Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Re: Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Pat Anderson wrote:
All Forzas are 2014, aren't they?
I have a '15
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

To Pat Anderson, Did you pay that silly introductory really high price that the Forza had when it came out?

The Forza is really just a 250 scooter made by everybody in China.

Mine was made in June 2013.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:
Pat Anderson wrote:
I have a '15
Is the '15 & '16 both identical to the '14? Or are there minor differences? Less errors?

So in one way they are all '14's.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Pat Anderson wrote:
I have a '15
What is your manufacturing month/year according to your VIN plate attached under the left locking glove box?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

davenowherejones wrote:The Forza is really just a 250 scooter made by everybody in China
Officially they are made in Thailand, but many of the components will probably be manufactured in China.

Regarding engine size, the Forza is the lowest powered "300" maxi scooter from the big name brands.

Forza 24
Kawasaki 28
Kymco 29
Sym 29
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Some parts are indeed "Made in China", some others "Made in Thailand" and last third "Made in Japan". As for the engine power, that's 19kW. > 25hp. Hence the >300km with 11,5lt of gasoline!
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

davenowherejones wrote:
Pat Anderson wrote:
I have a '15
What is your manufacturing month/year according to your VIN plate attached under the left locking glove box?
My manufactured date is 12/14
Only difference between a 2014 and 2015 model is no recalls on 2015 models.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: ...

Post by gn2 »

DioTiAma wrote:As for the engine power, that's 19kW. > 25hp. Hence the >300km with 11,5lt of gasoline!
Stand corrected, however 25 is still less than the competitors all of which can manage similar fuel economy.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
oliver
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by oliver »

Pat Anderson wrote:I would be very interested to see where you think you can get a new 2014 Forza for $2,999 in the US. Post a link to some dealer with that price. I would believe $4,999 or even $3,999 but not $2,999.
I got my 2014 almost exactly one year ago and paid $4100 (plus "prep"/delivery/tax)... the same dealer still shows one left at $3999.
Pat Anderson
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by Pat Anderson »

davenowherejones wrote:To Pat Anderson, Did you pay that silly introductory really high price that the Forza had when it came out?
I am pleading the Fifth Amendment on that one! ("I refuse to answer on the grounds that my answer may tend to incriminate me.") It seemed like a good idea at the time. I had to wait quite a while before my local dealer (Issaquah, WA) could even get ahold of an ABS Forza.
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Red 2014 Forza 300 ABS (scoot is FOR SALE!)
White 2015 PCX150 (Pat's scoot)
Red 2013 PCX150 (Patty's scoot)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Pat Anderson wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:To Pat Anderson, Did you pay that silly introductory really high price that the Forza had when it came out?
I am pleading the Fifth Amendment on that one! ("I refuse to answer on the grounds that my answer may tend to incriminate me.") It seemed like a good idea at the time. I had to wait quite a while before my local dealer (Issaquah, WA) could even get ahold of an ABS Forza.
Our local dealers wanted to add about $2000 in extras to make it a really, really expensive 250 class scooter. (prep, assembly, delivery, paperwork, 7% sales tax, 7% GST (tax) + plate+ insurance and others (battery charge, tire charge))
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

davenowherejones wrote:
Pat Anderson wrote:
Our local dealers wanted to add about $2000 in extras to make it a really, really expensive 250 class scooter. (prep, assembly, delivery, paperwork, 7% sales tax, 7% GST (tax) + plate+ insurance and others (battery charge, tire charge))
Battery and tyre charge? Are they not part of the scoot and should be ready to go!!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Our tax hungry corrupt BC, Canada government has a battery environmental tax and a tire disposal tax. They want to add a Carbon Tax for any pollution we will create with our heavily taxed gasoline. We also have to pay tax on the tax.

When I die they can tax my ass because I intend to die penniless.

Buying a tire later today and I expect to pay 4 different taxes at least.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SteveP »

There's a ire disposal tax (think they call it a "fee") here in Illinois, USA. I find it irritating but at the same time probably necessary, as it is costly to recycle/dispose of them and they do pose an environmental hazard when just thrown out.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SteveP wrote:There's a ire disposal tax (think they call it a "fee") here in Illinois, USA. I find it irritating but at the same time probably necessary, as it is costly to recycle/dispose of them and they do pose an environmental hazard when just thrown out.

Which charging a tax might cause?
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SteveP »

SteveP wrote:There's a ire disposal tax (think they call it a "fee") here in Illinois, USA. I find it irritating but at the same time probably necessary, as it is costly to recycle/dispose of them and they do pose an environmental hazard when just thrown out.
you you wrote:

Which charging a tax might cause?
Yes, but only for those changing their own tires and who don't give a damn. Rationally speaking, if you spend $90 for a large scooter tire, why refuse to pay a $2 disposal fee on it? Of course the key word there is "rational"!
macawmatt
Color: Red

Post by macawmatt »

We are going to look at a Forza on Friday. Wife wants to get on two wheels and isn't ready to shift, just glad that I am not the only one to laugh when she explains that.

One dealer lists it at $3999 before fees, other is still showing standard MSRP.
Tbone4855

Post by Tbone4855 »

She'll love it. ...I do.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

macawmatt wrote:We are going to look at a Forza on Friday. Wife wants to get on two wheels and isn't ready to shift, just glad that I am not the only one to laugh when she explains that.

One dealer lists it at $3999 before fees, other is still showing standard MSRP.
Is she a brand new rider? The Forza is pretty big and quite heavy at 428 pounds.

I would suggest new riders start off on a used 49cc scooter till they are bored and then move up to a maxi-scooter.
macawmatt

Post by macawmatt »

She isn't a "new" rider, though its been probably 15+ years since she was last on one as a driver.

I know about buying into what is probably too big for your first bike, honestly did that myself. I am watching her on the ones we looked at in town, wouldn't let her get something bigger then I think she could handle.