If I won the lottery...

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

DixiePaddler

If I won the lottery...

Post by DixiePaddler »

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: If I won the lottery...

Post by gn2 »

If you won the lottery you could afford a few decent machines instead of that fraud of a thing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:If you won the lottery you could afford a few decent machines instead of that fraud of a thing.
:roll:
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

If the the BMW was a reasonable price then I'd be interested. But I think they must be relying on their customer base coming from lottery winners :? There can't be many people prepared to fork out that amount of cash for one. On the plus side, second hand values may be very low like the Piaggio MP3 and Gilera Fuoco - you can hardly give those away, though perhaps for different reasons.
DixiePaddler

Post by DixiePaddler »

gn2 wrote:If you won the lottery you could afford a few decent machines instead of that fraud of a thing.
Uh oh... a good-looking Deutsche Dud?
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

You must have to be daft to spend that much on a scooter me thinks!
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Not my cup of tea, either. Too heavy and bulky to be an effective scooter in the city, and if I wanted a BMW (which I would do want, love them) and GT, I would put my eyes on a proper BMW GT bike. After all, money would not be a problem if I won the lottery ;) .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

DixiePaddler wrote:
Not really German, mostly Taiwanese.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DixiePaddler

Post by DixiePaddler »

gn2 wrote:
DixiePaddler wrote:
Not really German, mostly Taiwanese.
Interesting... and good to know. Thanks all for the honest input.

Not that the PCX would be replaced by another scooter anyway, did a 70+ mile beach cruise this past Saturday with a couple of Burgman riders. One cool thing I noticed was the high percentage of Harley and cruiser riders who returned a wave, even initiated a few as well. Even though there are still a number of old grizzlies out there, scooter riders seem to be increasingly accepted. Hopefully y'all are experiencing the same.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The Harley riders wave? Even when you overtake them?
rainburg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rainburg »

I find the cruisers are the most likely to wave. The sport bikes, rarely. Other scooter riders....maybe not at all. Interestingly enough, my husband gets more waves when riding the PCX than when riding the Burgman.

I have also found that the PCX is a babe magnet....and by that I mean children. Often I'm approached by moms and young children who are fascinated by my scooter/motorcycle. My guess is that they are interested in motorcycles, and that I'm more approachable than the average leather covered Harley rider. Has anyone else had that experience?
2011 Honda PCX, 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
2 Honda Civics, 5 bicycles and 1 more on order
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Lots of people wave around here. I get less waves from Vespas and sportbikes than Harleys or Cruisers...

Actually, I was up in Chattanooga last weekend at the Hill On Wheels scooter rally. Me and the dog left to go home, and were filling up at a gas station when a whole pack of Harley riders on HUGE 1400cc+ Harley cruisers rolled in. They talked to me for at least 10 minutes, then asked if I was traveling south. Apparently, they were going south past Atlanta (my exit is north of Atlanta), so they all rode with me. The gnarliest looking dude with a HUGE beard rode first, me next, then at least 15 Harleys after me in a staggered formation. We rode like that for about 2 hours before I left formation for my exit. They were all really nice folks...

I should note that all the Harley riders were OOOLLD. Like GN2 old. :lol: They probably were just thrilled to see a kid out having fun on a bike, and were in it for the fun of the ride -- not to look tough.

Back on topic though, I would only buy a BMW bike if I won the lottery too. And it'd be a new GS800. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
DixiePaddler

Post by DixiePaddler »

Way cool... and agree on bike choice.

A good friend of mine in Columbia, SC (fellow Gamecock) is looking to get a commuter (he's got a custom that sucks fuel). I recommended the 150... he's been researching http://www.vectrix.com/index.php
DixiePaddler

Post by DixiePaddler »

maddiedog wrote:Lots of people wave around here. I get less waves from Vespas and sportbikes than Harleys or Cruisers...

Actually, I was up in Chattanooga last weekend at the Hill On Wheels scooter rally. Me and the dog left to go home, and were filling up at a gas station when a whole pack of Harley riders on HUGE 1400cc+ Harley cruisers rolled in. They talked to me for at least 10 minutes, then asked if I was traveling south. Apparently, they were going south past Atlanta (my exit is north of Atlanta), so they all rode with me. The gnarliest looking dude with a HUGE beard rode first, me next, then at least 15 Harleys after me in a staggered formation. We rode like that for about 2 hours before I left formation for my exit. They were all really nice folks...

I should note that all the Harley riders were OOOLLD. Like GN2 old. :lol: They probably were just thrilled to see a kid out having fun on a bike, and were in it for the fun of the ride -- not to look tough.

Back on topic though, I would only buy a BMW bike if I won the lottery too. And it'd be a new GS800. :D
Wish you got pictures of that parade!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote:Like GN2 old. :lol:
If you're lucky you'll be my age one day.
Youth, it's wasted on the young.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

gn2 wrote:Youth, it's wasted on the young.
Ah, I disagree. Wasted on many, not on me. I have much fun, and no regrets. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Good man, proud of you (or should that be boy?) :lol:
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Had a spare hour or two in Canberra and happened on a BMW bike dealer. They had both the 600 and 650 scooters there. I actually felt more comfortable on the 600. But cant justify the price. Also a dealer next door and tried a kymco 300i, a TGB a Scarabeo etc and none as comfy as the bmw. No new Sym 400 anywhere though which is the one I wanted to see.