LOOKING FOR BRIGHT LED LIGHTS FOR DRIVING LIGHTS

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: LOOKING FOR BRIGHT LED LIGHTS FOR DRIVING LIGHTS

Post by Mel46 »

I finally was able to get the lights connected like maddiedog. Unfortunately I couldn't get to the wires where they connect to the ignition so I wired them through a switch straight to the battery, and when someone at the dealer test rode it they accidentally turned them on and left them on after turning off the ignition. It took all of 10 minutes to completely drain the battery. They had to jump start my bike from a battery pack they keep at the shop. I will either have to find out how to connect through the ignition or make it harder to accidentally flip the light switch. Otherwise, the lights are great!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

maddiedog wrote:
cessna151 wrote:Would be nice to know if the new 2015 pcx led headlights could be retrofitted.
Doubtful. The reflectors are different, so even if you could transplant the bulbs and their mounts, they wouldn't project properly.

This is a post I made in another thread:
maddiedog wrote:Don't bother with HIDs, get foglights!

^ Those foglights are each TWICE as powerful as the stock high beams. I have two of them. They're cheap too, here's the ones I ordered (I ordered two, one for each side of the wheel): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRISB78
How did you mount these? Any pictures of how you mounted them?

Rick
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Now that I have had the LED lights on my bike for quite awhile now, I love where they are situated and the fact that I hooked them up directly. I solved the problem of people accidentally turning them on by drilling a very small hole all the way through the switch and inserting a safety pin through it.

The lights themselves are mounted where the side reflectors were by the front wheel. There are two ways to mount them.
The first is to get long bolts with multiple locking nuts to run through the holes where the reflectors had been, after removing the reflectors and their holders. One locking nut would lock the bolt against the fender anchor point that the reflectors used. Another locking nut would be used on each side of the new light, where the bolt went through it. You can adjust and tighten as necessary to adjust its position.
The second way, which is what I did, is to build an adjustable platform. I can't really explain that to you because it has an adjustable swing arm that I had to think about before creating.
Here is a picture of one of them installed.
20160809_123318.jpg
20160809_123318.jpg (224.28 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

dustin91 wrote:Here's the original link - you can contact the seller to see if he'll ship overseas: http://bit.ly/W1fyWG

My mistake though, these aren't LED's!
I have those prosense bulbs, quite impressed with them. Bright white with just a slight hint of blueness, they make the stockers look dull and yellowish
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Thanks Mel46!