Wing Mirror Thread

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

mrdtrotter
Year: 2015
Color: black

Wing Mirror Thread

Post by mrdtrotter »

Bit boring and probably on here somewhere but just want to confirm with a trusted source that our wing mirror threads are definitely 10mm. Looking for some slimmer replacements if anyone has any suggestions too :-)
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Re: Wing Mirror Thread

Post by JohnL »

Mirrors 2.jpg
Mirrors 2.jpg (162.32 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
I have these fitted to my PCX and think they're great. Slightly less vision than the standard mirrors, but if you use your neck as any motorcyclist should, you won't have any safety issues.

Magazi Tulip chrome universal motorcycle scooter mirrors
Item Number MG-1876-Tulip-chrome $49.00 USD

(kiwavinternational@gmail.com)

Price may have changed as I bought them 12 months ago.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

mrdtrotter wrote:Bit boring and probably on here somewhere but just want to confirm with a trusted source that our wing mirror threads are definitely 10mm. Looking for some slimmer replacements if anyone has any suggestions too :-)
They are 10mm posts. Not sure of the thread pitch, but 10mm mirrors off a Yamaha vt650 fit perfectly.

They are reverse threaded
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
mrdtrotter
Color: black

Post by mrdtrotter »

Thanks for the replies. So in theory any 10mm left hand thread mirrors should fit even if I need to trim the thread. I like the mirrors John but I am after some that are slimmer than the grips as I need to get the bike up an alleyway and currently have to fold in and then reset the mirrors every time I put it away and get it out.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

actually, any right hand thread mirrors will fit. see, Honda fitted left hand thread mirrors to it, but the receivers in the handlbars are right hand threaded, so they use an adapter to reverse the receivers. They also raise the mirrors by about an inch.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Draugnar
Color: Candy Red

Post by Draugnar »

I know this is an older post but in case someone else comes looking, I replaced mine in a desire to be safer and more visible to others.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

They look great even on a scooter and the turn signals and running lights seriously improve visibility.

Install was very straight forward. Ground to frame/handlebars, and vampire tapped hot to each of the existing turn signal wires coming off the handlebar controls.
Attachments
scooter mirrors.png
scooter mirrors.png (498.1 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Wish the mirror thread was reverse on the rhs as wind will tighten the lhs morror but can over time loosen the rhs one - would have made more sense for wind resistance pressing on the mirrors to always be a 'tightening' force rather than pushing open the rhs one - if that makes sense :)

Had my rhs mirror come loose whilst riding, in part due to the cover going on and off and winds, and in part dur to winds then adding the any possible loosening of the thread. Suppose I could use blue locktite of such.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

honkerman wrote:They are 10mm posts. Not sure of the thread pitch, but 10mm mirrors off a Yamaha vt650 fit perfectly.

They are reverse threaded
Normal thread pitch for M10 is 1,25 mm and if it is fine thread the pitch will be 1.0 mm
Kilgor270
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze Metallic

Post by Kilgor270 »

Draugnar wrote:I know this is an older post but in case someone else comes looking, I replaced mine in a desire to be safer and more visible to others.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

They look great even on a scooter and the turn signals and running lights seriously improve visibility.

Install was very straight forward. Ground to frame/handlebars, and vampire tapped hot to each of the existing turn signal wires coming off the handlebar controls.
Do you have any photos of your final result with the lighted mirrrors? I'd love to do this to my 2019 PCX-150 but am unsure of the 9 vs 10mm for that year?