Finally a new owner to a White PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Finally a new owner to a White PCX

Post by Cracksta »

Hi guys,

Seems like a while but i finally sold my gixer 600 a few days ago and went and ordered a White 2012 62 reg PCX. It will be delievered sometime tomorrow :)

I believe i got a good deal, paid £2300 brand new when most were going for £2k-£2.1 used so might as well fork out the extra mile for a new one. Only thing I'm disappointed was this didnt come with the 'eSP' engine and was told its only available in the Red until Honda officially unveils it next year, so all the 2013 PCX should have the eSP engine. Not such a biggy but a bit disappointing none the less.

I'm sure you all know what a White PCX looks like but I'll try post some pictures after its been washed n waxed up :)

PS: Does anyone know the deals with self-service and warranty? I can service it myself but if it goes bang for whatever reason ( someone had a transmission problem replaced by Honda under warranty) I want to beable to claim the warranty rather them wigglying out of it.

Thanks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Finally a new owner to a White PCX

Post by gn2 »

Cracksta wrote:PS: Does anyone know the deals with self-service and warranty?
For the definitive answer you need to get something in writing from Honda.
Under UK consumer law if you have the vehicle serviced to the manufacturers schedule using the correct parts and the work is done by a VAT registered business, the manufacturer must honour the warranty.
If you do the servicing yourself the legal position would be that it is at the discretion of Honda whether or not they honour the warranty.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

When push comes to shove I guess it would depend on the nature of the warranty problem too.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

Well, here she is, received today:

One thing I am pissed about is there an inch long scratch on it from new, possibly done during it being delivered, called them up but they said they'll need it in the dealer to fix. I'm going to call them again tomorrow to speak with the guy who sold it to me, bit of a inconvience for me to ride 20ish miles just to fix this since its their fault. Perhaps some money off or send me the replacement panel so I can change this myself??

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats! I just love the White :D sad they didn't bring White in the 150 here in the states...(imo) it really pops out on the road (that and my FF white hat).
:x About the scratch...what's with these dealerships today? Mine was delivered with hairline scratches all over the smoke screen! Nothing like wiping the grit on the screen "Into" the screen! I called my dealer too (more than an hour away), he told me the same, bring it in.....and I replied as you did. Never resolved because I knew I was changing the screen out for a Givi right away. Still, it's not fair to the consumer. Why should you or I have to go out of our way for their negligence? Call your local "better business bureau" or quickly.... :x Rent a bar bouncer and go kick some ass :x (then again, If you want them to service your scoot? Swallow and bring it in). Sucks right? They took the Full enjoyment out of a very happy delivery day!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

Yea, I really can't be bothered to ride an hour to get the scratched fixed, it looks a bit better after I've waxed her up.

There are a few more scratches not obvious but still annoyed, my standards aren't that high!

Will ask for some money back and see what they will say.

Other than that, does your pcx vibrate a lot around the wing mirrors when it's idling on the centre stand? Just looks bit strange, the exhaust fumes didn't smell that petrolly, so that's what a new engine smells like lol
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

That panel in your pics is an absolute bastard to change. Unless you have experience doing this sort of thing leave it to them to change. You have to remove most of the other panels before you can remove this one, so maybe you can get them to change the others at the same time.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I wonder if car scratch removal liquid will work on a plastic panel, eg Quixx. It claims to be also Ok for bikes and Jetskis.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Very tricky panel I agree. Demand they pay fuel both ways to and from dealer and let them put it right. Why recieve a marked item when you paid for new. I prefer to pick my bikes up due to chan es of damage in transist.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

fuel cost is nothing on the PCX, more of my time wasted on this.

I'll see what they'll do, worst case is i'll have to ride it an hour to get there for them to put right.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

I got a reply from them, said they ordered a replacement panel and will replace it when i come for the first service (cheek!) or before that. I probably will just go back and get it serviced even though i said I'll do it myself Doh!

Anyway, a mini review on the PCX:

I took it out this afternoon to ride to my parents which was approx 20 miles round trip, sods law 5 mins down the road and its was pouring :(, my first thoughts are the PCX is slooooow but this most likely because i'm running the engine in and not actually twisting it much lol. It kept with traffic fine but i felt a bit more oomph is needed (after first service i guess).

Bike seems to turn alot better than my last bike, very nimble and seems chuckable around the corners though I wasnt really leaning on purpose. Its quiet, smooth, stop starts works well, thought it needs to be warmed up before it works but let it idle for 2 mins, rode it down to the first set of lights and it worked straight away.

My thought are, i like this bike, looks great, i feel a little intimidated as I cant pull away as quick as I want to but again i'm trying to baby the engine for now, book says 300 miles for break-in, someone at Honda said until after the first service.

Ps: At one point, i thought i had no break fluid at the front as the liquid was quite clear and completly filled, I think i was expecting used engine oil color lol
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Cracksta wrote: my first thoughts are the PCX is slooooow but this most likely because i'm running the engine in and not actually twisting it much lol. It kept with traffic fine but i felt a bit more oomph is needed (after first service i guess).
Your first impression is spot-on, the PCX is slow.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

lol, actually it seems better now, rode 2 up today though its slow, it took us to places fine and stability seems to be quite good enough when the tires are still brand new lol.

Still cant full throttle it yet, take a little getting use to but its a great machine!

Next on the shopping list in a few weeks time is the Givi short screen and white Givi E300 topbox!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Cracksta wrote:Still cant full throttle it yet
Yes you can, go on, just do it, you know you want to... 8)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

gn2 wrote:
Cracksta wrote:Still cant full throttle it yet
Yes you can, go on, just do it, you know you want to... 8)
x2.
I full throttled it within 15 minutes of its first ever ride. Was still going strong when i sold it.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

The problem isn't full-throttling it during break-in, the problem is sustained full-throttling at break-in. Most of the break-in is done in the factory anyways.

You should be perfectly fine to ride it like you stole it, as long as you're ALWAYS varying the throttle. Your right hand should never stop twisting one way or another until after break-in (the key to a good break-in isn't being easy on the engine, it's constant varying of RPMs so that the piston doesn't notch the cylinder walls from the same movement at the same RPM).
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes