Average age of PCX/Forza owners?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

What age range fits you best?

Under 20
1%
21-30
10%
31-40
20%
41-50
24%
51-60
19%
61-70
21%
Over 71
6%

Total votes: 304

Truebrit
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Re: Average age of PCX/Forza owners?

Post by Truebrit »

I just turned 70 and bought my PCX a month ago. Unfortunately the weather here has not been conducive to riding, so I have only 55 miles on it. Our rainfall this month is over double the norm.

As a matter of interest does anyone know the oldest reported age is so far?
Current ride:
2019 PCX 150
Previous rides:
2014 Forza 300
1960 Vespa 125
1965 Suzuki 50
1970 Honda c70
1976 Honda c70
1984 Honda V30
2008 Yamaha Majesty
2008 Honda Rebel
2003 Honda Swing
2009 Kymco People 150
2011 Vespa Gts
2009 Piaggio 250
Zulda
Year: 2018 (mod 2017)
Color: Red

Post by Zulda »

46, never had a moto, bought PCX125 last summer. Now finishing (hope) A licence (for all motos) and wish to buy Forza 300 or CB500X next year.
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I turn 76 in two days. I started my love affair with motorized 2 wheelers over 35 years ago with a Honda Elite scooter, and now have a new 2019 PCX150 in the garage sharing space with my 2016 Goldwing. I've only had the scooter for about 2 weeks now, and in part bought it to help my wife get comfortable riding a bike on her own, rather than as my passenger. I have been using the PCX to run local errands, leaving the Goldwing in the garage and loving it. It is so nimble and easy to ride, and easily gets me up to over 50 mph to keep up with the cars. And someday, hopefully not for awhile, when I am old (whenever that might be!) I could see myself having to give up the 900 plus pound Goldwing, but keeping the scooter until the very end.

At 76, I wonder if I am the oldest person here on the forum?
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

vito wrote:I turn 76 in two days. I started my love affair with motorized 2 wheelers over 35 years ago with a Honda Elite scooter, and now have a new 2019 PCX150 in the garage sharing space with my 2016 Goldwing. I've only had the scooter for about 2 weeks now, and in part bought it to help my wife get comfortable riding a bike on her own, rather than as my passenger. I have been using the PCX to run local errands, leaving the Goldwing in the garage and loving it. It is so nimble and easy to ride, and easily gets me up to over 50 mph to keep up with the cars. And someday, hopefully not for awhile, when I am old (whenever that might be!) I could see myself having to give up the 900 plus pound Goldwing, but keeping the scooter until the very end.

I tell you what, 76 with a modern Goldwing deserves respect in itself.

You've made me feel young :lol:
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

you you wrote:
vito wrote:

Sorry to take your title, I turned 77 on Jan 15th this year. :D :D :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Alrighty we have John and Vito still riding and in the lead. Congrats to That Gents!
So when do you two show the rest of us how to ride "Stayin' Alive?" :D
Do we meet in Aussie Land or Prairie Land? Hmmm.....

"....Why Don't We Just Meet You in the Middle?....." (like that song ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Just turned 41, went from Zuma 50 and moving over for the faster traffic to 2013 PCX 150. Loving the ride and mpg! Just need to find a service manual ... hint hint. Not sure if anyone can PM me yet, not enough posts. Lots of learning so far here!
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

WhiteNoise wrote:Alrighty we have John and Vito still riding and in the lead. Congrats to That Gents!
So when do you two show the rest of us how to ride "Stayin' Alive?" :D
Do we meet in Aussie Land or Prairie Land? Hmmm.....

"....Why Don't We Just Meet You in the Middle?....." (like that song ;)
The older I get the more I realise age is a state of mind. Up until about 5 years ago I always said I was 27 years old. That's all changed, now I'm 42. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Except first thing in the morning, then I'm 95).
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bump!

But John....You Still Have Your Great sense of Humor. I love that! Cheers Young'in! :P

To the rest of ye Hooligan's
:D Hel-loooo.....and Welcome Newbies! Welcome Everyone!
Please Play, Click a Box - Let's hear from "You!"

Hurry up! Else I'll be slipping into the next bracket o_O (noooooo, say it isn't sooooo)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
vito
Regular User
Regular User

Post by vito »

I'm 77 now, and posting again a year later shows me that unfortunately this forum doesn't have much activity. Maybe when I post some of my philosophical posts on my other motorcycle forums I will copy and past to this one as well, in the hope of stimulating some internet conversation.

I used to have several friends, and one son to ride with. But when the son got married and his wife became pregnant with their first child (they now have two) he sold his bike and told me that he was done with motorcycling. My 3 riding friends have also stopped riding, two due to age and ailments, and one due to a wife demanding it now that he too has two children. So riding is pretty much a solo activity for me, although my wife does ride as a passenger occasionally on my Goldwing (I'm afraid the PCX is not really up to carrying the both of us) and my youngest son who never had interest before occasionally rides the PCX while I ride the Goldwing and we go for an hour's ride together. But other than some forums I don't really have anyone to talk bikes with, and this forum is pretty sparse in its activity. For any of you looking for more two wheel related discussions, you might want to try being a part of motorcycleforum.com and if really interested, there is an active Goldwing forum GL1800riders.com. Look forward to seeing some PCX folks on the other forums.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
vito
Regular User
Regular User

Post by vito »

I was out for a one hour, 45 mile ride today in moderate temps but strong winds. Got pushed all over the road but enjoyed the ride anyway. When I ride I feel like 37 instead of my real 77. I so enjoy riding this little scooter that I am pretty sure that when I just have to give up the Goldwing I will likely trade it in, along with the PCX, for a highway capable scooter as my only ride. Right now the Suzuki Burgman 650 is at the top of my list.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Bump!

8) Hel-loooo.....and Welcome Newbies! Welcome Everyone!
Please Play, Click a Box - Let's hear from "You!"

Hurry up! Else I'll be slipping into the next bracket o_O (noooooo, say it isn't sooooo)
I'll be dropping into the next bracket soon too :|
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by hondamatic »

71 years young here, I have the same problem as Vito. No one to ride with. The wife doesn't want to ride, she would rather sew. Go figure.
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

hondamatic wrote:71 years young here, I have the same problem as Vito. No one to ride with. The wife doesn't want to ride, she would rather sew. Go figure.

Have you taken up sewing?
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

74 this month.....PCX was my first scooter.......nailed it! My favorite two wheeler. Kept a M/C in the garage for
awhile till I realized I didn't miss the weight or the shifting. Not that I wouldn't like running through the gears
now and then, but not enough to justify keeping one. Thanks to all the members & care takers of this forum. : )
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Hey everyone. I never seen this poll but that explains a lot. ha ha ha. I only say this due to the stubbornness of people on this forum to highly modify their bikes. ha ha ha. jk

I'm 35 in December. Been riding scooters for over 10 years. Started my Scooter journey in the Honda Ruckus Scene. In between builds, I picked up a used PCX and fell in love with how fun it is.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
hondamatic wrote:71 years young here, I have the same problem as Vito. No one to ride with. The wife doesn't want to ride, she would rather sew. Go figure.

Have you taken up sewing?
:lol:
I get what yer sayin' - This: "To each his/her own."
The makings of a single (or one-up) ride experience. Unfortunately that's not very accommodating.
Happy Trails 8) Off into the sunset.

To all you oldie goldie bunch:
"You gotta go where you want to go, Do what you want to do....."
Testing 1.2.3. Who sang that? (tut-tut! No cheating with yer Pal Google :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi ya Conelite! Yer refreshing. Old farts, a young chap on our survey speaks. Thank you young sir, a pleasure to have you aboard. Sometimes we Older dogs and Older kitties could use some new tricks. Sharing the new, we share the old. Mix that in yer bowl and whadaya got? A forum talking to one another! Woohoo a happy Weds it is! (it is Weds...right? lol)

(No, don't go blaming me chatter on caffeine talking :lol: I quit coffee this past July o_O
Oh My God!! The headaches!!! And grouchy? Woof!! Bark!! Woof!! I'm a newer version of me...tis all (whacko!! :lol: )

:? I'm off to see a wizard now......bub bye
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

mymitzi, and We thank You for the kind words and for staying aboard. Many safe and fun PCX rides to ya! :P
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi ya Conelite! Yer refreshing. Old farts, a young chap on our survey speaks. Thank you young sir, a pleasure to have you aboard. Sometimes we Older dogs and Older kitties could use some new tricks. Sharing the new, we share the old. Mix that in yer bowl and whadaya got? A forum talking to one another! Woohoo a happy Weds it is! (it is Weds...right? lol)
It gives me flashbacks of me in the garage changing this and that making my Civic or trans am faster and my old man yelling at me, "Leave it stock you are ruining it!" Only to find out my old man modified his 69 Camaro SS, his Challenger or his stingray back in his youth. ha ha ha. Its a family affair.

I just enjoy tinkering and the scooter make it easier and much cheaper than modding cars. Ive pushed the limits of the 49cc Ruckus engine, so its time to see what I can do with the PCX (Maybe one day swapping the engine into a ruckus frame).
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator