Anyway, I took a short ride and the buffeting/noise is a whole lot less even at 58mph. I may go with cheapo earplugs and that helmet for awhile just to see if I'm comfortable. But if I order the Saeng stuff I'll keep you posted. Thanks again from a busted up old geezer!
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

Here's one of my former postings re a tall windscreen and the Saeng Microswirl edging:

Here are the upgrades to my 2015 PCX150 that have made the scooter a much more enjoyable / practical ride:

http://johnnysstuffblog.blogspot.com/20 ... rades.html

Givi D1130ST TALL Windscreen (Purchased from Tour and Ride....Givi's USA online store)......This tall windscreen works fairly well as is,
but it still has some wind noise and helmet buffeting, so I tried a couple of upgrades. At first, I installed a 10 inch Universal Laminar Lip.
That provided some improvement.....but mostly in the center 10 inches of the screen....and the fit to my D1130ST was not ideal, so I sent
the Lip back for a refund. Then I purchased 3 feet of Saeng's Micro Swirl edging (see pics) for about $45. That made a significant improvement,
reducing wind noise and buffeting from the top AND the sides of the screen. Without the edging, the air stream hits the center of my helmet
visor and about 2 inches from the sides of my helmet. With the edging, the air stream barely hits the top of my helmet and is about 4 or 5
inches away from the sides of my helmet. Much quieter and smoother airflow behind the screen ! NOTE: I DON'T THINK THAT THIS EDGING
WOULD BE VERY EFFECTIVE FOR LOWER LEVEL WINDSCREENS. With the D1130ST windscreen, I'm JUST looking over the top of the screen,
so the effect of the edging is maximized. For reference, I'm 5 feet - 10 inches tall....but long waisted. A rider of similar height who is not long
waisted should get an even better improvement than I did.

Hope this helps
Johnny
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

Thanks, jblye! The Ermax isn't nearly as tall as the tall Givi as you know, so maybe the Saeng won't be a good buy. I went back out this afternoon with earplugs. Vive la différence! So quiet, could barely hear the engine but the horns and sirens were fine.
That makes 4 outings in the 2 days I've been back on the road since my injuries. The BW ( Beautiful Wife ) says I'm back with my old girlfriend and could I please find time to mow the grass.
ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by ScooterAddict »

I've been reading these posts about buffeting and what to do. I read about Saeng micro edging and I also went to their site. Then today I had this big "I can't believe it!" I bought a new tool box (tamale wagon size) and quickly transferred everything from the old box. A couple of weeks later I was sorting through it getting rid of stuff I was saving. (I'm a packrat) Today I just realized I threw out about 30" of Saeng edging. When I picked it up while sorting, I said to myself "what the hell am I saving this for?" Not knowing what it was. I had taken this off a BMW I had about 15yrs ago. Moral of the story, don't throw anything out, you may need it before you die!!
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh - My - Gosh!
Why do things like that happen? And to each one of us, Sooner or Later?
After holding onto items for "x" amount of time, I too have tossed stuff out only to find I need it
a week later, and Sometimes sooner! :x
It's then you start to thinking, "I never do that, why did I?" Yer Face gets twisted. "Why? that's Not me!"
I'm gonna say it....... "Sucks, don't it?"

(Hours go by, I say to me, "Are ya sure it's not in the garbage still? Go look! It might be out there! Like an arse, I go look. Self inflicted Disappointment.) :(

Sorry ScooterAddict
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You