Terrible Yuminashi customer service experience

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Terrible Yuminashi customer service experience

Post by homie »

It's going down!!!!!

dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

dasshreddar wrote:

If you can, do a engine swap... by extending the frame(engine mount) the stock pcx panels probably could remain stock maybe???
Uhh duh :roll: extending the engine mount would mean the rear engine mount (shocks) would be behind the taillight(stock configuration) :lol: nice try ;)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

It looks like Yuminashi has lost two sales over this thread.
Hopefully Reggy, Baron and Caesar can sort their customer service problems and resume fulfilling correct orders again soon.
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black/Grey

Post by JaeMelo »

Make that 3 if I don't receive tracking numbers by the 30th of this month. I've already disputed my case with PayPal, so come the 30th if still nothing, the cases will be escalated.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

JaeMelo wrote:Make that 3 if I don't receive tracking numbers by the 30th of this month. I've already disputed my case with PayPal, so come the 30th if still nothing, the cases will be escalated.
If I may be so bold, what and when did you order?
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black/Grey

Post by JaeMelo »

chicaboo wrote:
JaeMelo wrote:Make that 3 if I don't receive tracking numbers by the 30th of this month. I've already disputed my case with PayPal, so come the 30th if still nothing, the cases will be escalated.
If I may be so bold, what and when did you order?
Here is a screenshot of both orders. My orders may not have been in as long as you guy's, especially my second; however the fact that one of you are 2 months out on an order somewhat bothers me. I don't have nearly that level of patience (Props to the OP) especially when the "Usually ships in 1 week" is mentioned under all of the "alleged" in stock items. Furthermore, getting in contact with anyone at Yuminashi let alone receiving a response seemed unnecessarily difficult/unacceptable. Neither of the two phone numbers I've seen floating around worked for myself. Surprisingly though, in the beginning I received a response quickly from the embedded website chat support regarding a parts order clarification. After the payment was made things went awfully silent. The next time I received a response regarding my order delay was on the 11th of September after the 3rd consecutive Facebook message when I threatened to file a PayPal dispute...

I really don't enjoy being "that guy" but it seems like that is the only thing that gets any type of communication going again. ]
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Update
I've been contacted yesterday evening by Yuminashi.
The representative hasn't even used any name - just signed as "Masato Yuminashi inc" which I made some fun of - and I'm afraid he could be only a hired hand. I wrote afraid, because he's got a good command of the English language and for the first time he seemed to be reasonable.
By now he claimed that only the camshaft is missing (interestingly previously the cylinder was claimed to be out of stock) and offered a kind of resolution which was very close to be acceptable (send the parcel without the cam within 3 days, and supply the missing parts later whenever it becomes available - but no refunds and no commitment on availability). I don't really like the idea of taking apart the whole bike one more time just to install a cam so it does not seem to be acceptable, but at least we're communicating.
As BPT was a godsend, and offered his Yumi cam on his cost I do not need a cam from Yuminashi I offered a partial refund or a change to a fuel controller. We'll see what they roll on that.
I'll come back with update how it goes. Keep fingers crossed.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Ha ha, I am on the same boat! I bought yuminashi parts from rzracing and the things are going on terrible. For 3 years I did just 2000 miles on my pcx, 1000 happy miles of full stock, then just 1000 miles and 2 blown engines, now waiting for the 3rd engine :).This neverending waiting for months is killing me! First engine got wrong 125 valve retainers and wrong under gasket and did just 50 miles, second engine was ok but overheated and catched the piston, I checked the topgasket was from 125 again and he said thats was not an issue, it works because of coolant pressure is low in there :)
My advice - stick with takegawa parts, they are proven and last long. Reggy is a good enthusiast and he is making interesting parts, but I don't want to be an experimental dog in his team.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Reaper wrote:Ha ha, I am on the same boat! I bought yuminashi parts from rzracing and the things are going on terrible. For 3 years I did just 2000 miles on my pcx, 1000 happy miles of full stock, then just 1000 miles and 2 blown engines, now waiting for the 3rd engine :).This neverending waiting for months is killing me! First engine got wrong 125 valve retainers and wrong under gasket and did just 50 miles, second engine was ok but overheated and catched the piston, I checked the topgasket was from 125 again and he said thats was not an issue, it works because of coolant pressure is low in there :)
My advice - stick with takegawa parts, they are proven and last long. Reggy is a good enthusiast and he is making interesting parts, but I don't want to be an experimental dog in his team.
Sounds like a typical "varying success" to me. Sad to hear. Combined with the very short riding season in Сибирь (Да, я немного говорю по России :-) it must be a killer. By the time anything happens it's winter again. What setup are you using now? I've seen your Grom also over at Hondagrom.net some time ago. Nice outfit.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Thank you for your opinion about a grom! Pcx now is expensive parts collection (ohlins, yoshimura, 190cc etc) in garage corners I see it everyday when I take my car to go to work, sad to see and months of waiting for a new parts. One more fiasco and I turn it back to stock or go with takegawa and throw all yuminashi parts into a thrash bean and try to forget it as a nightmare.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Where do you guys get the crank and conrod to do 190cc?
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

I want to be fair all the way, so an update from today's status.
The new customer service guy at Yuminashi seems like a keeper. Very good communication, no bullshit, promises delivered.
My packet (at this point without the camshaft) is reported to be on the way, at least I've got a tracking number. Will report back on the status.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

That's good news. Hopefully my order won't take too long, then.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

chicaboo wrote:Where do you guys get the crank and conrod to do 190cc?
I thought Yuminashi had a crankshaft for 196cc in stock, they have problems with making them reliable, I talked to Reggy about that and I understand the problem, not an easy one to solve.

Longer cranks is the fastest way to get more torque, next to that is having more compression. From where I'm from, machine shops can stroke a crank (increase the crank throw) in 1 hour. We have old bikes with the popular Honda 100cc engines (50mm x 49.5mm I believe) with 54mm to 7x mm pistons and 62mm crank throw over here. They race everyday :D . Stroking a crankshaft is not actually that hard if you have the cojones to try it. I can do it too, but I need a crankshaft and a daredevil :lol: .
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

Oyabun wrote:I want to be fair all the way, so an update from today's status.
The new customer service guy at Yuminashi seems like a keeper. Very good communication, no bullshit, promises delivered.
My packet (at this point without the camshaft) is reported to be on the way, at least I've got a tracking number. Will report back on the status.
:D Glad to hear you have good news. The past 2 months must be hell. I never got a wrong part from that Danny guy but they did take very long to complete an order.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

So a short update. Day exactly 2 months after I have paid for the items, they have arrived - and I must say Daniel has kept contacting me ever since how my build was going.
Unfortunately my schedule is quite a lot more busy than it would have been during the summer, but I took a day off yesterday, and put together the engine. I really like the quality of the parts provided, but even before I had no issues on this front.
It fired up at once, it only took about a few seconds of cranking. Runs really strong but I have a few more things to check and finish before I go for the first proper ride - but that will be a point of a different topic.
I have ordered a few extra parts which were dispatched yesterday, about 30 hours after I have placed my order.
Just to finish this thread, I hope that the customer support and logistics operation will stay as it is now for long time.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

It took them 9 or 10 days to dispatch my items that were all listed as in stock when I placed my order.
My stuff eventually left Thailand 13 days ago, but hasn't landed in Australia yet.
Another order I placed in Thailand at that same time took 18 days to arrive to Australia, so hopefully my Yuminashi stuff isn't far off...
Daniel sent me a follow-up email last week, too. But I told him I was still waiting on the parts. So, not much he can do beyond that.

The online assistant help guys are great - I got a chatty one when I was placing my order, and we talked about a certain angry chainsaw, that I was surprised that he knew about.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I finally received my Yuminashi parts this morning. Ordered 26th Sep, received 25th Oct.