300 forza oil loss out of dipstick

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Azrof
Year: 2014
Color: red

300 forza oil loss out of dipstick

Post by Azrof »

kept seeing wet area on side and under engine. o ring looks flattened and obviously not sealing
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: 300 forza oil loss out of dipstick

Post by davenowherejones »

Probably the water pump seal. A lot of Forzas have that problem including mine. Honda defective assembly that they don't want to do anything about.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Cf. pp. 9-8 through 9-10 of the shop manual.

If I have to do anything about this, I will likely use a high-temp form-a-gasket compound.

I find myself thinking more and more in terms of cheap, non-OEM fixes on this scoot.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mine has had a waterpump mechanical seal replacement under warranty and no longer leaks coolant from there.
The dipstick seal on mine also mists some oil but not enough to drip.
Clean everything off thoroughly and you'll soon find out where the leak(s) are coming from.

Gasket compounds are of no use in either case, a dipstic seal is pennies and a mechanical seal is not prohibitively expensive.
Not a very difficult job to replace them, but a p.i.t.a. because you need to drain the coolant and oil.
The part numbers are here: http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces- ... 0+ABS.html

Mechanical seal (part number 5) failure identifiable by a coolant leak from the weep hole on the underside of the waterpump cover (part number 6)
If oil is leaking from that hole, you need the oil seal (part number 18)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong